Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Friar Fanatics

Started by AngryKhalil, January 16, 2008, 09:08:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AngryKhalil

Hadn't really thought about that but it's a good idea. I definitely don't like Juan Pierre either but if we could find some young guys like him I'd be all for that, and Furcal won't work either because Khalil is a fan favorite out there and there would be a mutiny if they got rid of him. I just wish we'd do something because all we're doing is wasting one of the best starting rotation's in baseball because we can't score.The cubs have already scored over 100 more runs than us on the year, that's rediculous.

Oh yeah and you're right, Adrian is sweet. He's one of the million great hitting first basemen that the Rangers have got rid of. (Adrian, Hafner, Texiera)
Supporting: Texas Rangers, Seattle Seahawks, Memphis Grizzlies, and The Razorbacks.

kimjongsqUeAl

Yes - w/o AGon I don't know what the Padres would do, maybe lose games and stuff . . . OOHHHH  yeah, they are already doing that . . . riiiiiiiight.  ::)
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

AngryKhalil

Friar Fanatics: What's your opinion on Gerut, I haven't got to watch a game since he's been playing, only highlights on Baseball Tonight. I don't know much about him but i hear he's been doing a pretty solid job. Any chance he maybe helps us start turning this around into a respectable season.

Also if anybody has any info please chime in but I'm still wondering how much longer we're leaving Headley in the minors. He's out of his slump and hitting the ball well, looks to be back in Texas League MVP form. Also they finally moved him to the outfield so we can keep Kouz on third. I would think he may be getting the call soon.
Supporting: Texas Rangers, Seattle Seahawks, Memphis Grizzlies, and The Razorbacks.

kimjongsqUeAl

I'M REALLY REALLY UPSET with Pujols right now!  The guy single-handedly took out 2 Padres the other night . . . in a 1/2 inning!!  WTH!?!?!?!?!? 

Now, 2 of the NL's best SP's are on the DL, and our 2nd best catcher is on the DL.  We had to call up 4 players from the farms . . . AND HEADLEY IS STILL IN THE MINORS!?!?!  I just at a loss for words.  I don't understand the management style of KT.  Why not bring up one of the hottest bats in your farm system to improve your team with THE WORST record in the majors. 

Can someone help me out here please?
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: birdman05 on May 21, 2008, 07:27:35 pm
Friar Fanatics: What's your opinion on Gerut, I haven't got to watch a game since he's been playing, only highlights on Baseball Tonight. I don't know much about him but i hear he's been doing a pretty solid job. Any chance he maybe helps us start turning this around into a respectable season.

Also if anybody has any info please chime in but I'm still wondering how much longer we're leaving Headley in the minors. He's out of his slump and hitting the ball well, looks to be back in Texas League MVP form. Also they finally moved him to the outfield so we can keep Kouz on third. I would think he may be getting the call soon.

Question #1:  No

Question #2:  Towers said nope, not gonna happen.  He doesn't want to put to much pressure on the young man and hurt his wittle feelings!  BS!!

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/news/2008/may/22/padres-promote-four-minor-leaguers-leave-headley-t/
- Thomas Jefferson

- God

AngryKhalil

I said it last year and I know after the meltdown everyone laughed at me but not signing Milton Bradley back was dumb. I don't care if he was a problem from time to time, dude could hit and was instant offense last year when we plugged him in. Plus tell me we have anyone in the OF that's anywhere close to as good as him offensively, and don't say Brian Giles because the only reason he's even making the big bucks is because he hit 30 HRs a couple of times when he was juicin' back in Pittsburgh.

Oh and as far as babying Headley and bringing him along slow, since when did our management care about taking pressure off guys. I seem to remember a certain rookie third basemen of ours getting thrown straight into the fire last year. Headley's a big boy, bring him up and let him get that fielding experience in big league parks.

AngryKhalil

Out of last place....small victory but we gotta start somewhere.

Anyway, I feel bad because I contributed to some of this negativity in our thread so I'm gonna only post poistive things and news from here on out.

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: birdman05 on May 30, 2008, 08:29:22 pm
Out of last place....small victory but we gotta start somewhere.

Anyway, I feel bad because I contributed to some of this negativity in our thread so I'm gonna only post poistive things and news from here on out.

I agree.  No more negative nellies!!  From now on, only positive opinions and news that make you all warm and fuzzy on the inside.  Seriously!  It's not the end of the season yet.  We still have a chance.

Now, who will the Padres draft today??  I really hope we get Logan Forsythe, that would be friggin sweet!  We need a guy who's as versatile as he is.  And his bat is not too shabby either. 

Why is there no MLB Draft thread going anyway??
- Thomas Jefferson

- God

AngryKhalil

We got him, Forsythe goes 46th overall to your San Diego Padres.

Good week for the Padres, steal one from the Cubs, take one from the Mets last night, and pick up a Hog today. I can feel it guys the turnaround starts right now after we win this Mets series. Gotta bring the sticks with Santana on the Hill tonight.

Let's GO PADRES!!!

AngryKhalil

We picked up Murphree in rd. 27 too.

Padres love th hogs: Schmidt, Forsythe, Murphree. Does Van Horn have some kind of Padres ties I don't know about?