Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UT coach Rick Barnes threatens the state of Arkansas......this is a throwdown!

Started by HOG RED UMP, March 17, 2008, 04:09:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG RED UMP

"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

bellavistamike

I'd love to see Texas come play but if they want to be crybabies, boo them in NLR and to h*ll with them coming back for a game. What a jerk!

cityhog

oh it's on.  I am not advocating keying, spitting, throwing objects, but every Arky better boo the living sh*t out of the Whorns everytime they are on the court.  And they need to take the heckling of Barnes to a new level.

That wuss wouldn't even return the "home and home game" with us this year.  Screw that female dog.

Dropkick

NuttinItUp

OTTER

Big brave Rick Barnes!!  Maybe he needs to bring his blankie with him.  What a jackarse!!!  Ohh, you bet there will be some screaming goin' on now.  It will be so loud, he won't be able to hear his Little Bo Peep cassette.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Bigfoot

He must not want to come back next year. He has to know that this kinda threat would start something bigtime! I guess we will see.

drivetimeporks

Texas will be boo-ed from the second they step on the court.... what a bunch of cunts!

drivetimeporks

Quote from: drivetimeporks on March 17, 2008, 04:33:21 pm
Texas will be boo-ed from the second they step on the court.... what a bunch of flippys!
as they down thar in Tey-jas .. "Las Panochitas!"

Dropkick

I don't care if Ricky's little orange panties are in a wad he better shut up. No one gives a stuff if he comes back here our not. If they want to buy their way out of playing us so be it. What a dipsh!t.

razorbackmkh

I have to agree with one of the comments on the  blog, this seemed pretty tongue-in-cheek. I mean seriously? Who would say that and mean it? And if he does mean it, who cares, he made himself look like a big cry baby. I think its nothing beyond kind of funny.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

Wildhog

He picked the wrong time to make comments like those, considering we're on our way back to glory!
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgon

Bigfoot

#15 seed Austin Peay will have a homecourt advantage like they have never had before!

HogNuttz

Bad part for Texas is, booing Texas is by far and away the only motivation for most locals to go to the game.

Have fun Tejas.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hawgon on March 17, 2008, 04:41:55 pm
Tongue-in-cheek doesn't translate well in print.

It didn't read very togue-in-cheek did it?  I don't think it was.  It's a little too bitter to be tongue-in-cheek.
1909/1964/1965/1977

razorrog1

It's too bad Little Ole Arkansas isn't any kind of rival for Big Bad Texas in anything.  They don't even know we exist since it means more to us than it does them.  Whatever. They hate our freaking guts and we return the favor.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Wildhog05 on March 17, 2008, 04:47:46 pm
It didn't read very togue-in-cheek did it?  I don't think it was.  It's a little too bitter to be tongue-in-cheek.
Yeah, he was totally being truthful, or at least that is how it read. Perhaps if you could see the video he might have a smirk on his face, but it definitely reads as bitter.

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

razorrog1

I can't believe Barnes is a stupid guy. He has to know what kind of reaction this would cause. He was either kidding or trying to motivate his team somehow.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: razorrog1 on March 17, 2008, 04:52:03 pm
I can't believe Barnes is a stupid guy. He has to know what kind of reaction this would cause. He was either kidding or trying to motivate his team somehow.

I'd like to think someone isn't that stupid, either...But he said it, he knew it would be printed.  My guess is motivation, because if he was kidding, then he just made the worst decision he could have made.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pigdiana Jones

Rick Barnes can just STFU.

Arkansas better treat us good or I'll whine like a little bitch because i can't get my way, and we won't come play you next year... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

STFU Barnes - no one gives a rats a$$ what you think.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Hawgzilla

Hornfans.com-----You'll find all the crybabies you need right here.......

TUCK FEXAS............. >:(

bigyellowdog

Go Austin Peay!!!

:D

razorrog1

Quote from: Wildhog05 on March 17, 2008, 04:53:35 pm
I'd like to think someone isn't that stupid, either...But he said it, he knew it would be printed.  My guess is motivation, because if he was kidding, then he just made the worst decision he could have made.
You're right.  I gave a Longhorn waaaayyyyy too much credit.  Arrogance has overridden intelligence in Barnes case, like it does for most who wear that horrible color of orange. 
Boy, it is fun to hate/trash those guys.

dhornjr1

But I thought all the Texass people didn't care about lil' ol' Arkansas any more. I guess there is still some envy there after all.

The best line in the whole story is Rick Schaeffer quoting Broyles back in '95...

"We're not trying to make a big deal out of it. Our fans are," Schaeffer said. "Coach Broyles said, "I didn't think Texas envied anyone. I guess they envy us."'

hogfan x

All i can tell Barnes is to get their checkbook out.   If they want to cut and run, go for it.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

HOG RED UMP

"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

Wildhog

Hogville Vs. Hornfans
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is a key matchup for the future. lol.
1909/1964/1965/1977

bellavistamike

You know, a sign at a LR football game back in the 80s put it best... "Bevo is gay!"

soso

Let's go Pea!

UT has no idea what's about to hit them. Pay back is hell.

kimjongsqUeAl

ha, i just don't know what to say about that.  Friggin hilarious!
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

hog_fan

Seriously who the hell cares? Half of you people would take a Texas win over an SEC win. Get over it as it not 60's and 70's anymore.

If he wants out then fine let them write the check.

Justifiable Hogicide

Not too smart on his part, this will generate a lot of ill will directed his way.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

My friend played a solo there at half-court and was booed the entire time.  He was playing "Shout" FOR THEIR ENTERTAINMENT, and those b**tards booed him.  So he finished, gave Texas the upside down Hook'em Horns sign in Austin at half-court, turned all the way around so everyone could see, jogged off the court, and lived!

"Many in the Erwin Center robustly booed not only the Razorback players but also their pep band, cheerleaders and, especially, Coach Nolan Richardson, during the March 17-19 tournament. Many Razorbacks, Richardson included, responded by making an inverted "Hook 'em" sign, the ultimate show of disrespect to Texas fans."

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: hog_fan on March 17, 2008, 05:24:34 pm
Seriously who the hell cares? Half of you people would take a Texas win over an SEC win. Get over it as it not 60's and 70's anymore.

I think you'll find that the vast majority of Hog fans care deeply about the Arkansas-Texas rivalry.  I know I do.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Wildhog

Quote from: gmb_79 on March 17, 2008, 05:45:24 pm
I think you'll find that the vast majority of Hog fans care deeply about the Arkansas-Texas rivalry.  I know I do.

Agreed.
1909/1964/1965/1977

drivetimeporks

Quote from: hog_fan on March 17, 2008, 05:24:34 pm

what a dick!

dhornjr1

Quote from: gmb_79 on March 17, 2008, 05:45:24 pm

I would imagine that most people who don't recognize the Arkansas-Texas rivalry are probably under 25. We left the SWC 17 years ago.

It's those of us who actually remember those days that still have strong emotions about the Longhorns.

hawgball9401

It has been said a couple of times already, but I would like to state it again for Mr. Barnes....in the words of our beloved Coach Pel, STFU!!!

cmakrzrbak

I'm sorry, I couldn't read that through the abyss that is Rick Barnes gaping vajayjay.

Seriously, what a [CENSORED]
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

PorkerOinker

Pi$$ on his buyout we have enough money to tell him either you play or you forfeit and take a loss on your record we don't need your damn money.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

slowride

It's kinda sad how the tables have turned.  In 95, we were the final 4 team and they we're the wannabes booing.  This year, they are a 2 seed who has a shot at the final four and we are the haters.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: slowride on March 17, 2008, 06:09:18 pm
It's kinda sad how the tables have turned.  In 95, we were the final 4 team and they we're the wannabes booing.  This year, they are a 2 seed who has a shot at the final four and we are the haters.

Hey I was fine with Texas and actually has them in the Final Four in my bracket, and I would have half way rooted for them but pi$$ on them now.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Theolesnort

We have been challenged. What are we going to do about it true blue Razorback fans?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.