Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A few words from the Soprano family

Started by Hoggysoprano, May 26, 2005, 06:07:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggysoprano

In the past few months I have been very hard on coach Nutt. While I still feel a change is in the air and it will be good for the U of A I will no longer be posting negative ideas about coach Nutt, not even about his brother or any of his assistants.  I may from time to time report something someone has told me or I have heard but that will be all.  I am a Hog fan, I always have been and always will be, some of you don't like me, we guess what, I don't like you either.  Some of you are my friends, I am your friend also unless you start trying to ruin the reputation of my Hogs or start pimping some other team on here. 

From now on I am looking forward to the upcoming season, I am glad to see coach Nutt has been talking to coach Malzhan, as I told you it would take that to get Mustain, and I am excited about coach Herring and his assistant who have brought a new brand of defense. I hope they can bring in the recruits to make title run in the future.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: John Wesley Hardin on May 26, 2005, 06:20:27 pm
Nutt was great at Murray State and 1/2 Nutt was O.K. too! Nut could do a great job coaching Wheel Barrow Races. High School coaches have figured out that most of them know more about OFFENSE than Nutt's Staff.
MY Favorite part of OUR team is the Kicking Game and our GREAT SPECIAL TEAMS! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D PHAT PHIL LIKES EM' TOO!

Ray you are not a Hog fan, your an Aggie fan. Noone here likes the Aggies including me. I am a Hog fan, I always have been and I always will be. I will not get caught up in anymore anti Hog BS.

Buff

i see the therapy is really starting to pay off.  good job hoggy

xkyrie

...No.

We should expect him to bring at least a keg of beer, and a cop detecting bbq grill. Anyone second the motion?

By the way, I had my picture with him posted ALL over the known universe!

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: HoopHog on May 26, 2005, 07:43:02 pm
Quote from: xkyrie on May 26, 2005, 07:33:31 pm
...No.

We should expect him to bring at least a keg of beer, and a cop detecting bbq grill. Anyone second the motion?

By the way, I had my picture with him posted ALL over the known universe!

WORD!!! You two look good together! Hehehe

I'm looking forward to a good season, and many more good ones after this one. Thanks for the words Hoop

Bomis Hawg

I wish I could've made it to the tailgate during the Bama game that I won the tickets from, thanks to Hogville.  If I can come out for a game, I'm there. ;D

junkyardhog

I'm looking forward to a good season, and many more good ones after this one. Thanks for the words Hoop

Insert eery music here.

[attachment deleted by admin]

riccoar

I believe coach Malzhan has proven himself.  Very few coaches go from A to AAAAA and maintain the success.  The guy can coach.  I wish Nutt and the team nothing but success.  Our new DC will make huge strides for our defense and regardless of why Nutt hires Malzhan his addition will only be a plus. 

Slacker

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on May 26, 2005, 06:07:26 pm
In the past few months I have been very hard on coach Nutt. While I still feel a change is in the air and it will be good for the U of A I will no longer be posting negative ideas about coach Nutt, not even about his brother or any of his assistants. I may from time to time report something someone has told me or I have heard but that will be all. I am a Hog fan, I always have been and always will be, some of you don't like me, we guess what, I don't like you either. Some of you are my friends, I am your friend also unless you start trying to ruin the reputation of my Hogs or start pimping some other team on here.

From now on I am looking forward to the upcoming season, I am glad to see coach Nutt has been talking to coach Malzhan, as I told you it would take that to get Mustain, and I am excited about coach Herring and his assistant who have brought a new brand of defense. I hope they can bring in the recruits to make title run in the future.

Damn. Try as I might, I was unable to find the date of April 1 anywhere in that...

Oklahawg

Hoggy, your epiphany came about the same time this year that Biggus' did last (okay, about 2 months earlier). The off-season is too long to let pessimism get you down. It doesn't mean we have to accept aimless puffery about the team, but can't we try to see the glass as half-full occasionally? Or, as George Carlin said, decide to get a smaller glass.

I find myself a lot happier when I can mull over what combination of events will result in a bowl trip this year, or better, and (another) top recruiting class.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

WilsonHog

I'm looking forward to this season. The downside to coaching football has always been that the responsibilities on Friday night and Saturday mornings kept me from following the Hogs like I had previously.

Now that I've resigned those duties, I'll be able to spend many more autumn weekends in Fayetteville. I can think of no better place to be, nor any better way to spend a weekend.

pioneerhog

Well Hoggy I am sure some of us will miss some of the negitive things you had to say, because part of the time they where true. I have always had respect for you and your post and maybe that is why we have never had crossed words. I liked your post before and I am sure I will like them better now, I won't have to sort through all the other BS of people trying to start crap with you. I consider you a friend although I haven't met you yet and I look forward to meating you, hopefully one Saturday this fall. WPS.

junkyardhog

Boy, after that post, I bet you are looking forward to "meating" him!

;D

Razorback Jedi

I might start reading your posts now, Hoggy. Good to hear that your switching gears a bit, that's refreshing to hear...and hopefully see.

Sirporkalot

I must comend you and say that I am proud of your resolve to open up to change.  I have thrown it back at you too hard at times; and should have refrained sometimes.   I am putting the past where it belongs; and hope that you and I can be civil now.  Your son can definetly be proud of his father.  Congrats and good luck.

Bigmac

This lovefest is making me  :puke:

Hoggy if ya got an opinion use the dang thing. I understand where you are coming from but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then you know the rest. I am looking forward to the season but I don't have the jump in my step like I use to and I blame Nutt for that (not age). I'm just not as excited as I use to be. It will take time. I wish Nutt luck and want to see him succeed but he still has a lot to prove after 7-8 years. I just want to see another top 25 program in my lifetime. But on the subject Hoggy don't turn. You may leave the darkside but please come back to the not-all-the-way darkside. Don't accept mediocrity. Don't let them brain wash you. Please come back........................................

junkyardhog

Bigmac, a leopard can't change his spots. Don't worry you aren't losing hoggy ;)

There must be be equal opinions on BOTH sides of the force!! I myself, try to be neutral, it is hard at times, but If I see it swaying too far one way, I don't think twice about going the other way just to even things out and keep conversation stimulating.

WilsonHog

As far as Skip's original post, an applaud.

I came to Hogville because it got tiresome to log onto a Razorback message board and read one negative post after another.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, it's frustrating to log onto a board and figure out real quickly that negative comments aren't tolerated. There has to be a balance.

I also think that we go overboard sometimes. I had some harsh comments about Daryl Maday the other night after the Florida game.  The point was good (that based on recent performance, DVH would have been better off sticking with Schmidt or going right to Boyce), but in frustration I let that point evolve into personal criticism of Maday.  Those type of comments shouldn't be posted on the web for all to see. 

junkyardhog

I believe those posts the other night were on pure emotion for that game.  I bet if you asked people the next morning if they felt the same way, they would say 'probably not'.  But the ability to speak out like that is cathartic and is pretty darned nice if you ask me.

WilsonHog

Quote from: junkyardhog on May 27, 2005, 11:43:11 am
I believe those posts the other night were on pure emotion for that game. I bet if you asked people the next morning if they felt the same way, they would say 'probably not'. But the ability to speak out like that is cathartic and is pretty darned nice if you ask me.

That's true to an extent.

I think it's also true that the games are the most fun during and after a win, but the message boards are the most fun after a loss.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: Bigmac on May 27, 2005, 10:58:52 am
This lovefest is making me :puke:

Hoggy if ya got an opinion use the dang thing. I understand where you are coming from but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then you know the rest. I am looking forward to the season but I don't have the jump in my step like I use to and I blame Nutt for that (not age). I'm just not as excited as I use to be. It will take time. I wish Nutt luck and want to see him succeed but he still has a lot to prove after 7-8 years. I just want to see another top 25 program in my lifetime. But on the subject Hoggy don't turn. You may leave the darkside but please come back to the not-all-the-way darkside. Don't accept mediocrity. Don't let them brain wash you. Please come back........................................

I will never accept mediocrity, I am just not going to be mean spirited when I discuss it.