Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tonight's game reminded me somewhat of...

Started by deucea729, March 24, 2008, 12:17:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

deucea729

Our 1993 52-point beatdown of Missouri at Bud Walton.  Missouri was a good team that got steamrolled on our path to the national championship.  Everything we shot went in, we got every loose ball, every call, etc.  Mizzou was simply bewildered for the vast majority of the night.

We just got in the way of UNC's national championship express train tonight.  If they don't cakewalk through the rest of this tournament, I will be surprised.

sshawg

I wanted to say this last night but too disapointed at the time.  I watched that game & at the time though how Mo was really terrible. But it was not them but everything we shot went in.  Carolinia made some threes fro Al Dillard range & every loose ball & every long rebound, they got. RAck it up.  We're not nearly as bad as we looked. It just got out of hand & we never got our feet under ud. Its gonna be good from herre on out.

sshawg

Spelling Police, please don't get me. I'll try to do better.

Biggus Piggus

It was obvious at 7-0 that we were going to get blown out.  The Hogs couldn't run any decent offense and couldn't sustain defense very long.  I wonder what our very intense coach said to his team to freak them out so completely.  They were not prepared.

In this tournament in general, I'm really getting tired of coaches waiting for TV timeouts when they need to be fricking coaching.
[CENSORED]!

HogFan1st

i think tennessee could beat them...they can score points when they are shooting the ball well...anyone else agree?  i seriously can't stand UNC or any other team in the ACC for that matter...i live in ACC/Big East territory and all i hear is how good they are...i think i hate UNC and Duke more than i hate texas and LSU...so i'll be rooting for tennessee here on out...them and davidson, that curry kid can flat out score from anywhere
76-72...i remember it like it was yesterday...Charlotte, NC 1994

cardinalhawg

The game yesterday brought back to mind that Missouri game for me as well.  I just do not see NC losing when they are playing like that.  It is hard to beat a team in college when they score 108, unless it is just one of those uptempo teams that play little defense.

NC should win the Nat. Championship, but I do think they will have a close call or two along the way.

Biggus Piggus

Washington State will be the first tough defense the Tar Heels will get to see in this tournament.  Louisville or Tennessee would be an easier matchup, though the Cardinals at least play D.  The Vols aren't so tough on D this year.

As much as I'd love to see Kansas play North Carolina in the Final Four, I hope North Carolina loses to Washington State.
[CENSORED]!

Lanny

Typical road game.  Arkansas can't buy a basket and starts with their infamous matador defense for road games.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hSv on March 24, 2008, 03:42:13 pm
Typical road game.  Arkansas can't buy a basket and starts with their infamous matador defense for road games.

Guarantee, this loss will look worse as the tournament goes on.
[CENSORED]!

BloodRedHog

That Missouri team we blasted I think won the conference regular season and went to the Big Dance....
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: BloodRedHog on March 24, 2008, 05:31:24 pm
That Missouri team we blasted I think won the conference regular season and went to the Big Dance....

That is correct; as a matter of fact, they went undefeated in conference play (16-0) and made it to the Elite Eight, if memory serves.

deucea729

Yesterday = UNC statement.

They will be national champions this year.  No one has the combination of pure talent, depth, and coaching - and the ability to put it all together - that they do. 

As a Hog fan, it's frustrating to be shown on a national stage in excruciating clarity how far we have to go to get to their level.  But it has been done here before, and I'm confident that Pel will have us back in that echelon in the next few years.  As I've reflected on this loss, knowing this numbs the sting that I felt to my Razorback pride yesterday.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: deucea729 on March 24, 2008, 07:34:48 pm
Yesterday = UNC statement.

They will be national champions this year.  No one has the combination of pure talent, depth, and coaching - and the ability to put it all together - that they do. 

A lot of people thought what we saw meant North Carolina was awesome, but they really were a one-dimensional basketball team that did not like to play defense, nor like to play against tough, physical defense.  The Hogs were awed by their flash.  Kansas dismantled them.
[CENSORED]!

deucea729

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 17, 2008, 04:27:34 pm
A lot of people thought what we saw meant North Carolina was awesome, but they really were a one-dimensional basketball team that did not like to play defense, nor like to play against tough, physical defense.  The Hogs were awed by their flash.  Kansas dismantled them.

I was wrong about this one, obviously.