Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida State offers (won't stick)

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 24, 2008, 11:13:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Hog Fan from Camden

Boy, he is racking them up!  If he runs a sub 4.4 forty at a camp this year he will end up being a 5 star.  I think he will stick with his commitment to the Hogs.  Just my opinion!

booogaga

hey RD what are the odds of us getting him here next year. out of 10. 10 being the highest?
GO HOGS!

kobe24

he runs a 4.4 in his sleep the slowest time he ever ran was 4.38 and the fastest was 4.28

COCHISE

Quote from: kobe24 on March 24, 2008, 11:30:18 am
he runs a 4.4 in his sleep the slowest time he ever ran was 4.38 and the fastest was 4.28
Is the trip to Fayetteville still on for Friday?

Brewerfan10

RD, think he has a shot to be the biggest recruit in Arkansas history?

COCHISE

Okay, to make sure I haven't missed any, Darius is currently holding offers from:

Arkansas (committed)
Oklahoma
Miami
Nebraska
Michigan
Notre Dame
Clemson
Auburn
Georgia
Florida St.
Tennessee
Alabama
LSU
S. Carolina
Ole Miss
Memphis

That's currently 16 offers, feel free to add any that I'm missing.

gohogsgo006

As soon as USC offers, he will be a 5*
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Tomhog™

Quote from: 870 RZR on March 24, 2008, 11:52:17 am
Okay, to make sure I haven't missed any, Darius is currently holding offers from:

Arkansas (committed)
Oklahoma
Miami
Nebraska
Michigan
Notre Dame
Clemson
Auburn
Georgia
Florida St.
Tennessee
Alabama
LSU
S. Carolina
Ole Miss
Memphis

That looks right.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: kobe24 on March 24, 2008, 11:30:18 am
That's good to hear.  We are in desperate need of a big time player on the defensive side of the ball.  Mr. Winston might be just what the doctor ordered.

Hog Fan from Camden

kobe24,

I know you have been asked this many times, but what is your feel for him staying committed to the Hogs?

COCHISE

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on March 24, 2008, 12:09:10 pm
As soon as USC offers, he will be a 5*
So far USC has only offered the #1 & #2 rated CB's in the country (Dre Kirkpatrick & Cliff Harris), if they don't get those two they will go to plan B and offer the rest of the top 5.  ;)

J.A.Y.

His uncle says that he will be running thru the A in 2009 for sure.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: J.A.Y. on March 24, 2008, 12:49:32 pm
His uncle says that he will be running thru the A in 2009 for sure.
Good to hear!

japhog

Quote from: TheHOGDog_111 on March 24, 2008, 11:25:04 am
Boy, he is racking them up!  If he runs a sub 4.4 forty at a camp this year he will end up being a 5 star.  I think he will stick with his commitment to the Hogs.  Just my opinion!

i really don't think D will end up a 5 * there are only about 15 right now for the class of 2009, and it will be hard for him to go from 102 to the top 15.  as long as he stays a hog, i don't care how many stars he has...

Sow’sEar

Quote from: 870 RZR on March 24, 2008, 11:52:17 am

Arkansas (committed)
Oklahoma
Miami
Nebraska
Michigan
Notre Dame
Clemson
Auburn
Georgia
Florida St.
Tennessee
Alabama
LSU
S. Carolina
Ole Miss
Memphis

WHAT? Notre Dame has offered him and he didn't mysteriously turn into a 5*?  The recruiting sites are sleeping on the job. ;)

El Puerco

toshortrock

Hope mr. winston stay s a hog
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

kclvr

Why does everyone get so pumped everytime he gets an offer.  Will he win somekind of award?  He's good no doubt about it but everyone in the top 150 will get as many or more unless schools know they are 100% solid and teams just quit wasting time.  I am proud for him but kinda wish the focus would be taken off of him and let teams focus on others.

COCHISE

March 26, 2008, 12:37:44 am #19 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 12:39:22 am by 870 RZR
Why does everyone get so pumped? 

Because we have a player committed to Arkansas that Bobby Bowden, Bob Stoops, Les Miles, Steve Spurrier, Mark Richt, Phillip Fulmer, Rich Rodriguez, Nick Saban, Charlie Weiss, Tommy Bowden, Tommy Tuberville, Houston Nutt, Tommy West, Bo Pelini, and Randy Shannon want.  Darius could end up being the most highly recruited player to ever come out of the state of Arkansas, that's kind of a big deal.

kobe24

kclvr dont be hater he is the number #1 recruit in the state and one of the best corners in the country the focus will never leave him so dont hate on the kid and if a another kid gets offers like this we will do him the same way so dont HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

japhog

is darius telling schools that he is interested in the?  How solid is commitment?

kclvr

Quote from: kobe24 on March 26, 2008, 07:32:42 am
kclvr dont be hater he is the number #1 recruit in the state and one of the best corners in the country the focus will never leave him so dont hate on the kid and if a another kid gets offers like this we will do him the same way so dont HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It has nothing to do about hate.  I am glad he is a early commit.  It just seems like an ego thing with some people on the board.  I do understand we don't get many kids of this caliber but like i said it is a ego trip for some on the board because as i stated before most kids in the top 150 get this many offers as well.

COCHISE

Quote from: kclvr on March 26, 2008, 09:33:57 am
It has nothing to do about hate.  I am glad he is a early commit.  It just seems like an ego thing with some people on the board.  I do understand we don't get many kids of this caliber but like i said it is a ego trip for some on the board because as i stated before most kids in the top 150 get this many offers as well.
And if a recruit makes the national top 150, he has EARNED the hype, it has nothing to do with ego.

kobe24

yea you are rite they get alot of the same offers too but they arent from ARK  so we will enjoy this one because it doesnt happen to us very often

EastMemphisHog

DeltaBoy

I will enjoy seeing this young man wearing a Hog next fall.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bigfoot

Not only can Darius Winston fly, he can tackle as well! Very soild tackler!

SonOfMud

Quote from: 870 RZR on March 26, 2008, 12:37:44 am
Darius could end up being the most highly recruited player to ever come out of the state of Arkansas, that's kind of a big deal.

pssst... I think you're forgetting about a kid named Mitch Mustain. He was Parade High School Player of the year, Gatorade National Football Player of the Year, USA Today National Player of the Year, and 2006 Hall Trophy National High School Player of the Year  Very few people have done that.  On top of that, Scout.com also had him as the number one recruit for 2006. 
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

COCHISE

Quote from: SonOfMud on March 28, 2008, 04:38:53 pm
pssst... I think you're forgetting about a kid named Mitch Mustain. He was Parade High School Player of the year, Gatorade National Football Player of the Year, USA Today National Player of the Year, and 2006 Hall Trophy National High School Player of the Year  Very few people have done that.  On top of that, Scout.com also had him as the number one recruit for 2006. 
I didn't say anything about Darius being the award winningest recruit, I said he COULD end up be the most highly RECRUITED player to come out of the state.  Let's wait until next February and see who ends up with the more impressive list of offers.