Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You're Pel. You have a week until next game. Who's your starting 5, and who is the point guard?

Started by mathhog, January 19, 2008, 10:20:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

You're Pel.  You have a week until next game.  Who's your starting 5, and who is the point guard? (pick 5)

G-Beverley
222 (94.5%)
G-Britt
125 (53.2%)
G-Cox
11 (4.7%)
G-Ervin
31 (13.2%)
C-Hill
53 (22.6%)
F-Hunter
15 (6.4%)
G-Patsatsia
24 (10.2%)
G-Rakestraw
29 (12.3%)
F-Thomas
157 (66.8%)
F-Townes
138 (58.7%)
F-Washington
134 (57%)
F-Weems
201 (85.5%)
G-Welsh
54 (23%)

Total Members Voted: 235

mathhog

You're Pel.  You have a week until next game.  Who's your starting 5, and who is the point guard? (pick 5)

mathhog

bd93

PG- Britt
SG- Bev
SF-Weems
PF- Washington
C- Townes

Really we would have two PF's out there.

Boarcephus

PG-Beverly
SG-Rakestraw
SF-Weems
PF-Washington
C-Townes

I've seen all of Welsh I can stand.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ballinhog

PG: Beverley
2g: Patsa
SF: Weems
PF: Thomas
C:  Townes

Beverley plays 40 mins

Rakestraw and Britt sub in for Patsa and Weems

Mike Wash splits time with Thomas and Townes

thats it

TuckFexas

PG - Britt
SG - Bev
F - Washington
F - Weems
F - Thomas

Yes, I know I didn't include a center and I'm totally ok with that.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

ballinhog

Quote from: ballinhog on January 19, 2008, 10:37:43 pm

Beverley plays 40 mins

thats it

Or maybe start Washington and Thomas comes in as 6th man

Thomas plays well off the bench and Wash played very well in his 1 start

ballinhog

Quote from: TuckFexas on January 19, 2008, 10:39:49 pm
PG - Britt
SG - Bev
F - Washington
F - Weems
F - Thomas

That actually looks good too..especially with the style Pel wants

mathhog

surprised at no love for rakestraw... course, he is a shooter,not a true experienced PG, so bev rules out rake

TuckFexas

Quote from: mathhog on January 19, 2008, 10:43:21 pm
surprised at no love for rakestraw... course, he is a shooter,not a true experienced PG, so bev rules out rake

I haven't seen enough of him to put him in my starting line up. If he sees some game action and lights it up, I'd put him at SG and put Bev at PG. I like Britt running the point because he isn't a shoot first/think second type of player.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

chiefsfan

The correct answer is 5 people minus Ervin who didnt start against Georgia or SC

Pelphrey has done this before.   he did this one time at South Al.  Cost his team a game, but they sure as heck learned a lesson.   Now as to whether he'll do it here...I dont know
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

mathhog

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 19, 2008, 10:48:01 pm
The correct answer is 5 people minus Ervin who didnt start against Georgia or SC

Pelphrey has done this before.   he did this one time at South Al.  Cost his team a game, but they sure as heck learned a lesson.   Now as to whether he'll do it here...I dont know
wait wait wait, you mean, he started the bottom of the rotation entirely?

that's awesome.

did they start more than once?

SteveInArk

Quote from: TuckFexas on January 19, 2008, 10:39:49 pm
PG - Britt
SG - Bev
F - Washington
F - Weems
F - Thomas

Me either... good call.....
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

hawgwash

Put Beverly at PG.  He's not scoring anyway, and he'd almost for sure do better there than anyone else is.

chiefsfan

Quote from: mathhog on January 19, 2008, 10:51:31 pm
wait wait wait, you mean, he started the bottom of the rotation entirely?

that's awesome.

did they start more than once?

Wasnt the entire bottom half of his rotation.  But he benched the 3 supposedly best players on the team.  And no they didnt start more then once.  His starters went on a crazy scoring run after they came bck in  had several good games after that

In our case it would be like benching Beverly Ervin and Hill, and starting Britt, Cox and Washington
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

mathhog

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 19, 2008, 11:01:25 pm
Wasnt the entire bottom half of his rotation.  But he benched the 3 supposedly best players on the team.  And no they didnt start more then once.  His starters went on a crazy scoring run after they came bck in  had several good games after that

In our case it would be like benching Beverly Ervin and Hill, and starting Britt, Cox and Washington

in that case, i'd call for

Washington
Hunter
Britt
Cox
Rakestraw

awwyeah84

yeah i don't understand why we aren't utilizing our bench...still using vincent hunter?
doesn't make any sense
where is rakestraw?

Razorback88

Washington should be getting 35 minutes, in my opinion.  If Pel is getting a free pass, he needs to look toward the future.

HogWildDTown

time to move beverly to pg and and rotate welsh, britt, and rakestraw, and (patsa?) at sg. i wisg he would try some of these other guys cause what he's been doin isn't working. i don't think ur losin that much on D, because their not playing good D anyway. so get some shooters out there and try to outscore them.

bjackson

steven hill is a great shot blocker but that's about all i can say. this young man just comes across to me like he doesn't give a crap. he plays the game with zero emotion. we may lose every game from here on out but i would not play any more of our upper classmen unless i just had to and i would start prepareing for the future with our younger players getting them ready for next year. i would make sure britt, beverly, and washington start every game from here on out. the effort i saw from our upper classmen tonight was just disgusting. i sorry but these guys have been this way since they arrived on campus and i guest they will always be like this but if i'm gonna lose i'm gonna lose with some kids that aleast it looks like it bothers them. this group i feel will never turn the corner and they have had plenty of chances to prove otherwise.

TorsinAHog

starters don't matter. who gets the most pt and is in at the end.  that's what is important.  with this team it doesn't really matter.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Uncle_dad

I would go with the bottom five in the rotation to make a point.  After the point was made, I would go with this:

1)  Bev
2)  Weems
3)  Thomas
4)  Townes
5)  Hill

Go big!  We couldn't do much worse at this point!

mathhog

Quote from: Razorback88 on January 20, 2008, 01:42:39 am
Washington should be getting 35 minutes, in my opinion.  If Pel is getting a free pass, he needs to look toward the future.

totally agreed.  i think right now, in terms of potential, mike wash has the best chance to play in the pros.

coach, my back hurts

Britt
Beverly
Patsa
Washington
Townes

And i'd play this lineup ALOT of minutes unless foul trouble occurs.

Thomas would get lots of minutes as well, or would start in place of Wash/Townes.  I'd sub Ervin and Welsh in for just a few minutes to give Britt and Bevy a rest or get them out of foul trouble.  Rake would spell Patsa and Weems would play very little.  Hill would collect dust the rest of the season.  I'd play Hunter more than what he's been playing.

I'd LOVE to see the above lineup against LSU and the next few home games.  I wouldnt give a damn if we lost every game either.  If the Sr's are going to piss away their last season then at least let the Fr/Soph's get there shot to have a bright future.  I bet we'd get alot better effort out of the players who are beggin to get in. (Patsa, Rake, Britt, Hunter)

Come on Pel, it just isnt workin.  Make an adjustment....PLEASE!!!!

chiefsfan

Quote from: Uncle_dad on January 20, 2008, 09:15:28 am
I would go with the bottom five in the rotation to make a point.  After the point was made, I would go with this:

1)  Bev
2)  Weems
3)  Thomas
4)  Townes
5)  Hill

Go big!  We couldn't do much worse at this point!

My god that would be turnover city.  thats 4 turnover prone players in the lineup at the same time

arkjay19

Beverley is not a point, but Pel needs to address the personality conflict Beverley has going on right now.  Welsh and Ervin are still the two best options at running the point, but the have to learn a lesson somehow.  Washington and Townes deserve a lot more playing time over Hill and Thomas who have been playing very uninspired lately.

BrooklynRoss

Bev at point and handling the ball exclusively

Weems at 2 guard
Washington as a 3 swingman-type
Townes at forward
Thomas at forward

It's light on ball-handling but so is every other lineup. At least these guys play hard and with a bit of basketball knowledge. That's how I'd do it, but I'm not basketball coach.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Smithian

PG: Britt = Alright defender and handler and can shoot well enough to have to be guarded.
SG: Beverley = Bad year or not, must start.
SF: Weems = Noone else really for this position.
PF: Thomas = Rebounder, alright scorer.
C: Washington = Most talented player on team. Good rebounder and needs time. Smallish for a center, but noone on our schedule except maybe Curtis at Ole Miss will really overpower him. Can block some shots.

hogsanity

No line up with Townes in it, he has always been about 1 thing, himself.  If he does not get to shoot within 1 minute of coming into the game he pouts the rest of the game. 

I would Play Beverly, Britt, Thomas, Weems, and Washington.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawkhawg

elksnort

Yeah, Beverly at point guard is the only hope we have of being good this year.  Like someone else said, "He needs to get it together". I can't get into his personal stuff, however, I hope he can get passed it.

porkenstein

Pbev- point
Pasta- 2
Weems- 3
thomas-4
hill - 5

2nd lineup

Ervin-pg
pBev/weems-2
welsh/rakestraw-3
washinton-4
townes-5

whatever he does, i think (just like 2 weeks ago) that he has to get Pasta and Rake some real minutes. 5-7/game each at least.

Corkscrew Johnson

wow, britt getting some love. 

right now our PG situation is similar to Casey Dick's role...just don't lose the game for us.  Unfortunately, Ervin and Welsh are trying to take over the games instead of getting the ball into the hands of the difference makers.  I think Britt has made an impression on the fans because he is tough and deferential to the stars on the team.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: Razorback88 on January 20, 2008, 01:42:39 am

washington's basketball IQ is very low right now.  he will learn, and then the playing time will come

opineonswine

Quote from: mathhog on January 19, 2008, 10:22:24 pm
Britt plays point in my lineup.

Britt PG
Bev SG
Weems SF
Wash  PF
Townes C

this is exactly where I would start with Thomas as first sub/

Big Austin

Lets use that size advantage.

G- Beverly
G- Weems
F- Washington
F- Townes
F- Thomas

Zone-Up and Force the 3
Win the rebounding battle and points in the paint(We don't shoot the 3 good anyways)
Let our Best Player (Beverly) run the Offense

ColonelNutt

You forgot to add an option for that Pelphrey guy.  I heard he likes to suit up and play with the team from time to time.

porkenstein

Quote from: Big Austin on January 21, 2008, 05:26:14 pm
Lets use that size advantage.

G- Beverly
G- Weems
F- Washington
F- Townes
F- Thomas

Zone-Up and Force the 3
Win the rebounding battle and points in the paint(We don't shoot the 3 good anyways)
Let our Best Player (Beverly) run the Offense

never work. that lineup won't be able to play for long stretches at a time.

parrishw

1-G-Beverley
2/3-G/SWF-Weems
3/4-F-Townes
3/4-F-Washington
5/C-Thomas

First substitution line up at 5 minutes

1-G-Rakestraw
2/3-G/SWF-Beverley
3/4-F-Townes
3/4-F-Washington
5/C-Hill

Second substitution line up at 10 minutes

1-G-Welsh
2-G-Britt
2/3-G/SWF-Weems
4/5-C/PF-Thomas
5/C-Hill

The second substitution is told to man up on defense and maintain the score by getting the ball in to the paint to help the post players get to the line to eat up some rest time for the starters with the clock stopped.

Return to starting lineup and rotate as needed based on game flow.

mathhog

Quote from: ColonelNutt on January 21, 2008, 05:44:45 pm
You forgot to add an option for that Pelphrey guy.  I heard he likes to suit up and play with the team from time to time.

sigh... if only he could...

HogNuttz

Play three guards.  What ever guard is being defended by a forward or the the biggest, slowest defender of the three should run the point.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

The_Iceman

i would play PBev at the point guard spot.
i would test Rakestraw at the two guard. He can obviously shoot but hasnt been able to come in and shoot with confidence. maybe with more playing time and getting a chance to get a feel for the game, he could be a deadly spot shooter.
i would keep weems at the 3 spot, allowing him to drive, shoot, and dish to Bev and Rake.
Down low I would give as many minutes to Thomas and Townes as possible.

Off the bench, i would have Welsh ready to come in to Bev or Rake, Washington ready to come in at 4, and Hill at 5. Ervin will take the other guard spot if both need to come out.

bythelake

A little different twist..
PG- PBev
SG- Patsia(spelling) I want a shooter in the game.
Forward- Weems
Forward - Wash
Center - Take your pick.

HogMavFan

Quote from: ballinhog on January 19, 2008, 10:37:43 pm

Beverley plays 40 mins

thats it
I agree totally. And Gary Ervin gets mad and quits the team just so Pel doesn't lose his mind and put him in at the end of a close game.

HogMavFan

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 19, 2008, 11:01:25 pm

If it is supposed to be your three best players it wouldn't be like benching Ervin and Hill for sure. Maybe like benching Beverley, Weems and Thomas but I don't think this is the answer. I think moving Bev to point and never, ever, ever playing Gary Ervin would solve a lot of our problems.

WMHawgfan

Quote from: mathhog on January 20, 2008, 03:31:08 pm
totally agreed.  i think right now, in terms of potential, mike wash has the best chance to play in the pros.
Mike isn't getting 35 minutes because he can't stay on the floor. He may have tremendous athletic ability but he can't stop making bad decisions on the court. Cheap fouls and poor shot selection are killing him right now. I am sure I am not the only one noticing that his minutes are dropping lately.

Brand X Hog Fan

PG       Britt
2G       Bev
Swing   Weems
F         Thomas
F         Washington

Come off the pick and roll some and run a little old fashioned 1-3-1 swing to free up the intermediate range jumper!!!!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.