Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please turn down the NIT or CIb

Started by hogsanity, February 27, 2008, 10:02:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Let it end at the SEC tournament.  I cant take anymore bad baskeyball.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hillhog

Go to the NIT and play the underclassmen!!! Get them some exposure

phadedhawg

I agree...start all underclassmen and let the seniors watch their last Razorback games.

Hollywood_HOGan45

im afraid this group has just quit just like in brewer's sophmore year.

Marshfieldhog

We should start resting Patrick for next year.

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

bythelake

We don't have any underclassmen. 

The dilemma is that the freshman on the bench.... some need to redshirt, some need to transfer.  No win situation.

COCHISE

phadedhawg

Coondog Hog

Quote from: bythelake on February 27, 2008, 10:52:01 pm
We don't have any underclassmen. 

The dilemma is that the freshman on the bench.... some need to redshirt, some need to transfer.  No win situation.

I would rather watch the rest of them struggle than to see Pel allow the seniors to carry on as they have so far.  I know Pel cant play for them, but he doesent have to allow this to continue either.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan

Wild Bill Hog

All this team would get out of the NIT is a loss at home.

Hot_Town_Hog

There is not a more passionate hog fan anywhere, but I will not watch this team if they go to the NIT!!!!

DMacIsASaint

Quote from: hillhog on February 27, 2008, 10:48:58 pm

agreed.

1hogfan

I don't know how Coach stands to go to practice. I would take some time off and let the assistants run this bunch for a while. Don't think we can call them a "Team".

hogsanity

Quote from: hillhog on February 27, 2008, 10:48:58 pm

What underclassmen?  Beverly, Welsh, Patsatsia, Rakestraw, Washington, and Britt? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PeytonManningSUCKS

I thought that was the lamest thing when we turned down the NIT.  I felt like a quitter and it wasn't me that did it.  I hope pel has more heart than stan did when he did this and we go play ball. 

IMAballHawg

Any time you get an opportunity to play, you play.  Thats the only way you can improve and if Pel is smart he can use it to get a jump start on next years season.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

NuttinItUp

Take the opportunity if it is presented. I am still holding out hope for the NCAAs if we can pull it together, though.

hogsanity

Quote from: IMAballHawg on February 28, 2008, 09:42:12 am
Any time you get an opportunity to play, you play.  Thats the only way you can improve and if Pel is smart he can use it to get a jump start on next years season.

Get a jump with who?  If that's the plan, then you might as well sit the sr's, and that leaves you with 5 guards and washington, who thinks he is a guard. 

PeytonManningSUCKS

February 28, 2008, 09:50:35 am #19 Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 09:54:59 am by RanSolo
Quote from: hogsanity on February 28, 2008, 09:46:40 am
Get a jump with who?  If that's the plan, then you might as well sit the sr's, and that leaves you with 5 guards and washington, who thinks he is a guard. 
We get it, you've given up on this team.  Some of us are still enjoying basketball because we aren't sore losers.  You didn't think it was lame when we pulled out on the NIT?  Don't sit the seniors, play to win and if we don't maybe we instilled a bit of heart in the underclassmen, maybe Sonny Weems or Darian can do enough to go pro.  This is the team that saw us not play in the NIT and watched it's coach quit on that season and look at their heart.

hogsanity

Quote from: RanSolo on February 28, 2008, 09:50:35 am
We get it, you've given up on this team.  Some of us are still enjoying basketball because we aren't sore losers.  You didn't think it was lame when we pulled out on the NIT?  Don't sit the seniors, play to win and if we don't maybe we instilled a bit of heart in the underclassmen, maybe Sonny Weems or Darian can do enough to go pro.  This is the team that saw us not play in the NIT and watched it's coach quit on that season and look at their heart.

I have no given up on any TEAM.  This hog basketball group IS NOT a team.  Hunter, Townes, Thomas, and Ervin all play for themselves. 

I am not a sore loser, but, how can anyone enjoy this as basketball.  My 9yr old team plays better fundamentally than these guys do.

sooie dog

Quote from: RanSolo on February 28, 2008, 09:39:45 am
I thought that was the lamest thing when we turned down the NIT.  I felt like a quitter and it wasn't me that did it.  I hope pel has more heart than stan did when he did this and we go play ball. 

This group does not deserve the NIT.  I pitty the fool that would waste 2 hours on them in a NIT game!

hillhog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on February 27, 2008, 11:16:42 pm
All this team would get out of the NIT is a loss at home.
The way we are playing I am not sure we would get the home game.

PeytonManningSUCKS

It was the lamest thing ever when we turned down the NIT and we won't do it again... Everyone knows we only turned it down that year because we were afraid of playing UALR and what a loss in the NIT would have done for our recruiting.  We also couldn't dribble inside the 3 point line when a team slapped a zone on us.

The reasoning only makes it lamer by the way.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: hillhog on February 28, 2008, 10:20:34 am
The way we are playing I am not sure we would get the home game.
We play pretty good at home still.  Can't fault them there yet. 

hillhog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 28, 2008, 09:37:26 am
What underclassmen?  Beverly, Welsh, Patsatsia, Rakestraw, Washington, and Britt? 
Anyone who is not a Sr.

Knot2brite

Play anytime you can play. If you dont want to watch it, dont watch it.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hogsanity

Quote from: hillhog on February 28, 2008, 10:23:01 am
Anyone who is not a Sr.

So you want us to play a game with just Washington, Beverly, Welsh, Cox, Britt, Patsatsia, and Rakestraw. 

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: hogsanity on February 28, 2008, 10:08:39 am
I have no given up on any TEAM.  This hog basketball group IS NOT a team.  Hunter, Townes, Thomas, and Ervin all play for themselves. 

I am not a sore loser, but, how can anyone enjoy this as basketball.  My 9yr old team plays better fundamentally than these guys do.
I guess I just enjoy basketball season over all more than you.  That does not make me naive, or it doesn't mean I don't see our team's deficiencies.  I am not the one with unrealistic expectations about this team that I have been watching for 4 years.  I know the kinds of losses we are capable of (especially on the road) and therefore take my lumps when they come and don't get all pissy.  At the beginning of this season I had high hopes, but realistic expectations.

Heads up, we won't win the SEC next year...  we may not even be better than this team.  I still love hog basketball and will pull for us to win every game.  It hurts when we lose, but be a good sport about it.  SPORTSMANSHIP is totally lost in messageboards.  I feel sorry for players who have to play in this era of instant opinionism by hurtful fans.  It must be tough.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 28, 2008, 10:35:01 am
Play anytime you can play. If you dont want to watch it, dont watch it.
+1

hogsanity

Quote from: RanSolo on February 28, 2008, 10:41:29 am
I guess I just enjoy basketball season over all more than you.  That does not make me naive, or it doesn't mean I don't see our team's deficiencies.  I am not the one with unrealistic expectations about this team that I have been watching for 4 years.  I know the kinds of losses we are capable of (especially on the road) and therefore take my lumps when they come and don't get all pissy.  At the beginning of this season I had high hopes, but realistic expectations.

Heads up, we won't win the SEC next year...  we may not even be better than this team.  I still love hog basketball and will pull for us to win every game.  It hurts when we lose, but be a good sport about it.  SPORTSMANSHIP is totally lost in messageboards.  I feel sorry for players who have to play in this era of instant opinionism by hurtful fans.  It must be tough.

The only expectation I had was to make the NCAAT.  Whether it was as a 1 seed or a 13, I just expected them to be in.  I still watch every game, and I even listen to the games on the radio when they are not on the tube.  I just hate stupid play, and they play stupid. 

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: hogsanity on February 28, 2008, 10:52:08 am
The only expectation I had was to make the NCAAT.  Whether it was as a 1 seed or a 13, I just expected them to be in.  I still watch every game, and I even listen to the games on the radio when they are not on the tube.  I just hate stupid play, and they play stupid. 
agreed, they played very stupid last night.  It was very frustrating to see it slip away.  We still have a VERY good chance to make the tourney. With a Vandy win and a run into the SECT.  That loss hurt us bad and put our backs to the wall for sure though.

hogsanity

Quote from: RanSolo on February 28, 2008, 10:54:39 am
agreed, they played very stupid last night.  It was very frustrating to see it slip away.  We still have a VERY good chance to make the tourney. With a Vandy win and a run into the SECT.  That loss hurt us bad and put our backs to the wall for sure though.

IMO, even if we win our last 3, we are out.  We would be a very weak 10-6 in the sec.  We do not play a Thur game in the SECT, so even if we made the finals we would be 12-7, assuming we lost the final game.  IMO, this year, with the "strength" of some of the mid-major and minor conferences, we just are not impressive enough to get in.  Just look at the WCC.  Gonzaga is in, but St Mary's is even better, so they are going to get 2 teams.  And you can expand that all across the country.

harmonyhog

Hope the seniors will not be booed when ntroduced on senior night against Auburn.

stan the man

If we finish 10 and 6 we will be in the NCAA's.  I just don't see us doing that.

Since the NIT is connected to the NCAA's I don't think we would have a lot of choices.  We would almost have to play, even though I don't think we should. 

jbcarol

Quote from: harmonyhog on February 28, 2008, 11:38:40 am
Hope the seniors will not be booed when ntroduced on senior night against Auburn.

WOW! 
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Coondog Hog

Quote from: harmonyhog on February 28, 2008, 11:38:40 am

The have earned it. 

Its one thing if they had no talent and were working their buts off.  It is another when you have a ton of talent and wont use it. These Seniors are the worst class of the last 25 years as far as hardwork and hustle at game time go.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

jbcarol

Are recruits going to be in for Senior Day this year?
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hogsanity

Quote from: stan the man on February 28, 2008, 11:41:42 am
If we finish 10 and 6 we will be in the NCAA's.  I just don't see us doing that.

Since the NIT is connected to the NCAA's I don't think we would have a lot of choices.  We would almost have to play, even though I don't think we should. 

I dont think 10-6 is a slam dunk entry.  We would be a horribly weak 10-6.  Our best win would be at home against Vandy.  It would also include a loss at home to SC.  A loss to GA.  A loss to a horrible Bama team.  Losses to Prov, Ou, and App St.  Does that look like to resume of a NCAAT team to you?

jbcarol

Signature wins now over RPI #33 Baylor in Dallas and the big win over RPI #41 Mississippi State in BWA (split series).

1962hoops

NIT stands for not in tournament and if you're not in THE tournament you don't matter and your season is over.

Section B

Take the bid but leave all seniors except SW home.  Use it as an advanced practice for the underclassmen.  Never happen but should.
Quote from: wocraig on February 23, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
"This is the beginning of a major character flaw with American society.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.

Section B

Quote from: bbrj on February 28, 2008, 02:48:40 pm
I have been watching Hog Basketball for as long as I can remember and I have never seen a worse display than I saw last night in Alabama.  There were several plays that made me jump up and yell at the TV. 

You mean you didn't like CT's hand off.  He had such good form.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.

IMAballHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on February 28, 2008, 12:06:08 pm
I dont think 10-6 is a slam dunk entry.  We would be a horribly weak 10-6.  Our best win would be at home against Vandy.  It would also include a loss at home to SC.  A loss to GA.  A loss to a horrible Bama team.  Losses to Prov, Ou, and App St.  Does that look like to resume of a NCAAT team to you?

10-6 in the SEC with 20+ wins should be enough to get us in the tournament. I read in the paper today (I live in KY) that since the SEC expansion in 1991-1992 that every 10 win SEC team has made the tournament except for Georgia, and they were in trouble with the NCAA at the time. 
Do we barely get in?  Yes.  But we still get in.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

Oliver

The NIT is a tournament for teams that are striving to one day make the NCAAT, not for a bunch of choking quitters.  Instead of us turning down the NIT, it would be more appropriate for the NIT to turn us down.

Section B

Quote from: bbrj on February 28, 2008, 03:11:33 pm
you mean "the Minimal"?

Really it's shame that he's imploding (along with the rest I might add).  He's always played hard, just playing without any confidence now (along with the rest I might add).  I'm beginning to sense a theme here.............

Amen brotha.