Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flooding

Started by Boarslab, March 18, 2008, 11:07:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarslab

I guess we can forget about fishing in North Ark for a while unless you want to fish out in someones cow pasture.  I live in North Central Arkansas and we have the potential to have another flood close to the one in 1982.  In 1982 it was 41 feet at Calico Rock and they are predicting 40 by Thursday.  It's 10 pm and still pouring so this is going to be a big one.

pioneerhog

Yeah it is going to get high. I have been out part of the night with it and kinda expect to be called back out sometime during the night.

HogNuttz

Quote from: pioneerhog on March 18, 2008, 11:36:12 pm
Yeah it is going to get high. I have been out part of the night with it and kinda expect to be called back out sometime during the night.

Is it over the dam in batesville yet like it was in April 2004.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

peakhog

Big, big water in the upper White River will flush any white bass back into Beaver lake.

Swino

Quote from: HogNuttz on March 19, 2008, 10:30:36 am
Is it over the dam in batesville yet like it was in April 2004.

It is already past the level of 04.

Hawgin84

Quote from: Swino on March 19, 2008, 12:33:51 pm
It is already past the level of 04.

I was still living in Augusta in '82. The White River got to 38 ft. there that year. According to the link it is going to approach those levels.

http://ahps.srh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=lzk&gage=auga4&view=1,1,1,1,1,1

Hawgin84

This link will allow one to click on the gauge of their choice.

http://ahps.srh.noaa.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=lzk&view=1,1,1,1,1,1

Swino

A cabin we stay at a few miles up river from Calico Rock has water inside it now.  During the 04 flood, it got close, but never rose high enough to go inside.  The river is still rising too.

pioneerhog

There are suppose to be some cabins on there way to Batesville from up around Guion. Not sure exactly how many.

doo-ran

We have a cabin at Allison just below Jack's and Angler's in Mtn. View. Fortunately, it would need to come up 5 additional feet to be in our cabin. The water is expected to crest tonight. We are watching the level at Calico Rock constantly. Also, the Sylamore is beginning to recede...this will help a little but I here Jack's is underwater.

hawgcaller

Ozark Lock and Dam was releasing 251,100 cfs down the Arkansas River this morning.  That is a lot of water! 

jdelo77

anyone around southern part of arkansas ? im suppose to go fishing with my dad this weekend and we are thinking the rain messed that up for us...

dirthog

GOT ABOUT A 10TH INCH IN ASHLEY COUNTY
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

HogNuttz

Quote from: catsclaw on March 19, 2008, 07:07:01 pm
Ozark Lock and Dam was releasing 251,100 cfs down the Arkansas River this morning.  That is a lot of water! 

I kinda figured they were.  A couple days ago my road, which runs right next to the lake near Russellville, was underwater.  This morning they had sucked so much water out of it there were trees showing in places I had never seen trees before, although I'm sure some of them may have washed down recently.  It didn't make any sense to send that much water down river and run the lake so low unless they were planning of filling it back up real quick.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Swino

The crest is expected to be 39.5 feet on the White.  The crest was 31.5 in 2004.  I should be getting some pictures soon.

Swino

Quote from: jdelow77 on March 19, 2008, 08:05:15 pm
anyone around southern part of arkansas ? im suppose to go fishing with my dad this weekend and we are thinking the rain messed that up for us...

Depends on where you are going and what you are fishing for.  All in all, I would say that the fishing won't be very good, but the weather is perfect.  Drew county got about 1 inch or so.

jeepinhogfan

War Eagle Creek!!!

HogNuttz

Quote from: Swino on March 20, 2008, 11:20:54 am
The crest is expected to be 39.5 feet on the White.  The crest was 31.5 in 2004.  I should be getting some pictures soon.

There are some of the Batesville area here.

Hawgin84

The White River at Augusta is projected to crest at 37 ft. That will be the 6th all time high and the highest since '82.

RazorbackRon

Thanks for the War Eagle pic.    Here's one at normal flow for a little perspective.

Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Swino on March 20, 2008, 11:20:54 am
What part of the White is it getting that high Swino? I know it crested right around 27 feet here in Batesville earlier and has since began to slowly fall. It is suppose to get to 32 feet in Newport and stay above 30 feet for several days.

Swino

95_alum

Attached are a couple photos from Noel.

Boarslab

Well,  I had a chance to put my boat in today and survey the damage from Guion to Round Bottom Access near Sylamore.  It looks like most of the houses at Round Bottom are still standing, but most got wet.  Below Guion it looks like only 2 of 12 or 13 are still standing--the rest have been swept away.  One house is blocking the main river road and another is piled up in a drift at the end of the housing division. I have no idea where the rest are, but they are gone. You know, I still can't believe people built houses there.  I grew up nearby and I have seen this place flood two or three times a year.  I hate it for the people that lost their houses, but a little common sense would help.  You can't build houses on the banks of the White River unless it is protected and on high ground.  If you are below Crooked Creek and the Buffalo this is going to happen--not the this degree every year, but it floods often.  I will try to attach some photos of Guion later.

razorbackfan4life

The bass fishing was just picking up too..  I was up on Table Rock when the rain came.  I caught one fish in two days!  The lake was up almost 20 feet..  Craziness.  Looks like I'll have to wait a couple weeks to hit it up again!

treypd99

Does anyone have photos of spring river or the elevenpoint river?

DeltaBoy

I grew up at Clarendon and in 1982 it was lapping the top of the levie and we had to cap my grandads pitcherpump well in his garden the river cause it to shoot up 6 ft in the air like a Artisen well.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgin84

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 27, 2008, 01:11:09 pm
I grew up at Clarendon and in 1982 it was lapping the top of the levie and we had to cap my grandads pitcherpump well in his garden the river cause it to shoot up 6 ft in the air like a Artisen well.

The river got to 32.8 ft. in '82 at Clarendon. It is predicted to make 33 ft. by Sunday.

DeltaBoy

It they are correct it just might top the level this time.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarslab

I think channel KY3 in Springfield, MO has some picture of the Elevenpoint on their website.  Also, check KAIT 8's in Jonesboro---seems like I saw some there as well.

95_alum

RiverRatHog

Here are a couple of pics from Clarendon taken on 3/28/08.
1. Boat Landing
2. RR Bridge
3. Hwy 302 just across the Clarendon levee.

(I'm going down to East Lake today at my family's cabin and will post more pics when I get home)