Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Offer Dollarway's Ferbia Allen

Started by Luke Matheson, January 18, 2008, 09:19:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Matheson

Arkansas, Arkansas State and Tulsa have offered Dollarway's Ferbia Allen. He is a 6-foot-5, 235 pound Athlete

Ferbia Allen helped Dollarway reach the Class 4A state championship game. Dollarway reeled off nine straight victories to play in the state championship game, which they lost to Nashville Dec. 7 in Little Rock. Allen recorded 78 tackles and 14 sacks in 2007.

Kid has a great head on his shoulders, and academics are not an issue with him. All bases are covered.

Hogs4Ever

What position or positions does he play?

Okay, I see from the article he's a DE. 

preach33

Luke Matheson

Tulsa is looking to make him a H-Back if he goes there. He has a visit lined up with the U of A on Feb 1.

SquidBilly

Good size but what do we do if all of the players Petrino has offered commit?  We'll be way over our 25 player limit won't we?

preach33

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 18, 2008, 09:26:07 pm
Good size but what do we do if all of the players Petrino has offered commit?  We'll be way over our 25 player limit won't we?

grades may get some of them - maybe - I hope not - but it happens

PorkSoda

Quote from: preach33 on January 18, 2008, 09:22:33 pm
His size points to DE
He would need to add about 30-40 lbs to be a DE, He could do that with a solid weightroom regiment and a RS year.  Looks like a solid prospect.  I wonder what his speed is.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

preach33

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 18, 2008, 09:31:17 pm
He would need to add about 30-40 lbs to be a DE, He could do that with a solid weightroom regiment and a RS year.  Looks like a solid prospect.  I wonder what his speed is.

With our new Strength and Conditioning coach - it can be done. We need another dominate pass rusher.

LJHOG

Interesting.  Got two takes on this.  One, Petrino has seen something he likes about the way the young man plays.  Or, he feels we have no shot at Smith, Dareus (sp?) and/or Askew and this is a back-up plan.
I'd prefer the former.

Petrinos Pigs

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 18, 2008, 09:26:07 pm

Most schools over sign due to grades, and maybe a couple could count toward 2007,(Mallet) or some early enrolling JUCO.
Hog Born and Hog Breed

Luke Matheson

Quote from: LJHOG on January 18, 2008, 09:33:17 pm
Interesting.  Got two takes on this.  One, Petrino has seen something he likes about the way the young man plays.  Or, he feels we have no shot at Smith, Dareus (sp?) and/or Askew and this is a back-up plan.
I'd prefer the former.

IMHO it is always wise to have a backup plan. Secondly, it is nice to see a coach going and reaching out to the Arkansas kids.

hawgXi

also makes one wonder why nutt & co didn't recruit the kid.

losthawg68

Quote from: hawgXi on January 18, 2008, 10:50:44 pm

because it's nutt and co, they didn't recruit, they just wanted kids that wanted to be razorbacks
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

bighog77

Quote from: hawgXi on January 18, 2008, 10:50:44 pm

Because Nutts a dumb azz.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Petrinos Pigs on January 18, 2008, 09:35:00 pm
Most schools over sign due to grades, and maybe a couple could count toward 2007,(Mallet) or some early enrolling JUCO.

There will be no early enrolling JUCOs, that ship has already sailed.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

arkjay19

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 18, 2008, 09:31:17 pm

good lord, that's quite a bulky defensive end.  Harrison got moved back to tackle because of his size.  Robinson is only 255. 

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: preach33 on January 18, 2008, 09:32:56 pm
With our new Strength and Conditioning coach - it can be done. We need another dominate pass rusher.

not sure if this is that player though.... with all due respect, he had offers from Tulsa and Arkansas State before the Hogs extended one.  I'm thinking he's a serviceable DE who will help until bigger and better get recruited
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on January 19, 2008, 01:13:12 am
not sure if this is that player though.... with all due respect, he had offers from Tulsa and Arkansas State before the Hogs extended one.  I'm thinking he's a serviceable DE who will help until bigger and better get recruited

How many offers did Adrian Davis, Jamal Anderson, Marcus Harrison, and Charles Clay have before Arkansas offered.  Just because a kid does not have a lot of offers mean that he will not be a solid SEC player. 

Doggtown31LCC

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on January 19, 2008, 04:09:47 am
How many offers did Adrian Davis, Jamal Anderson, Marcus Harrison, and Charles Clay have before Arkansas offered.  Just because a kid does not have a lot of offers mean that he will not be a solid SEC player. 

i believe jamal anderson was only a 2 star recruit, but got drafted in the top 10
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

Jeffcphog

I watched Ferbia play several times this year.  He is a quality player.  He stands out as a man among boys on the field.  He is a good one.

Hogg_Phan

Quote from: Doggtown31LCC on January 19, 2008, 05:42:55 am
i believe jamal anderson was only a 2 star recruit, but got drafted in the top 10

Good point. I think some kids don't get real good coaching until they reach the college level and are only going on pure talent to make it there. They get good coaching in college and then they show what they are really worth. JMHO
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

SquidBilly

Cam Hendeson apparently has decided not to visit us so Allen may be getting his spot.  Don't know why Henderson would be visiting Ole Miss over us though but he is.  Maybe he just wants to stay closer to home. 

Oklahawg

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 19, 2008, 08:49:18 am
Cam Hendeson apparently has decided not to visit us so Allen may be getting his spot.  Don't know why Henderson would be visiting Ole Miss over us though but he is.  Maybe he just wants to stay closer to home. 

Players establish a relationship with coaches at some schools in a way that the "love" doesn't translate to the school. Said otherwise, they commit to a coach or a concept, not a university. The coach leaves, the system changes, etc., and the player has little interest in the school.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hogfan160

Quote from: Doggtown31LCC on January 19, 2008, 05:42:55 am
He was 2 star wide receiver.

old hog

Believe I read somewhere that he is a decent BB player, also. Might make a good TE if his speed is right.

PorkSoda

Quote from: arkhog9 on January 19, 2008, 12:22:14 am
good lord, that's quite a bulky defensive end.  Harrison got moved back to tackle because of his size.  Robinson is only 255. 
Jamall Anderson was 280-290 and a beast at DE.  Thats what you need.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

nughaud

January 19, 2008, 04:48:50 pm #27 Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 04:50:27 pm by nughaud
Ya, but he didn't come in at that weight. Most guys from High School are no more than 250lbs max.  Most are 220lbs and will add that weight through Redshirt or just through the years.  As you know Anderson was a Top 50 WR in High School. After doing some research Jamaal Anderson was listed anywhere from 205 to 220 lbs in High School, and he played WR/TE and some D.

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 19, 2008, 02:21:49 pm
Jamall Anderson was 280-290 and a beast at DE.  Thats what you need.

Shaquille O-squeal

I had a post about Ferb on here a few weeks back.

I know him personally. My cousin is the D-Coordinator @ Dway and I kept stats for the Cards from 2002-2006. I've watched Ferb develop and I can tell you that he is the real deal. He has all the tools to make it at the next level and perhaps beyond. He's a super kid, with a great attitude. He's very humble and a hard worker both on and off the field. He comes from a really good home and spends a lot of his downtime hunting and fishing. If Arkansas does get him, they will be getting an outstanding player and young man.

I'm extremely proud of Ferb for the hard work that he has put in and i'm also proud of the job that my cousin, Coach McCready and Head Coach George Shelton did in teaching Ferb the game. They worked really hard with him and he developed into a real weapon on offense as a TE/WR, and on defense as a DE. He can play both positions really well.

I hope that he decides to play for us. It's one of the biggest decisions he'll make in his life.

Hoofer

how big is he really? is he 215 now? or is he more in the 240 range? is he a little slow? a kid that is 6'5, 240 gets major attention so I'm just wondering why he is under the radar. i'm excited about it, sounds like he has a lot of upside. it's amazing the lack of talent that comes out of PB area these days. For instate recruiting purposes, the Hogs need that area to become fertile again.

Boarcephus

I guess the great thing about 6-5, 235 is you can add as much weight as the frame will take.  If he has some speed you can turn him into 250 stud DE or LB'er or bulk him up and put him inside.  I don't know a thing about the guy but if Petrino sees something in him, I'm all for it.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hog Fan from Camden

This type of offer shows that the new coaching staff is really reaching out to previously neglected areas of the state.  Or the state's coaches are reaching out to the new U of A staff like never before.  Either way it's a great thing.  I think the old staff had burned a lot of bridges in Arkansas.  We might get that fence built after all.

Fatmanhog

i was wondering if he is that athletic he sounds like a great linebacker to me, maybe im partial because that is what i played but i would to see someone like that use their god given ability instead of bulking up and playing out of position, i know i know thats what jamal anderson did but i would love to see that kind of size at linebacker!!
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt