Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poll: Should BWA court be named for Nolan Richardson?

Started by BadHog, January 30, 2008, 12:27:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Bud Walton Arena court be named for Nolan Richardson?

Yes
918 (72.1%)
No
355 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1178

Voting closed: February 13, 2008, 12:27:15 pm

Throwback1

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on February 05, 2008, 01:26:02 pm
Yeah, it's hardly "revisionist history" when we were JUST able to ditch Nutt this year. I wish it was revisionist history. Nolan was fighting the good old boy network, and now it's been largely dissolved. Also, I don't agree with Nolan's Lawsuit either, he should have appealed. To think that there was absolutely not a racially discriminatory environment on the Hill at that time is naive. Insiders know the truth about that but they're wisely keeping their mouths shut. Also, to those who consider Nolan Richardson a "reverse racist" or some other nonsense, let me ask you one question. Where did your name come from? Is it your family name? Or is it your slave name? This may seem harsh, but when you think about it, the idea of reverse racism doesn't hold weight because of the historical lack of equality between the races in this country.
He did appeal, and LOST...again..got squat!
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: stchane on February 05, 2008, 01:42:41 pm
He did file an appeal.  The 8th Circuit court of appeals held for the University on all claims.  A friend of mine who worked on the case told that one of his associates was in the court room while Broyles was testifying.  He said that Broyles lied through his teeth, but there was no way to prove it. 

Elaborate on your question.  I'm a little slow

Yeah, I read that, he did file an appeal. I should have said "further appeal" or something. Also, I was just trying to make a point that I believe Hogchick made a lot better earlier in this post, that the idea of "reverse-racism" doesn't hold a lot of merit since there was never equality in the dynamic of the races, therefore there can't be a true "reverse" or mirror of the type of racism some whites displayed toward blacks in this country in the past. Anyway, I was typing too fast because I was angry. I'll try to make more sense next time.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: Throwback1 on February 05, 2008, 02:22:43 pm
He did appeal, and LOST...again..got squat!

ha, geez, okay, I mispoke about the appeal. I know the details of the appeal better now, I looked it up, thanks for the correction.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

stchane

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on February 05, 2008, 03:08:18 pm
Yeah, I read that, he did file an appeal. I should have said "further appeal" or something. Also, I was just trying to make a point that I believe Hogchick made a lot better earlier in this post, that the idea of "reverse-racism" doesn't hold a lot of merit since there was never equality in the dynamic of the races, therefore there can't be a true "reverse" or mirror of the type of racism some whites displayed toward blacks in this country in the past. Anyway, I was typing too fast because I was angry. I'll try to make more sense next time.

I think this is splitting hairs alittle bit.  What your saying is that its a matter of degree?  Reverse Racism does occur.  Is it exactly the same as "regular" racism?  No, of course not.  But both of them (I think) are equally destructive. 
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

BigHog396

Quote from: stchane on February 05, 2008, 06:05:42 pm
I think this is splitting hairs alittle bit.  What your saying is that its a matter of degree?  Reverse Racism does occur.  Is it exactly the same as "regular" racism?  No, of course not.  But both of them (I think) are equally destructive. 

Man, that's all I have been trying to get across in all of the debate as to why I don't think the court should be named after him.

stchane

Quote from: BigHog396 on February 05, 2008, 06:33:10 pm
Man, that's all I have been trying to get across in all of the debate as to why I don't think the court should be named after him.

Thats why I think the court should be named after him.  All the negativity from both camps is eliminated (in theory) because the two sides are brought together by the one thing that has always united them:  the big Hog in the middle of the floor.  In the end, that is the most important thing and what it is all about.  Look at the Hog on the floor, then at the four corners of the rafters.  Then call the Hogs.  WPS!
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

bbulhogfan

No the court should not be named after him. If everyone would remember correctly, we have been down for the past ten years because of what he did. Eventhough he did win us a national championship, he also ran our program into the ground.

hvsupastar

Well we have been the ncaa's 3 times in a row so its not like we are just in the ground...
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln