Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Justin Smith decommits from Arkansas and commits to Ole Miss

Started by FBPLAYER65, January 20, 2008, 01:38:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

JShipCPA

The Coletrain

And Enrique Davis (5* RB who just decommited from Auburn) rated his weekend visit with Ole Miss a perfect 10 according to Rivals.  HDN's pursuit of current Razorback commits is absolutely classless, but he's going to wind up with a better class at Ole Miss than he ever had at Arkansas.  The irony is truly unbelievable . . .  >:(
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Purple Tiger

If Nutt locks up Mississippi talent he will compete for SEC title every year.

tendu

The Realist

"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

tendu

http://louisville.scout.com/a.z?s=17&p=2&c=720016&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2flouisville.scout.com%2f2%2f720016.html

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=3196716

dougieritch

cosmodrum

I thought I could get over my disdain for Hootie when he left.

I was very wrong.
Go away, batin'

dougieritch

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 20, 2008, 01:59:10 pm
I thought I could get over my disdain for Hootie when he left.

I was very wrong.

It's alright, we'll see next year who's recruiting class is better...what everyone must remember Hootie left us with little depth on defense and Petrino has only had a month to make up ground.  Next year will be big.

Albert Swinestein

Ole Miss may be on the verge on a very good recruiting year.  What I don't get is that there are a couple of WRs that are now adding Ole Miss to their lists since Nutt took over...and they are choosing Ole Miss over schools like Florida.  What is up with that?  I just don't get it.

Tommy2Hog

If Petrino has not contacted him then he must have a better commit in mind.

Gonzo

Quote from: The Coletrain on January 20, 2008, 01:44:22 pm
And Enrique Davis (5* RB who just decommited from Auburn) rated his weekend visit with Ole Miss a perfect 10 according to Rivals.  HDN's pursuit of current Razorback commits is absolutely classless, but he's going to wind up with a better class at Ole Miss than he ever had at Arkansas.  The irony is truly unbelievable . . .  >:(

Let me know when NumbNutt actually accomplishes something. Take a look at Ole Piss' class and I think you should see it isn't anything for the rest of the SEC to get too worked up about. On Rivals, by average star rating of recruits, Ole Piss' class is 60th.....yawn. Yeah, he may pick a kid here or there which helps it some, maybe even the kid from Auburn. Overall, it's still going to be a pretty average class, probably 26th-29th at the very highest (sound familiar?), probably lower than that. As for getting Davis, hhmm, let's see, he had DMac and Felix the last three years, and I wasn't too impressed what he got done with them. Sure a RB is going to be intrigued by NumbNutt's Woody Hayes offense, doesn't mean his team will do squat though. Mark my words, he had more talent a few of the last several years at Arkansas than he will ever have at Ole Piss. NumbNutt is going to be exposed bigtime over the next few years. Very average coach at a very average program in the very best conference doesn't bode well for his legacy. He had a much better chance at the UA to do something big and failed miserably. Gonna be worse at Ole Piss.

Go Hogs! Beat LSU!

razorbackinblood

Nutt didnt lock down AR so why is everyone worried he will lock down Mississippi.  And anyone he does get will probably be used in a position not really suited for him anyway.  Im not a Nutt hater but come on he isnt going to make Ole Piss into the powerhouse he thinks he will. :razorback:

Gonzo

Quote from: razorbackinblood on January 20, 2008, 02:14:53 pm
Nutt didnt lock down AR so why is everyone worried he will lock down Mississippi.  And anyone he does get will probably be used in a position not really suited for him anyway.  Im not a Nutt hater but come on he isnt going to make Ole Piss into the powerhouse he thinks he will. :razorback:

Excellent point, one I meant to address. Why in the hell is anyone thinking he can corner the market in a state where he has to fight two other big instate schools plus the intruders who've been there for years when he couldn't/wouldn't do it here where he was the only game in town?

Go Hogs! Beat LSU!

want2be

Who are some other DT that we would go after ??

This appears to be a big loss at this stage in the game??

Albert Swinestein

I don't see where he is cornering the state of Mississippi.  It is his apparent renewed interest in recruiting and his ability to get interest from players that I don't think he was getting interest from while at Arkansas that I think is being questioned.  I wish I perceived that he had the same eagerness to recruit hard while he was here.
Quote from: Gonzo on January 20, 2008, 02:18:15 pm
Excellent point, one I meant to address. Why in the hell is anyone thinking he can corner the market in a state where he has to fight two other big instate schools plus the intruders who've been there for years when he couldn't/wouldn't do it here where he was the only game in town?

Go Hogs! Beat LSU!

Razorvet

I have to wonder if everthing is on the level at Ole Miss this season. There is no way an informed recruit would make a decision to join his offense when they have any other choices. I still cant believe White put us in this position. He had to know how much it would hurt us this season. I have never seen Nutt pick up a recruit that was being recruited by another BCS school. Unless you count Ole Miss.

Albert Swinestein

Marcel Dareus would be nice.
Quote from: want2be on January 20, 2008, 02:20:14 pm

Who are some other DT that we would go after ??

This appears to be a big loss at this stage in the game??

Razorvet

I followed the link and didnt see where he commited to Ole Miss. Where do you get your info FB player?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Tommy2Hog on January 20, 2008, 02:11:20 pm
If Petrino has not contacted him then he must have a better commit in mind.

Anyone have any idea why BP didn't contact him?  The kid appears to be a desired get in an area where we need lots of help.  Hate to lose him.

Razorvet

I see on Rivals he is visiting and considering Louisville.

jackflash

This will only be a big loss if we can't replace him. Remember Nutt and Rocker have worked on him for sometime. I give Rocker the credit on this one. Why he has been contacted in a month. Would like to know the answer myself. But BP has the right to make these decision.

FBPLAYER65

Good thing Rocker can't develop DL talent to save his life.

Albert Swinestein

Does this link work for you?  Scroll down the list and you will see that he committed to them today.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=749&yr=2008

Quote from: Razorvet on January 20, 2008, 02:27:30 pm
I followed the link and didnt see where he commited to Ole Miss. Where do you get your info FB player?

The Realist

"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

want2be

Quote from: Albert Swinestein on January 20, 2008, 02:22:00 pm
Marcel Dareus would be nice.

We would have to take he and his brother who is a DE. When is he coming to visit ??

The Realist

Quote from: want2be on January 20, 2008, 02:33:30 pm

We would have to take he and his brother who is a DE. When is he coming to visit ??
We offered his brother.  Feb 1st I believe
Childs, Gregory.

Albert Swinestein

Razorvet

We need help at both positions and they are just trying to get his brother a scholly. I think if his brother can play a role you offer both.

COCHISE

With J. Smith now gone we could probably use Dareus' brother.

Razorvet

imhogwild2

Quote from: Albert Swinestein on January 20, 2008, 02:01:12 pm
Ole Miss may be on the verge on a very good recruiting year.  What I don't get is that there are a couple of WRs that are now adding Ole Miss to their lists since Nutt took over...and they are choosing Ole Miss over schools like Florida.  What is up with that?  I just don't get it.
well dont worry because their probably getting lied to about opening up the passing game and next year hottie will have Jevon sSnead who transferred from texas and he was a 5 star QB out of high school so that might have something to do with it
Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

Razorod

The offer to Ferbia Allen, who may turn out to be a great player, is making more and more sense.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Big Daddy

We have 13 returning DL and only 3 will be JR. Ought to be something to work with there for the next couple of years. I think we need a couple of good ones this year but it's nothing to get excited about.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

Hawgvillain

Quote from: imhogwild2 on January 20, 2008, 02:46:28 pm
well dont worry because their probably getting lied to about opening up the passing game and next year hottie will have Jevon sSnead who transferred from texas and he was a 5 star QB out of high school so that might have something to do with it
Not to be a jerk but Snead was a 4-star on both rivals and scout.  It is a personal pet peeve of mine when people say that said recruit was a 5-star when he was not...

Razorvet

Texas star QB Colt McCoy was a three star. So Snead the four star got beat out by a three star. I dont think that quite adds up to a recruiting boost. If it does then Mallets name alone will bring in a top ten recruiting class next year.

hog_fan

This was fully expected. Battle will likely switch as well. I'm don't think BOP cared. He didn't seem to go hard after Smith

Hawgvillain

Quote from: Razorvet on January 20, 2008, 03:24:36 pm
Texas star QB Colt McCoy was a three star. So Snead the four star got beat out by a three star. I dont think that quite adds up to a recruiting boost. If it does then Mallets name alone will bring in a top ten recruiting class next year.
In his defense, McCoy was a 4* on scout.  I think this is a good point, however.  Now Ole Miss has an AR reject at coach and a Texas reject at QB...

Hawgballz

Quote from: hog_fan on January 20, 2008, 03:29:19 pm
This was fully expected. Battle will likely switch as well. I'm don't think BOP cared. He didn't seem to go hard after Smith

That is an understatement, not contacting him would lead me to believe he wasn't going hard after him.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Porkerpower

I suspect some of these kids de-committing may want to take the EASIER route with Nutt. 

No doubt Petrino won't tolerate lazy players.  Some of these kids might just be afraid of hard work and not willing to committ to such a demanding program.

Good ridance.  You're starting to see a REAL coach/program at work.

Aint it wonderful?

Sooie baby!!!!!!

Petrinos Pigs

Nutt is recruiting alot harder at Ole Piss than he did here. That's for sure.
Hog Born and Hog Breed

hog_fan

Like i said this was fully expected. Let's hope battle keeps his visit to us. Hopefully our other committs were locked up this weekend. nutt better enjoy this year, as he won't do this next year since he won't have a prior relationship with the players.

Hawgvillain

Any recruit that isn't an OL or a RB that switches from AR to OM has to have his intelligence questioned.  I know nothing about Smith - but with decision making like that, I have to wonder if he will qualify academically.

SquidBilly

Alpharetta is a suburb of Atlanta.  This area will be hard for petrino to recruit over the next few years because of the occasional negative comments that Petrino receives even now.  Also can't blame Petrino for not wanting to come back to an area that has treated him so badly.  I posted this before about Smith and I will say it again,  if he was as good as some on this board make him out to be he would be going to Georgia or Georgia Tech, but oddly neither was recruiting him very hard.

Petrinos Pigs

Hog Born and Hog Breed

Hawgballz

Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!