Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's the thing about the Heisman

Started by Albert Einswine, December 10, 2007, 09:47:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Einswine

Tim Tebow is certainly a stud football player.  He had a stellar season.  If he posts equal or better stats next season he certainly deserves the Heisman......... next season.

Let's look at what the Heisman has always been.  It has always been the award given to the best Junior or Senior offensive player in college football.

That's the precedent for the whole history of this award.

Basically, these WERE the rules.  Turn in good enough stats as a Freshman and Sophomore to get your name in the mix to be seriously considered as a Junior or Senior.

In other words, build a worthy resume to put yourself in contention when your time came...... as a Junior or Senior.

Darren McFadden who'd already rushed for over 1,100 yards as a true Freshman (in the SEC, on torn cartilige, in roughly 9 games while sharing carries with D'Arrius Howard and Felix Jones) and rushed for a school record 1647 yards as a Sophomore (passing for 3 touchdowns? while sharing carries with Felix managing a Heisman runner-up) followed these stellar accomplishments up with 1725 yards and passing for 4 touchdowns this season. 

This, my friends, is a Heisman resume.  It began in grand fashion and got better every season.... duplication of excellence.  That WAS the Heisman standard.

Tim Tebow, was a gimmick player a year ago as a short yardage and goal line package in relief of starter Chris Leak.

He posted astronomical touchdown stats this season passing and running, though it should be mentioned that the vast majority of the rushing TD's were from chip shot range while calling his own number..... a spot that any other team would be handing to the fullback or tailback.

This, my friends, IS NOT a Heisman resume by the ESTABLISHED STANDARD.

I suppose the standards have changed.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

LRfan

Get over it.  Arkansas has no Heisman, Arkansas has no coach, and what is left of a great heritage won't be around too much longer.  White will, and Arkansas' laughing stock is on the rise.  Deal with it - fact is fact.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: LRfan on December 10, 2007, 10:18:44 pm
Get over it.  Arkansas has no Heisman, Arkansas has no coach, and what is left of a great heritage won't be around too much longer.  White will, and Arkansas' laughing stock is on the rise.  Deal with it - fact is fact.

I'll just continue to be angry about the break with Heisman tradition whether or not that's alright with you.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker