Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poll: Should BWA court be named for Nolan Richardson?

Started by BadHog, January 30, 2008, 12:27:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Bud Walton Arena court be named for Nolan Richardson?

Yes
918 (72.1%)
No
355 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1178

Voting closed: February 13, 2008, 12:27:15 pm

claycohog

Quote from: stchane on January 30, 2008, 05:17:55 pm
Seriously, I mean since we've been one of the top programs of this decade, who cares about the past right?  We've contended for so many national titles the last few years that we don't even need to honor those responsible for winning the first one do we? 

You've got John McDonnell Field and Frank Broyles field.  Both have a NC in common.  What the common denominator with BWA? 
If it takes a REAL national championship only 2 of the 3 qualify.

BigHog396

Quote from: stchane on January 30, 2008, 04:34:23 pm
Agreed fellas

I would be willing to bet that the same people who hated Stan Heath, and are turning on Pel, are the same ones that don't think that Nolan should have the court named after him.  Those of you who think that this lawsuit was frivolous don't know stuff from shinola. 

A frivolous lawsuit is dismissed by the trial court.  This case went to the 8th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals.  Don't believe me, look it up.

Richardon v. Sugg 448 F.3d 1046

It was also alot closer than anyone thinks.  If you don't think Nolan recruited from 1995-2002, consider what happened.  Jesse Pate and Sunday Adebayo (sp?) both got sanctioned by the NCAA wrongfully.  Sunday actually came back to school after that and played.  Jesse Pate was a player btw.  Lets see, also during this time were Pat Bradley, Kareem Reid, and Derek Hood.  I think we did pretty decent with those guys. 

When Nolan was fired, we had Andre Iguodala committed to come here.   He's averaging 20 PPG in the NBA this year, and was a standout at Arizona.  We also won the SECT for the 1st AND ONLY TIME in 2000.  Explain that detractors. 

I'm not gonna argue that Gomez, Satchel, Eddins, and that bunch were All-Americans.  As a matter of fact, I absolutely hated that group.  And guess what Stan Heath haters, those are the guys he inherited.  He started from scratch.  But thats another story. 

We all know that the PTB played favorites.  Are you gonna hold that against Nolan still?  Nolan was right people.  There is no possible way to explain getting rid of Stan Heath and retaining HDN in the same year after Heath took us to 2 consecutive NCAAT.  Am I glad SH is gone?  I think we're better off for it.  However, that should tell you how good of a coach Nolan was.  There wouldn't have been butts to put in the seats of BWA if it weren't for Nolan. 

He damn sure didn't get a raw deal, but he also did what he thought was right; and you people are holding that against him.  Just because the court ruled against doesn't mean that he wasn't (legally) justified in bringing it.  Would you want people holding it against you when all you did was what you thought was right?  He deserves to have his name on the court IN ADDITION to a statue. 

Wrong, wrong, and wrong again.  IF you knew anything, you would know that the suit was FILED in Federal Court, not with a trial court.  And IF you knew that, surely you would have to know that the appeal had to be filed with the 8th Circuit.  But, since you didn't, the rest of your post doesn't suprise me either.

As far as recruiting... let's see where we really stood.  If you can honestly tell me you believe Nolan recruited the caliber of players post-'96 that he got on campus pre-'96, I can simply tell you you know absolutely nothing about the game of basketball.  No one has ever said he didn't recruit after '95.. the '96 class was the deepest class he had ever put together.  It was after the NCAA crap that he quit the game.

Everyone knows the big names pre-'96... Mayberry, Day, Miller, Williamson, Thurman, Beck, McDaniel, Stewart, Dillard, etc, etc, etc.  After '96... who were the big names?  Hood, Reid, Johnson, and that was about it.  As much as I loved watching Bradley drain threes, he would barely have seen the court on any of Nolan's early teams.  It's funny that you mentioned Reid, Hood, and Iguodala... becuase those are 3 of the only 4 decent basketball players that Nolan actally had here or on their way here after '96.

Let's be realistic... there was only 1 player Nolan brought in after '96 that would have seen significant playing time on the '94 team, and that was Joe Johnson.  That says it all, 1 player that could have been in the Top 8 or 9 players on that '94 team.  I SIX years, he was only able to get ONE player of the caliber of the core of the '94 team.  If that doesn't stand out to you as a complete lack of recruiting, or at the minimum a complete lack of recruiting success, you really don't get it.

go hogues

Quote from: Sivad on January 30, 2008, 04:55:57 pm
A statue of Nolan out front, great idea.

Put a solar panel on it to power up recordings on a loop of his most remembered rants:

(a) The "redneck turds and a**holes" speech.
(b) The "pay me my money and I'm gone" speech.
(c) The "I won't be a "token" Asst. AD like the others" speech.
(d) The "It ain't my job to graduate players" speech.
(e) The "you'll need tanks to guard Bud Walton Arena if I'm fired" speech.
(f) The "slave ship" speech.
(g) The "it's harder on me than everyone else in basketball" speech.
(h) The "build a statue of me" speech.
(i) The "you don't look like me, you don't talk like me" speech.
Had to laugh at that one. +1
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hogchick26

Quote from: Throwback1 on January 30, 2008, 05:05:27 pm
Actually, yes it does...as far as you still wanting to believe it so you can hold on to your personal agenda, explain to me how the highest paid state employee in the history of the state of Arkansas is the victim of discrimination, and then, if you have time left over, tell me how I can go find a job where i"m the highest paid ever..I bad want to be discriminated against.
Actually, no it doesn't. So, you know for an absolute fact that Nolan did not EXPERIENCE in any way, shape, or form, any discrimination during his tenure at Arkansas? I can answer that for you; NO, you don't. But, please, continue to pretend to. You keep saying that FB made him the highest paid state employee and for that simple reason, there is no way he could have been discriminated against? It doesn't matter how much your salary is, you can still experience discrimination, either it be racial, gender, and/or sexual. You don't make sense. At all. But, you keep on truckin'.
It's a new day in Razorback Nation! Go Hogs!

hawgfandude

Quote from: hogchick26 on January 30, 2008, 04:10:51 pm
That's a great idea! If the UofA is not too greedy, they could even on one particular night, donate all concessions to a Cancer Foundation, or St. Jude's.

But of course, we know that indeed they are.

go hogues

Quote from: parrishw on January 30, 2008, 05:21:00 pm
A few weeks ago I said that Nolan had gotten the committment from Bud Walton and I was told I was wrong.
In an article today Nolan was quoted as having told the story he told to me a few years ago.
He an JFB and Bud Walton were sitting down together over a meal and Nolan ask Bud for $1 Million for the new facility. Bud responded by asking Nolan what was needed to finish the place. Frank made the statement that it would take $30 Million. Bud said, to Nolan, I will give you $15 million now and let me know when you need more.
Ever since then JFB has claimed all the credit for obtaining Bud Walton's contribution.

That has always been just one more aspect of JFB's legacy that has bothered me.

How many other times did other people actually start the ball rolling and JFB came in to claim partial or all the credit.

The hell with naming the court after him.  Build the guy a statue.

Nolan Richardson changed the college game forever with an innovative full court trapping defensive style that has been copied by Pitino, Billy Donovan and many others. And vilified by as many more.

I remember listening to Billy Packer over his TV microphone when Duke came down the floor on their first offensive possession of the 1994 championship game and Corey Beck met their guard at half court,
'He's handcheckin,  He's handcheckin."
Billy was yelling at the Refs to call Beck for a foul because he, and the rest of the college basketball 'establishment' did not like the fact that Nolan's boys were playing the Duke boys the same way they played every other opponent that year. Up close and personal. Billy had been critical of Nolan and the Hogs at every opportunity before the game.

Billy Packer was obviously trying his best to influence the officials to call the game more closely so it would favor the anointed boys in blue from Duke.

But even with that help from good old Billy Packer the Hogs prevailed and won that game and college basketballs 'establishment' responded by making rule changes to try and slow down the Nolan Richardson defensive style.

He is a legend and he was and he still is a true Razorback, and, in my opinion, one of the only two U of A coaches to actually win a National Championship.

He and John McDonnell

Come on back Nolan and welcome home.

Go Hogs

Tipped your karma in the positive side. +1
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hogchick26

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 30, 2008, 05:34:02 pm
Wrong, wrong, and wrong again.  IF you knew anything, you would know that the suit was FILED in Federal Court, not with a trial court.  And IF you knew that, surely you would have to know that the appeal had to be filed with the 8th Circuit.  But, since you didn't, the rest of your post doesn't suprise me either.

As far as recruiting... let's see where we really stood.  If you can honestly tell me you believe Nolan recruited the caliber of players post-'96 that he got on campus pre-'96, I can simply tell you you know absolutely nothing about the game of basketball.  No one has ever said he didn't recruit after '95.. the '96 class was the deepest class he had ever put together.  It was after the NCAA crap that he quit the game.

Everyone knows the big names pre-'96... Mayberry, Day, Miller, Williamson, Thurman, Beck, McDaniel, Stewart, Dillard, etc, etc, etc.  After '96... who were the big names?  Hood, Reid, Johnson, and that was about it.  As much as I loved watching Bradley drain threes, he would barely have seen the court on any of Nolan's early teams.  It's funny that you mentioned Reid, Hood, and Iguodala... becuase those are 3 of the only 4 decent basketball players that Nolan actally had here or on their way here after '96.

Let's be realistic... there was only 1 player Nolan brought in after '96 that would have seen significant playing time on the '94 team, and that was Joe Johnson.  That says it all, 1 player that could have been in the Top 8 or 9 players on that '94 team.  I SIX years, he was only able to get ONE player of the caliber of the core of the '94 team.  If that doesn't stand out to you as a complete lack of recruiting, or at the minimum a complete lack of recruiting success, you really don't get it.
Did you read the first paragraph of the post you responded to? I don't think you did. Try again, and read s-l-o-w-l-y. He stated the same thing you tried to call him out on.

stchane

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 30, 2008, 05:34:02 pm

If you knew anything, you would know that a case filed in Federal court goes 1st to a Federal District court, which is the same thing as a trial court....jack@ss. 

Did we get the caliber of players post-96 as pre-96?  Obviously not.  I still think had Kareem Reid been eligible in 95 that we woulda beaten UCLA.  Think about this though:  how many players on the '94 team made it in the NBA?  Thats what I thought...just one.  So what?  We weren't the same after '96.  We also weren't 12-18 either. 

You guys seem to think that we suddenly had it bad after '96.  I watched 5 feckin years of sh!tty basketball under Stan Heath after Nolan was fired.  SH was slowly progressing when he got fired.  I would have killed to watch the kind of basketball we were playing from '96-2000 compared with 2001-2005.  All of a sudden we can be picky when talking about Nolan?  If its not a NC, then feckem right?  What kind of expectations are those anyway? 

Nobody wins a championship EVERY year.  The most you can expect reasonably is to compete for a championship every year.  I don't know if he gave up, but I think its undisputed that he didn't work as hard.  But there is one thing that you cannot take away from the guy, and that is the '94 ring.  Its also the most important thing.  Honoring that and him is beyond deserved.   
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

BigHog396

Quote from: hogchick26 on January 30, 2008, 05:45:29 pm
Did you read the first paragraph of the post you responded to? I don't think you did. Try again, and read s-l-o-w-l-y. He stated the same thing you tried to call him out on.
No he didn't.  Maybe you should take a 3rd grade reading comprehension class, then you could understand that the two of us are taking two completely separate sides of the debate.

BigHog396

Quote from: stchane on January 30, 2008, 05:48:32 pm
If you knew anything, you would know that a case filed in Federal court goes 1st to a Federal District court, which is the same thing as a trial court....jack@ss. 
Sorry, but I don't consider a Federal District court to be a "trial court".  Maybe I am the only one, and maybe I am wrong, I was just pointing out that it was filed in Federal Court... not some little local court which is what you made it sound like to me when you said it would have been dismissed by the trial court had it been deemed frivilous.

Throwback1

Quote from: hogchick26 on January 30, 2008, 05:41:11 pm
Actually, no it doesn't. So, you know for an absolute fact that Nolan did not EXPERIENCE in any way, shape, or form, any discrimination during his tenure at Arkansas? I can answer that for you; NO, you don't. But, please, continue to pretend to. You keep saying that FB made him the highest paid state employee and for that simple reason, there is no way he could have been discriminated against? It doesn't matter how much your salary is, you can still experience discrimination, either it be racial, gender, and/or sexual. You don't make sense. At all. But, you keep on truckin'.
Possibly the silliest, most inane, nonsensical post I've ever read.  Well done.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

stchane

January 30, 2008, 06:25:33 pm #111 Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 06:27:31 pm by stchane
Quote from: BigHog396 on January 30, 2008, 06:14:39 pm
Sorry, but I don't consider a Federal District court to be a "trial court".  Maybe I am the only one, and maybe I am wrong, I was just pointing out that it was filed in Federal Court... not some little local court which is what you made it sound like to me when you said it would have been dismissed by the trial court had it been deemed frivilous.

It would be dismissed by both if it was frivolous.  And guess what, the Federal District Court for the Western District of Arkansas ain't that spectacular (its in Hot Springs and looks about like every other court house you'll ever see).  Its just a jurisdiction, plain and simple, as any is any other jurisdiction.  A Federal District Court & a state trial court serve the same function:  hear and decide cases. 

The difference between the two is the controlling law.  There are several other smaller differences but the function is the same, just in a different jurisdiction. 

If a plaintiff is deemed to have brought a frivolous Title VII claim, then they can be forced to pay the opposing parties attorneys fees, which I hope costs the University alotta money.  Since the case was appealed, it necessarily follows that it wasn't frivolous because it wasn't thrown out of court. 

Just because they didn't rule in favor of Nolan doesn't mean that it was frivolous.  Frivolous cases don't make it into court.  Filing a claim and taking it to court is an exercise of democracy, an exercise of one's own rights.  Thats all Nolan did.  He thought it was right, others disagreed.  If you wanna call it revisionist history, so be it.  But from the last years events, you've got to wonder:  was Nolan right? 
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

Throwback1

YOu are right..it wasn't frivilous.  It was simply found to be "without merit"...ok...next silly point?
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

Hog1952

Poor Nolan 1st black SEC head coach ever hired and paid millions to
coach a game.

stchane

Quote from: Throwback1 on January 30, 2008, 06:27:52 pm
YOu are right..it wasn't frivilous.  It was simply found to be "without merit"...ok...next silly point?

If it didn't have merit, it also wouldn't have made it to trial...

Sorry, next dumb@ss who thinks this case was frivolous, or "without merit."

Throwback1

Hogs-n-Roses

Make statue's out front of he and Eddie. Bring Nolan in and watch hims emotions crumble. Name the court after his daughter or the "angel's court" or something like that. Good grief this is a no brainer. He got screwed by Frank and everyone knows it. There was and is always going to be a double standard in the Nam. Till we face it and get proactive nothing's going to change.

ThisLittlePiggie

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on January 30, 2008, 02:48:25 pm

If Nolan were white most all of his detractors wouldn't be detractors. 

I would. And Eddie Sutton shouldn't have anything at the U of A named for his sorry ass either. One was a racist that never shut his darned mouth and the other a drug induced sot who would have crawled to Kentucky. Two peas in a pod that burned EVERY bridge with the UofA.

Tferm24

Man deserves to have the team named after him! Nolan BACKS

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Throwback1 on January 30, 2008, 04:16:55 pm
Emotions have taken over all these Nolan threads.  Nolan was not discriminated against, and the courts have so ruled, therefore he was wrong to file the lawsuit.  That isssue is closed.  As far as reconciling and naming the court after Nolan, I got no problem with that, and that decision isn't mine to make, above my pay grade.  I don't hate Nolan, and was always a huge supporter until he blew up and dared to be paid so he could leave, leaving the administration no choice at that point.  But if Nolan is willing to put aside the bitterness and get rid of that chip on his shoulder and come back into the fold, personally, I'd love to see it.  What has pushed me over the edge on this topic is this crappola about Nolan being right and using other more recent issues in some attempt to justify that statement.  That is simply wrong, and intellectually fraudulent.  He sued for discrimination at a time when he was the highest paid state employee in the history of this state, and he was the highest paid state employee in this history of this state because FB said he should be, period.  He sued, he lost, he appealed, he lost, he was wrong, not right, no matter how some try to spin it today.

Bingo, my friend. You have to answer for your actions. Nolan's actions were child-like, particularly given that he had been the head basketball coach at U of A for 17 yrs. How many times can you say, "pay me my money and you can have my job." and avoid being fired? Nolan knew where it was leading...unless he thought that because he was black that he was sort of untouchable. Guess again, Nolan. No court named after Nolan.

It won't happen because too many big money donors would stop donating. Some of you are going to have to face facts and take the emotion out of it: you don't name anything after a controversial person. It causes too many problems. The court will never be named after Nolan.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

BigHog is right...not many here who were in the thick of the Nolan saga in the late '90's. That single issue is what got me posting on Pigpen back around '97 or '98. I was calling for Nolan's head then. He had stopped coaching by '98-'99 season and had said he was "selecting" instead of "recruiting". What kind of BS is that? Did Rupp say that too in his day? What about Coach K? What about John Wooden?

Nolan got cocky and lazy and paid for it. Frank him and the horse he rode in on. I hope they never honor Nolan.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

kimjongsqUeAl

The court should be named in honor of Coach Nolan Richardson
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Masshog

January 30, 2008, 08:04:39 pm #123 Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 08:10:08 pm by Masshog
I voted yes and yes.  I remember how disgusted I was with Nolan and his comments and behavior the last couple of years and I certainly didn't like the lawsuit.  I was absolutely ready for him to be gone.  I also remember how badly he was treated by many of you his first couple of years here....  even while he was dealing with his daughters death.  But most of all I remember the great basketball.  I don't think I have ever enjoyed sports as much as I did during that magical run.  Bottom line, it appears to me as if Nolan has put much of the bad behind him (he chooses to live here), maybe some of you should also.  I could live with a statue, but I think that something should be done for both the team and the man. 
My feets hurt.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Masshog on January 30, 2008, 08:04:39 pm
I voted yes and yes.  I remember how disgusted I was with Nolan and his comments and behavior the last couple of years and I certainly didn't like the lawsuit.  I was absolutely ready for him to be gone.  I also remember how badly he was treated by many of you his first couple of years here....  even while he was dealing with his daughters death.  But most of all I remember the great basketball.  I don't think I have ever enjoyed sports as much as I did during that magical run.  Bottom line, it appears to me as if Nolan has put much of the bad behind him (he chooses to live here), maybe some of you should also.  I could live with a statue, but I think that something should be done for both the team and the man. 
No one here treated Nolan badly during his first couple of years. They didn't treat him one way or the other...I was just out of college in '84 and could not have cared less what was going on with the basketball coach transition at that time. I'm almost 46 and one of the older posters here. Thus, 99% of the posters here probably were barely alive in '85-'86. You moron.

Throwback1

I'm 54,and I remember every single bit of it from jumpstreet to the end...there are a lot of kids posting out of ignorance around here today.

Masshog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 30, 2008, 08:28:58 pm
No one here treated Nolan badly during his first couple of years. They didn't treat him one way or the other...I was just out of college in '84 and could not have cared less what was going on with the basketball coach transition at that time. I'm almost 46 and one of the older posters here. Thus, 99% of the posters here probably were barely alive in '85-'86. You moron.
For someone who is almost 46 you have the maturity level of a five year old.  What the hell is your deal jackass? 
My feets hurt.

hogchick26

Quote from: Throwback1 on January 30, 2008, 06:20:01 pm
Possibly the silliest, most inane, nonsensical post I've ever read.  Well done.
I guess logic is a bit over your head. You stay classy!

Throwback1

beachhawg

I am one of those that believe you dont name the court after someone who is still around.  It should always be a posthumous honor.  Unless, some coach wins like 10 straight National Championships or actually buys the rights to the naming.

hoginvolcountry

Why in God's name would you applaud a man who filed a lawsuit against the University and did everything he could to embaras the U and the whole state?

It's like I tell my employees, the best two weeks of your career here should be the best.  That's what you'll be remembered by!

jvanhorn

Eddie Sutton and Ken Hatfield both made the same mistake.  They got crosswise with Broyles.  The only difference is that Sutton let his frustration get the better of him with his "crawl to Kentucky" statement--which Ithink he has regretted and apoligized for many times.  Hatfield probably felt the same way.  He was just not of the temperment to say anything about crawling to "Clemson" but, as I remember, he was out of here like a shot.

They both made positive contributions to the University of Arkansas--and got the shaft for their troubles.

reddogjcss

No; Coachs and Players come and go but Bud walton Arena & the Razorbacks are here to stay.

ThisLittlePiggie

Quote from: ScottFaldon on January 30, 2008, 05:44:26 pm
Again, the fact the UA constantly pushes the "22 Straight" DVD and honors the 1964 football team at every other football game while completely ignoring the 1994 basketball team, should be a crime.

Where's the basketball team's DVD? How many halftime ceremonies honoring the 25 Little Pigs or the 64 football team have to happen before the 94 basketball team is honored with one? Do we have to wait until Williamson, Thurman and the rest are in their 60s?

It took something like 40 years for the DVD/Video of 22 Straight to become available to fans. I purchased it I believe during the 2004 season. The 25 Little Pigs waited for 50 years, the 64 National Champs 40 years. The 94 basketball team can wait their turn...accordingly. And Nolan Richardson should NOT be part of the ceremony. EVER. As his best efforts were in trying to embarrass the university. And he did a hell of a job of it.

Throwback1

Quote from: jvanhorn on January 30, 2008, 09:15:35 pm
Eddie Sutton and Ken Hatfield both made the same mistake.  They got crosswise with Broyles.  The only difference is that Sutton let his frustration get the better of him with his "crawl to Kentucky" statement--which Ithink he has regretted and apoligized for many times.  Hatfield probably felt the same way.  He was just not of the temperment to say anything about crawling to "Clemson" but, as I remember, he was out of here like a shot.

They both made positive contributions to the University of Arkansas--and got the shaft for their troubles.
WIth one tiiny exception...Sutton and Hatfield didn't quit coaching and recruiting 5 years before they left, and I also don't recall them daring the University to pay 'em so they could leave.

ThisLittlePiggie

Quote from: Throwback1 on January 30, 2008, 09:53:28 pm
WIth one tiiny exception...Sutton and Hatfield didn't quit coaching and recruiting 5 years before they left, and I also don't recall them daring the University to pay 'em so they could leave.

No, Hatfield only quit recruiting two years before he accepted the Clemson job...sight unseen over the telephone. We had NO junior/senior football players with which to enter SEC.

Throwback1

Hoggish1

Only national championship for the Hogs?  Back to back final 4's?  No question about it.  Thank God it's not Frank's or John's call!

big papa

greasy_corner

stchane

Quote from: ThisLittlePiggie on January 30, 2008, 09:31:41 pm
It took something like 40 years for the DVD/Video of 22 Straight to become available to fans. I purchased it I believe during the 2004 season. The 25 Little Pigs waited for 50 years, the 64 National Champs 40 years. The 94 basketball team can wait their turn...accordingly. And Nolan Richardson should NOT be part of the ceremony. EVER. As his best efforts were in trying to embarrass the university. And he did a hell of a job of it.

Nice argument.  We have 2 national titles in the two major college sports.  We've honored the first that we won recently, and we should wait another 30 years before we honor the second? 

THE GUY BROUGHT US A NATIONAL TITLE PEOPLE.  Let it go.  That snake John White is gone thankfully.  No more Broyles' meddling.  No more playing favorites.  This is what we all wanted right?  So why do we hold it against Nolan for feeling the EXACT SAME WAY, and doing something about it when it wasn't popular. 

Pot meet Kettle

the donger

HELL NO! Why would you name the court for someone who bashed the fans, the city of Fayetteville, had a awful graduation rate, and sued the University?
This makes me want to puke.

Throwback1

jforte

Quote from: BadHog on January 30, 2008, 12:27:15 pm
Jim Harris of ArkansasSports360.com says the UA and Nolan should reconcile and that Nolan and the 94 team should be honored and the Bud Walton court named in Richardson's honor. What do you think?

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_article.asp?aID=102693.94060.114813

I for sure think that Nolan and the 94 team should be honored with high esteem, a statue of Nolan in front of BWA or banners or something but, some sort of momento for everyone to see and honor for  forever recognition...

but Bud Walton paid for the arena and it should definetly remain...BUD WALTON ARENA...thanks

Throwback1

they are talking about the court,not the arena,....anyway, after reading all these posts today I've changed my mind....why don't we just change the name of the college to The University of Nolan?..maybe that will satisfy all the huggers?

donstoy

NO WAY IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throwback1

Wish I worked for somebody like Nolan did that made me the highest paid state employee in the history of the state.....that would be tough.

ThisLittlePiggie

Quote from: Jack The BN on January 30, 2008, 10:27:29 pm
I think that if I had worked for JFB I'd want to breathe FIRE after enough time. A jerk boss has a way of driveing a person to temporary insanity. I worked for some old guy who did that to me once. If we're going forget about the bad things that Frank did, remember only the good things, and name the field after him, It's only fair to do the same thing for Nolan.

List all the bad things Broyles did. While doing so remember that Broyles performed NO AD personnel duties during the last 10 years. He wasn't allowed to. John White served as AD since Danny Ford was fired. OK...go to it.