Started by DEWURM, January 25, 2008, 10:17:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansas Hoop Hogs VS Tennessee Lady Vols

Arkansas by 10 or less
Arkansas by 10 or more
Tenn. by 10 or less
Tenn. by 10 or more

DEWURM

The lack of want to our team has been showing made me think about this.I think the lady guards would kill our guys and I also think Candice Parker would get a double double!!!!!

Rooka

Sorry if this offends any women out there but this thread is just about as dumb as the NFL vs College Team Thread. No way they would beat the Hogs BBall team.

spit

Quote from: Death by Hog on January 25, 2008, 10:23:36 pm
Sorry if this offends any women out there but this thread is just about as dumb as the NFL vs College Team Thread. No way they would beat the Hogs BBall team.
agreed

DEWURM

I would like to be as sure as you are Death but I have watched both teams play and I don't think our guys care as much those girls do. The guys should blow them out of the gym but App. State ????? Just sayin....

Hoggy1

Quote from: DEWURM on January 25, 2008, 10:33:22 pm
I would like to be as sure as you are Death but I have watched both teams play and I don't think our guys care as much those girls do. The guys should blow them out of the gym but App. State ????? Just sayin....

This is funny, I'm actually watching The Longest Yard, I got a laugh when Adam Sandler said, "early in the season you should play a team like Div II App. State" :puke:
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

spit

in this guys on girls contest you got here who are you sayin is blowin who where. pun intend.

jschulte

Are you serious?  This is not even a question.  High school players can beat girls in college, and a solid guys basketball team can beat a WNBA team.  The pace is way too slow in womens ball.  The bigs wouldn't stand a chance either.  The only advantage is they can shoot (girls that is).  They would have a hard time getting the ball across the half court.

Hogtropolis™

I too am sorry if I offend any girls out there, but there is no way Tenn women could hang with the Ark Mens team.

Face it, men overall are just more athletic than women.

bsking

girls cannot compare to guys.  HONESTLY we could beat the wnba all star team garunteed.  Not being sexist, its just a fact.

cthog99

the worse team in d-III men could beat tennessee woman. and tennessee isn't even the best woman's team in the nation

Beaverfever

I misread the question...I voted for the vols but this is a retarded thread.  There are many high school mens teams that would be the lady vols.

DEWURM

I should have known better than to ask this question. I now realize that because most of the people on here have never watched a Tenn. womens ball game before and they think G. Ervin is Meadowlark Lemon or something! In 25 years of following the Hogs I never gave up on one of our teams and I won't start now...BUT THEY REALLY SUCK!!!!!!!  IMO

CurlyTail

January 26, 2008, 08:41:54 pm #12 Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 08:44:25 pm by CurlyTail
I would like to see this, for no other reason other than to watch Steven Hill get pushed around on the block by a bunch of girls.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Sorry to bring this thread back to the front page, but............

This is maybe the most unintentionally funny thread I've ever read.

Look folks, the year I was a 9th grader, starting on my Junior High team, we played the Senior girls team a week before the season began.

They won state in their classification that year.  They obviously were good.

We won conference and lost in the finals at district.  We were good, but nowhere as good as the girls were in comparison.

Needless to say, the girls coach called the scrimage off at half time as we were doing basically anything we wanted to them.  I think the score was something like 48 to 17.

It's not sexist.  It's fact.  By the time a male is about 14 or so, the gap in maturity quickly starts closing. 

Any men's college team could beat the best women's college team.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hawgwild1087

our bigs are 6-8 to 6-10
theirs...like 6-4
plus womens basketball is like mens in slow mo.

Hogginitall

April 25, 2008, 12:06:33 pm #15 Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:11:27 pm by Hogginitall
Absolutely hilarious.  I'm glad I was gone somewhere when this thread started....

Arkansas Men  172
Tennessee Women  21

And I'm being serious.  I'm not being funny.

HogwildinMonroe

The ULM Warhawks who stunk it up royally this year would beat the Lady
Vols by 30.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 25, 2008, 12:06:33 pm
Absolutely hilarious.  I'm glad I was gone somewhere when this thread started....

Arkansas Men  172
Tennessee Women  21

And I'm being serious.  I'm not being funny.
That sounds like the Lady Vols versus Lady Backs score to me.  Why are we even discussing our men's program to a bunch of girls.  Have we sunk that far.  Evidently some think so even consider this type of comparison.

neahog

Quote from: DEWURM on January 26, 2008, 08:32:14 pm
I should have known better than to ask this question. I now realize that because most of the people on here have never watched a Tenn. womens ball game before and they think G. Ervin is Meadowlark Lemon or something! In 25 years of following the Hogs I never gave up on one of our teams and I won't start now...BUT THEY REALLY SUCK!!!!!!!  IMO
A lot of us have seen Tennessee's women, but if a men's team dumps it in to the bigs down low, the women wouldn't have an answer. C. Parker guarding D. Townes or Hill or Washington down low. The men's guards are as tall as the women's bigs. Plus, the athleticism is so very different, the men are MUCH bigger, stronger, and faster. That said, Tennessee's women would kill Arkansas' men in a game of H-O-R-S-E. :)
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

Hogginitall

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on April 25, 2008, 01:15:10 pm
That sounds like the Lady Vols versus Lady Backs score to me.  Why are we even discussing our men's program to a bunch of girls.  Have we sunk that far.  Evidently some think so even consider this type of comparison.

Yes, we have sunk that far. ???

There is one guy who is actually considering this as a possibility, and he has to be insane.  He has been made fun of for even posing the question and he won a Coopy Award as a first time (more to come in the near future, I'm sure) nominee.

cobra kai

Wow, I missed this thread the first time.

I could go get a group of guys together today and beat the lady Vols.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: cobra kai on April 25, 2008, 02:16:10 pm
Wow, I missed this thread the first time.

I could go get a group of guys together today and beat the lady Vols.
Sure the Boar Hogs will would cream the Lady Vols.  No pun intended.  But Pat Summit is a true believer in her teams playing against hand select Tennessee male students.  This has been at the center of debate for a few years.  It was all over ESPN about a year or so ago.  Summit believes this is why here teams play physical and at a pace faster than most other women's teams.  I am sure there are no 6'-9" players on the floor when they scrimmage.

Pioneer Fan

I think the Arkansas boys high school basketball champion from class AAA and up would beat Tennessee..............badly.
I have an inferiority complex, but not a good one.

farmhawg

You have no idea what you are talking about.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

mclyte

DEWURM,

Be easy on the crack my friend...

The Hog

Quote from: Pioneer Fan on April 25, 2008, 03:57:35 pm
I think the Arkansas boys high school basketball champion from class AAA and up would beat Tennessee..............badly.
If they cannot I would not want to be on that team.
Automatic RUN!

Beaverfever

April 25, 2008, 05:59:12 pm #26 Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 06:02:18 pm by Beaverfever
I think a good high school team from LR or the likes could probably beat any wnba team easily. 

roundball

This is the dumbest thread of all time! I can't believe this would even enter the mind of someone who follows sports.

How stupid!! Arkansas men would beat them easily by more then a 100 points if they wanted too.....stupid!!!

roundball

You're an idiot!!

Hoggy1

Quote from: roundball on April 25, 2008, 07:51:26 pm
This is the dumbest thread of all time! I can't believe this would even enter the mind of someone who follows sports.

How stupid!! Arkansas men would beat them easily by more then a 100 points if they wanted too.....stupid!!!

well you have back-2-back posts on the dumbest thread ever...that nobody has responded to in 3 months, how do you feel? special?
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

roundball

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on April 26, 2008, 11:46:17 am
well you have back-2-back posts on the dumbest thread ever...that nobody has responded to in 3 months, how do you feel? special?

People were responding to this post an hour before I did..you're as much of an idiot for bringing it back up!!

Baconator

Who the frank voted Lady Vols to win?

FaytownHog

what size ball would they use? the regular college men's or the slighty smaller girls? pretty sure it wouldn't matter in the end result, maybe worth a few points. we still would win by 400. steven hill would have 350 pts, and 200 rebounds. lol

FaytownHog

one of the funniest quotes i heard about women's basketball was from collin cowherd this year before the tourniment. he was asking his producers how many teams the women got in their tournament and he said "the same as the men?, WOW, that is ALOT of missed lay ups!" lol.

Baconator

I wouldn't be surprised if Arkansas men's took the game lightly, played down to their level of competition, and won by only 5.

FaytownHog

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

FaytownHog

thank you, it's crappy editing, but i knew it wasn't going on the front of a magazine or anything. glad someone found humor in it.
Quote from: Wildhog05 on April 28, 2008, 09:23:17 pm
That is freaking hilarious.

mbgrulz

Candice Parker won the dunk contest by doing the most basic boring dunk possible, while the men were doing some impressive, creative dunks and got shafted due to the freak show.

CP is the best athlete in women's sports, yet she was a novelty when put up against the men.

The women's game is played so far below the backboard (not to mention the rim) it wouldn't even be funny if they played a high major D1 team.