Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville.net and discussion on the Pay Boards

Started by Lanny, December 14, 2007, 08:48:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

I want to start with the Pay Boards Rivals and Scout.  When Nutt left for Ole was a big day for Hogville but nothing like the coaching search we saw.  One pay board retracted their position 5 times in less than a month!  I ask you which of the sites have the insiders? You know our media presentation here and we will be bringing more for 2008 to get you guys the information. 

Hogville was wrong too on the new coaching hires but how much did it cost you?  Are the other boards worth paying $10.00 per month to read?

Hogville.net tries to keep the rumors in the proper forum but sometimes we miss.  Let's enjoy this FREE Board and you let us know which sites are best.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Lanny
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

KYPigSooie

mommahog

Without doubt, keep it right here.

Hogville all the way!

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

EricThePig

You should at least charge those who posted -

"Gus is our new coach. I'm 100% sure. Mods PM me for my source!"

:)

Feralhog

December 14, 2007, 08:57:51 am #6 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 09:02:10 am by Feralhog
I think you're a bit hard on yourself Lanny.  You're correct in that everyone was wrong on who the next coach would be, but the information leading to those projections were right.  Bottom line is, when you get your news on Hogville, it's real time and sometimes the news changes when situation is fluid.  Not having to pay to read opinions of people so well connected on Hogville is great, but the best thing about hogville being a FREE board is, people are free to voice their opinion without fear of being banned.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

Keep up the good work Lanny, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours........

:razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

TLFHAWG

Hawgvillain

Dugann

get job Lanny, and thank u for this forum /bow. :razorback:
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

jhold99

it was kinda fun looking back at the roller coaster ride. would i be saying that if bowden/grobe was the coach today....NO. since we did get the "game changer petrino" wouldn't change a thing. keep up the good work!

Doyle Hograves

Thanks Lanny, and Happy Holidays to you as well.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

clew

Pure as the dawn

stronguard

Great board Lanny.  Great price too!   Individuals make themselves look bad when they make false declarations.  The board looks bad when everyone listens and believes these declarations without external verification.  Usually the 32,000+ members do a good job of policing themselves. 
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

AFWarrior83

Hey it was fun trying to figure it out though right?  As long as this place is free, I'll be around. :)
Hogville member since 2005.

007 License To Squeal

The old saying "You get what you pay for".....doesn't appy to Razorback message boards.  In this case. FREE is better in many ways!  Thanks to Lanny and crew!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

redbarn

Hogville is #1 and always will be due to people like Lanny and all the mods.  Thanks to all of you.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

Bama Hog™

Hogville is, hands down, the best. Take that to the bank.
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

hogbalz

Been here since 04 Lanny and I never take this board for granted. Thanks for the board and they can keep that $10 info.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

Nuclearhog

Great Site!  Thanks to all who provide this venue to voice our love or hate of all things Razorback

HOGPICKER

Kudos to you sir.  With BP in town, I doubt that anyone is going to be much of an 'insider' anyway.  I've never paid a cent to rivals or scout.  Misinformation is just not worth that much to me.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

Porkem

Lanny...Hogville is an OUTSTANDING board.  You and the mods do a great job keeping everything under control and our fans are some of the most passionate in the nation.

I have memberships at both rivals and scout ($20 per month).  I'm an internet sports junkie and like to stay up on the latest news on every team (as I'm an ex-Las Vegas resident and compulsive gambler).

Some of the newbies on this board need to read more and post less though.  Multiple threads on the same topic get really annoying after awhile.

Rivals.com has more knowledgeable members than Scout.com, but you can get away with more smack talking on Scout though.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

pfrg999

This is the best site for Razorback news on the net, bar none.... We have a great Group of posters (you know who you are)...

Lanny, and the mods do a great job... Thank you for everything.
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

pigfeet

I had to shell out some jack on the HoustonNuttLoveFestOtisCalledThatInsightBrother Rivals.com simply b/c Hogville crashed some. That board is absolutely pathetic.  I've been a member here a while and love it.

Thanks for providing it guys.

pigfeet

Quote from: pfrg999 on December 14, 2007, 09:26:32 am
This is the best site for Razorback news on the net, bar none.... We have a great Group of posters (you know who you are)...

Lanny, and the mods do a great job... Thank you for everything.

I'll accept your compliment.

HootieHaterfromALA

Hogville is, without a doubt, the best enabler of me milking the clock at work!! Keep up the great work!!

Reaganite

Hogville's a dandy!

Just imagine how bad Odus' info will be now that his boy is in Mississippi!!

longtimeHogfan

The day I found hogville.net I deleted four other 'favorites' bookmarked in my browser.  I already know which one is best.  Thank you....
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

PorkBrainz

Don't know what we'd do without Hogville, Lanny! Many thanks!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Go Hogs! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Go Hogs!

jgphillips3

God Bless you Lanny.  I don't go to other sites and this board helped me get through the dark days of the last years of the HDN era.  Having a forum where people actually know something and where people could sympathize with my feelings instead of having a monolithic voice in lockstep with the BAC meant a lot to me.  I look forward to the upcoming exciting and fun days on Hogville as the fan base reunites and this board gets stronger than ever due to its honesty, integrity and commitment to us...the fans.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

mword

Best Razorback board ever. Free is always better.

Fletch

It's kind of refreshing not having to pay to get wrong information. Thanks.
I feel like $100

smoked hog

Best board on the Net. With over 32,000 posters your going to end up with some that just like stir stuff up. With that being said if you know who to pay attention to you can get some great info.

BradyHolzhauer

Thanks for the great site, Lanny!
Same to all the other admins and mods...
-B

CowHog

I love Hogville.net, it is my one stop shop for everything Razorback and there is no way I would pay to use a second rate board!!!!

rcowen

BCRavens

Cub Fan - Bud Man

razorrog1

HoginHouston

Can anyone remember what life was like before Hogville? I look forward to a day when we have over 100,000 posters, but I bet that will mean a lot more work for the mods. Hogville is priceless. Thanks...
Go Hogs Go.

corpitguy

They gave props to Hogville.net as being the biggest Hog discussion forums site in local media in Lrock... can't remember if it was KATV, KTHV or KLRT, since I switch between them.

Hoggish1

Quote from: hSv on December 14, 2007, 08:48:25 am
I want to start with the Pay Boards Rivals and Scout.  When Nutt left for Ole was a big day for Hogville but nothing like the coaching search we saw.  One pay board retracted their position 5 times in less than a month!  I ask you which of the sites have the insiders? You know our media presentation here and we will be bringing more for 2008 to get you guys the information. 

Hogville was wrong too on the new coaching hires but how much did it cost you?  Are the other boards worth paying $10.00 per month to read?

Hogville.net tries to keep the rumors in the proper forum but sometimes we miss.  Let's enjoy this FREE Board and you let us know which sites are best.

Lanny

This is the BEST board I've ever been on or visited!

Keep up the Great work. 

HeathWimp

The pay boards can sit and spin.

Hogville rules!
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

DEVICEHIGH

Does Scout or Rivals have the "Wheel of Fortune"?

[youtube=425,350]QH3ciiBn83Q[/youtube]

I don't think so...   ;D
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: hSv on December 14, 2007, 08:48:25 am

Lanny

I want my money back!!!!!

;D

Merry Christmas to all Hogvillians!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on December 14, 2007, 10:14:46 am
Does Scout or Rivals have the "Wheel of Fortune"?

[youtube=425,350]QH3ciiBn83Q[/youtube]

I don't think so...   ;D

Hilarious DH!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

wholehog92

There is no better Razorback community on the web than Hogville.

Thank you Lanny
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

judgeroyswine

I'm just sorry Whatshakin' had to write so many articles in the last few weeks.  ;)

Thanks for the site Lanny.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

hogsanity

If I offend anyone, sorry, but why would anyne pay actual money to access a message board.  Seriously, as fast as info moves, is it really that important to MAYBE know something 5 minutes before everyone else?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE