Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LOL @ Florida State

Started by SigHog87, December 18, 2007, 04:09:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SigHog87

December 18, 2007, 04:09:36 pm Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 01:19:43 am by SigHog87
20 players suspended cause academic reasons

heh

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3159534

Melhog

I assume you mean FSU Florida State?? 

press ham

SigHog87

nole10591

Couldn't say it better
So long lost DECADE !!!

keepitreal

Tisk, Tisk, Tisk. It's truly sad that there's not a surprised look from the entire country either. Man they need to seriously do some serious PR work and impliment some strict team rules to get that team out of the hole they put themselves in to begin with.
Peace & God Bless!! Go Razorbacks!!

rickm1976

I'm sad for Bobby Bowden.  He is a good man, but seems to have always had discipline problems in the past.

IBGPN

So this proves once again that the internet is the debbil.

SpiritHog

How very sad for that once proud program.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

HogginAllDay&Nite

Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

IZAHOG

Free Shoes University now Free Scores University

HoopS

Somehow, I don't feel inclined to enjoy watching anybody go through a PR nightmare anymore.   I think it fricken sucks for their fans. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

This just prooves that there should be a mandatory retirement age for coaches.  Bowden has lost control of the program and it shows on and off the field. He should have retired about 10 years ago when that program peaked and then someone else could have built on what he started.  Now instead it is a program in decline and it will be much harder to get it back to elite status.

Any other coach would have been fired or forcibly retired by now, after the shoe thing, various other incidents and now this scandal. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 18, 2007, 07:08:28 pm
This just prooves that there should be a mandatory retirement age for coaches.  Bowden has lost control of the program and it shows on and off the field. He should have retired about 10 years ago when that program peaked and then someone else could have built on what he started.  Now instead it is a program in decline and it will be much harder to get it back to elite status.

Any other coach would have been fired or forcibly retired by now, after the shoe thing, various other incidents and now this scandal. 

Unless, of course, they coached at Arkansas for the past 10 years...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

StewHogg11

December 18, 2007, 07:37:02 pm #15 Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:40:19 pm by StewHogg11
How can you blame Bobby Bowden for this???  What is he supposed to do, sit behind the kid while he's at the computer to ensure he doesn't cheat.  But like Michael Wilbon said; "Internet courses are just asking for people to cheat".  I guarantee cheating like this is going on at every university.  Haha judging by the threadstarter's spelling he must of cheated to get his education.  Come on, bro Florida is not that hard to spell.
Every program has down years, Florida State just turns them into winning seasons.

"Friendly a** punks talking bad on the internet/Anybody who types that much can't be a danger/See me in person bet I break yo fangers" - WILLIE D

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: StewHogg11 on December 18, 2007, 07:37:02 pm
How can you blame Bobby Bowden for this???  What is he supposed to do, sit behind the kid while he's at the computer to ensure he doesn't cheat.  But like Michael Wilbon said; "Internet courses are just asking for people to cheat".  I guarantee cheating like this is going on at every university. 

Because if he was running a tight ship 20+ kids would not be involved in this.  1 or 2 might be doing something on their own.  But when this many are involved it reflects on the overall disciplinary tone of the program.  If you have control over your program and an air of discipline, the kids will mirror that and police themselves for the most part.  Will it stop everything, No, but you sure as hell won't have 20+ kids ineligible for a bowl game.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

StewHogg11

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 18, 2007, 07:41:18 pm
Because if he was running a tight ship 20+ kids would not be involved in this.  1 or 2 might be doing something on their own.  But when this many are involved it reflects on the overall disciplinary tone of the program.  If you have control over your program and an air of discipline, the kids will mirror that and police themselves for the most part.  Will it stop everything, No, but you sure as hell won't have 20+ kids ineligible for a bowl game.
But at some point these kids should take accountibility for their own actions.  Internet courses are the worst thing that ever happened to every university's academic integrity.  This is going on everywhere.
Every program has down years, Florida State just turns them into winning seasons.

"Friendly a** punks talking bad on the internet/Anybody who types that much can't be a danger/See me in person bet I break yo fangers" - WILLIE D

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: StewHogg11 on December 18, 2007, 07:49:00 pm
But at some point these kids should take accountibility for their own actions.  Internet courses are the worst thing that ever happened to every university's academic integrity.  This is going on everywhere.

The kids are being held accountable; they're suspended.  The team is not.  And, yes, this probably happens a lot more than anyone cares to realize.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ironhawg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 18, 2007, 10:51:18 pm
The kids are being held accountable; they're suspended.  The team is not.  And, yes, this probably happens a lot more than anyone cares to realize.

So these student athletes cheated on an exam and got a four game suspension?  I wonder what the university disciplinary policy says about cheating on a test?  Isn't that usually an offense that gets you expelled?

Wild Bill Hog

Were any of them 3 Star recruits coming out of High School, and if they were, were they quoted on ESPiN?  Sorry, couldn't resist.

HogPharmD

I wonder what Jimbo is thinking now. Being heir apparent may not be quite the "deal" he thought it would be.  ??? ;)

StewHogg11

Quote from: HogPharmD on December 19, 2007, 01:12:47 am
I wonder what Jimbo is thinking now. Being heir apparent may not be quite the "deal" he thought it would be.  ??? ;)
Considering he currently has the #4 recruiting class in the nation for 2008, I'm sure he's not that worried.  Also these players will be suspended for the Bowl Game and the first three games of 2008, but what most people don't realize is FSU is probaly gonna be playing Western Carolina and Chattanooga for the first two games of 2008, not a tough conference opponent on Labor Day like they did the last few years so they'll be straight.

nole10591

Quote from: StewHogg11 on December 19, 2007, 05:43:16 am
Considering he currently has the #4 recruiting class in the nation for 2008, I'm sure he's not that worried.  Also these players will be suspended for the Bowl Game and the first three games of 2008, but what most people don't realize is FSU is probaly gonna be playing Western Carolina and Chattanooga for the first two games of 2008, not a tough conference opponent on Labor Day like they did the last few years so they'll be straight.
# 4 recruiting class, nobody here would know what to do if they had a class ranked as high .. thats avg. for us..
So long lost DECADE !!!

Cavehog

Those folks must be tired of BB.  He and Paterno need to go to arbitration to agree on lifetime wins so both schools can dump their sagging old *sses...
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

josh_sec33

Quote from: IZAHOG on December 18, 2007, 06:54:02 pm
Free Shoes University now Free Scores University

LOL I had forgotten that one.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

nole10591

FEAR THE SPEAR... Thats why they named Jimbo Fisher the next head coach .. You should be used to having old people around past their time ( FRANK BROYLE )
So long lost DECADE !!!

afielde11

what!? there were athletes cheating on tests who were members of a major college sports program? this can't be

Hawgwylde

Talk radio guys are calling for Bowdens resignation this morning....At least he did the right thing and suspended the kids.

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

I don't think we can laugh and criticize any other University right now, because the whole country is laughing at and criticizing us.
Go Hogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Go Mavs! Go Stars!

StewHogg11

Quote from: Bogarto on December 19, 2007, 01:24:00 am
I always hated Bobby Bowden this is great news.
"When you resort to hating on another man, all your doing is hating on yourself"

hogman2008

Florida State will be fine......their future looks VERY bright.

StewHogg11

Quote from: hog10591 on December 19, 2007, 03:14:33 pm
FEAR THE SPEAR... Thats why they named Jimbo Fisher the next head coach .. You should be used to having old people around past their time ( FRANK BROYLE )
Hahahaha

StewHogg11

Arkansas acts like none of their players ever get in trouble.  In fact in the last 3 years Arkansas has far more players in trouble with the law than FSU had.