Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any truth to the Khiry Battle to Ole Miss reports?

Started by neahogfan180, February 05, 2008, 10:26:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neahogfan180

I trust you guys on here, I don't get worked up over www.crappayboard.com threads until someone on here with a great rep verifies it for me.

Wildhog

Other boards are reporting it to be true as well..
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgvillain

He's now listed as a soft verbal on Rivals.  Maybe Hooters convinced him to change at the last second to "stick it to us".

Of course, he's like Ole Miss's 43rd commitment so it will be interesting to see how they decide who isn't going to get a scholarship.

Wildhog

The ole piss game next season is going. to. be. epic.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

Well craaaaaap.  I'm still wondering about T. Wright.

Hopefully we'll get some good surprises come our way in the morning.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

felixfan

it's funny.  You look at ole miss commitments and very few are listed in Mississippi top 25 according to rivals.  As a matter of fact only 4.

Ironhawg

February 05, 2008, 10:39:57 pm #6 Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 10:43:19 pm by Ironhawg
Quote from: Hawgvillain on February 05, 2008, 10:29:05 pm
He's now listed as a soft verbal on Rivals.  Maybe Hooters convinced him to change at the last second to "stick it to us".

Of course, he's like Ole Miss's 43rd commitment so it will be interesting to see how they decide who isn't going to get a scholarship.

I know that a lot, if not most programs do the over-signing strategy, but it seems like one of these days Nutt is going to get burned by not having enough scholarships to go around.  If I was a kid who thought he was getting a scholarship to a school then was told there were not enough scholarships available and I would have to gray shirt, I would be extremely ticked off.  If it was my son who was treated like that I would be WAY past ticked off.

1longshot

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

invisiblehand

Quote from: bbrj on February 05, 2008, 10:37:18 pm
Re: Any truth to the Khiry Battle to Ole Miss reports?
« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:30:18 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ole piss game next season is going. to. be. epic.

I couldn't agree more.  It's the game i'm looking forward to the most

this game could get downright nasty.  i think that we  are usually pretty classy fans, but when ole miss comes to fayettenam next year, i don't expect quite the sportsmanship normally reserved for other teams.

want2be

F..k...N..t.....................He better like it while he can.......unethical won't last long.

Vandimar

damn. I was hoping there was a crappyboards dot com. I wanted to read the stupidity. DON'T TEASE ME!!
I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Hawgvillain on February 05, 2008, 10:29:05 pm

Ole Hooten shouldn't even being talking to recruits.  As of Sunday Battle seemed solid to us so if Nutt has made contact with him since that would be a violation.

hog_fan

Quote from: ATLpiggie on February 05, 2008, 11:38:14 pm
Ole Hooten shouldn't even being talking to recruits.  As of Sunday Battle seemed solid to us so if Nutt has made contact with him since that would be a violation.

you can call once during dead period

saywhat?

Quote from: Wildhog05 on February 05, 2008, 10:43:49 pm
Curtis isn't a db.

Apparently neither is Battle.  He said he's being recruited as a RB, although we all know where he'd most likely end up.

Wildhog

Quote from: saywhat? on February 06, 2008, 12:24:54 am
Apparently neither is Battle.  He said he's being recruited as a RB, although we all know where he'd most likely end up.

as a db...correct?
1909/1964/1965/1977

saywhat?

Quote from: Wildhog05 on February 06, 2008, 12:40:35 am
as a db...correct?

Safety or LB.  Yes, but has suppossedly been promised a shot at RB first.

jgphillips3

Quote from: saywhat? on February 06, 2008, 01:03:02 am
Safety or LB.  Yes, but has suppossedly been promised a shot at RB first.

He probably saw that there were at least five or six RB in this class as good or better and realized he wasn't going to play RB here.  At least the Ole Miss game is one that we won't have to worry how many d-backs we have available for.

nughaud

2/6/08 7:09 a.m.   NSD Update

Dacula (Ga.) safety Khiry Battle is struggling with a decision and did not sign this morning with Ole Miss nor Arkansas as initially planned. According to his coach, Kevin Maloof, Battle is torn between a coaching staff he committed to and the school he's committed to.