Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eric Smiley- DT- West Helena (Ole Miss lean)

Started by pcrouch3809, February 07, 2008, 03:21:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pcrouch3809

Is rated the #43 player overall in the class of 09 by rivals.  6'5"  265, 4.75 40.  We need to get on him early.  There are only 6 DT's rated higher than him right now.  Does anybody know anything else?

HoggyWayne

I don't know anything about him other than he is supposed to be amazing. Also, I read on here earlier that he has apparently moved off somewhere. I'm not sure how true that is though.

OKhogfan1959

The talent in Arkansas will continue to get better and better. Common Arky boys load us up with talent!

Peppa Pig

He's moving back to Washington.  Has zero interest in the Hogs.

Hawgballz

Quote from: pcrouch3809 on February 07, 2008, 03:21:05 pm
Is rated the #43 player overall in the class of 09 by rivals.  6'5"  265, 4.75 40.  We need to get on him early.  There are only 6 DT's rated higher than him right now.  Does anybody know anything else?

He is from Seattle WA and is moving back there.  He was only in Arkansas for 1 year so he did not have enough time to develop an "undying love" for the hogs.  He no longer has any interest in the Razorbacks.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: poohpig on February 07, 2008, 03:28:27 pm

Really? Have you talked to him? Your pretty adamant about this?  Real happy it seems?

J.A.Y.

I wouldn't say he has zero interest in the Hogs.

He actually likes the Hogs. And his former teammate Darius Winston just committed to the Hogs.

We have less of a chance to sign him now that he is back in Washington, but to say he has zero interest in going to far.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

rljjr

Only 364 shopping days until Signing Day! WPS!!!

jackflash

I would still offer him.  I don't care what are chances are.

TennesseeRaz

Don't know quite how to say this without offending the Hog brethren in the Delta, but if my choice was to live in W. Helena or Washington, I'd go to Washington, too.  However, NWA would be a different matter altogether.  Let's hope he's visited or we can get him to visit, Fayetteville.

Nutts and Bolts

I am under the impression that he has already moved...
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Bacon The Saddle Again

Maybe while he was here and watched SEC football every Saturday he gained an interest in the best conference in the nation.  Then we would only have to beat out 11 other schools. :P

jim hog

kobe24

he is leaving this weekend maybe we are still tryn to work sumtin out with him to get him to stay

hogfan160

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on February 07, 2008, 04:52:20 pm
Don't know quite how to say this without offending the Hog brethren in the Delta, but if my choice was to live in W. Helena or Washington, I'd go to Washington, too.  However, NWA would be a different matter altogether.  Let's hope he's visited or we can get him to visit, Fayetteville.
I would too since west Helena doesn't exist.

Petrinos Pigs

Quote from: hogfan160 on February 07, 2008, 08:25:58 pm
I would too since west Helena doesn't exist.

I've been to West Helena.
Hog Born and Hog Breed

hogfan160

It was kind of a joke. West Helena is now Helena-West Helena. The cities consolidated.

HogNuttz

Quote from: hogfan160 on February 08, 2008, 10:21:22 am
It was kind of a joke. West Helena is now Helena-West Helena. The cities consolidated.

Did the cities consolidate, or the school system?

If the cities consolidated, why wouldn't the town be called Helena? 
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

The real Hogules

I believe that the Razorbacks are the ONLY school he has listed as a school of interest at this time, so there has to be at least a little interest on his part in our program.

Now, a lot can change in a year, but I'd be willing to bet that provided he wants one Bobby Petrino can get an official visit from Smiley.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hoggish1

Wrong!  That was when TCWF was smelling the place up.  It is all different now. Moved to Washington means we land one from the Pacific NW! WPS

hogfan160

Quote from: HogNuttz on February 08, 2008, 10:25:00 am
Did the cities consolidate, or the school system?

If the cities consolidated, why wouldn't the town be called Helena? 
Cities consolidated, West Helena was the larger city, so by law the town was going to have to be named West Helena. Question became how can you be west of a non-existent Helena? Just went with both to satisfy all.

Tomhog™

I believe he has already moved, yet Arkansas should still offer.  I think saying he has 'zero' interest in Arkansas may be premature.  It may prove to be true in time, but I'm not ready to say that.

Pigdiana Jones

February 08, 2008, 05:37:25 pm #22 Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 05:39:04 pm by salebow
I'm from Helena-West Helena, and why do you think I prefer living in Edmond, OK? LOL That place is fine for growing up at, but as for a career and raising kids of my own, NO THANKS.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Table Rocker

according to cnnsi.com we are the only school he is considering (#43). notice montrell connor right above him. gotta wonder how accurate this is though.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/players/02/07/rivals.1002/index.html

kvou812

Helena - West Helena isn't THAT small.  They are in the 5A classification for football.