WoW

Started by Lanny, December 06, 2007, 10:35:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Back to the drawing board.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

JuanTonDually

do we know where to find the drawing board?

gumby013

Isn't it fun to wake up and find your servers melting again?

granny grunt

Philip Seaton

Well Grobe is an idiot...he won't win a National Championship at Wake Forest...best of luck to him.

TXrazorback

I think we were using an etch-a-sketch before.  Now we will use an actual drawing board I hope.
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

IBGPN

Why don't they just hire a search firm and be done with it?

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

BigOFokker

Quote from: JuanTonDually on December 06, 2007, 10:35:58 am
do we know where to find the drawing board?

Even if we knew where it was, I am not sure we know how to draw or even what to draw with!!

Rider0375

Pigonometry

Quote from: Kilgor on December 06, 2007, 10:36:47 am
Coloring book.

You beat me to it --- that is the first thing I thought of..........
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

Brand X Hog Fan

<------- Drawing board? This search looks more like my 1 year old grand baby has gotten into the crayons!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

1FBL

I think the drawing board turned us down.
"(Kentucky) really got it going with both the run and that pass and that keeps you off balance," Nutt said.

NaturalStateReb

Wow.  I hate to hear that.

Grobe was a good catch. 

If it's really down to Malzahn and Herring, hire Herring and at least bring this thing to a conclusion.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Geohul

Quote from: IBGPN on December 06, 2007, 10:36:40 am
Why don't they just hire a search firm and be done with it?
Why in the hell are we paying HUGE money to an atheletics director if he isn't even going to hire the people that work for him?  Let Long make the decision.  Then if it sucks hold him accountable.  But I refuse to pay this man's salary and then let somebody else make all of the most important decisions.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: Rider0375 on December 06, 2007, 10:37:37 am
Get GUS NOW!
Right now, before he has a better offer on the table!
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

EL' MAHOG

As long as it's not the Smoke Drawing Board!
I guess it finally rained, its down to 85, I bet the fish are bitin' down by the riverside

Pigonometry

I'm thinking about walking around the U of A campus with a "Will Coach for Food" sign.  Maybe they will hire me.
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

RUSTY4ME

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on December 06, 2007, 10:44:32 am
Right now, before he has a better offer on the table!
Where at ???

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: RUSTY4ME on December 06, 2007, 10:46:22 am
Where at ???
Well, maybe not a better offer as far as money, but a chance to move up the ladder from where he's at now. If White continues to block this, we may lose our chance.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Hoggish1

Quote from: gumby013 on December 06, 2007, 10:36:15 am
Isn't it fun to wake up and find your servers melting again?

i went to bed with the greatest feeling.  I didn't even run to the board to read the latest.  When I finally got around to it....

hogrocker

QuoteI'm thinking about walking around the U of A campus with a "Will Coach for Food" sign.  Maybe they will hire me.

If you do that, maybe someone will offer you 2 million dollars to stay unemployed.

ramco1

Quote from: philip.seaton on December 06, 2007, 10:36:31 am
Well Grobe is an idiot...he won't win a National Championship at Wake Forest...best of luck to him.

justin2000m80

Well this sux.  Hell just hire Gus and get it over with. 

justin2000m80

Well this sux.  Hell just hire Gus and get it over with. 

chris1973

HIRE REGGIE OR GUS!
Fip a quarter it not that hard! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

RocknRollRazorback

December 06, 2007, 10:59:58 am #26 Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 06:37:00 pm by RocknRollRazorback
nm
"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

tbhogfan

First, I'm not giving up on Jim just yet.  The original reports said that he was responsible for his own buyout, and this may be an attempt by his agent to get Ark to take some of that responsibility.

Second, if this is true, I think it would be wise to go to a search firm.  This worked extremely well in the Pelphrey hire.  At this point, we need to consider top Assistant Coaches as well.

Go Hogs!

william.lane123

It's only going to get worse!  I don't think the BOT will all agree on anyone.  As stated most of the board agreed on Grobe, but not all.  I don't blame Long but White now that's another story.  IF they hire Gus the fan base will still be split,  maybe the fan base will split no matter what.  But I will say that coaches do read a lot from these message boards. I've got it,  we're the reason for all this mess.

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: hSv on December 06, 2007, 10:35:24 am
Back to the drawing board.

You can have all the drawing boards in the world, but if people in front of them are incompetents, what have you got?

Thrilbilly

The problem is we have no chalk. Only crayons!

razorback93

I've never coached or played a down of organized football, but I'll take it.  I'll work for 75k a year. I'll hire gus as oc, I don't care if he makes 20 times more than me.  I'll take names for a good DC.

RocknRollRazorback

December 06, 2007, 11:07:14 am #32 Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 06:36:20 pm by RocknRollRazorback
Quote from: HillbillyRazorback on December 06, 2007, 11:06:01 am
Why would any coach want to come here right after all of the nutt drama that is still in the air. secondly I have heard on a lot of the arkansas sports radio show people blasting jim and not willing to give him a chance. Do we honestly believe that doesn't get back to him. Also posters on hogville are responsible for all of the negativity posted here about him. Would anyone really take a job where you are being badmouthed before you take the job? What happened to us saying that we would support any coach as long as it is not nutt?

nm
"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

Duffer

Crap.  I thought this was a World of Warcraft thread.

ToddW

We are the bama of last year.  Let's just shut down the football program and play soccer instead!
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

dclay89

HIRE GUS... not reggie

ToddW

I was thinking earlier in the week that i thought gus needed a few years, but my stance is take a chance.  If he wants to come here then bring him.  He has already earned his stripes in my book.  If other schools are looking at him then bring him in as HC.  I will back him 100%.  I don't care who is screwing up what.  i just want a HC and I want to stop worrying about the future of the program.
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

ThisLittlePiggie

Just wait until they offer the job to Gus Malzahn and HE TURNS IT DOWN to stay as OC at Tulsa. This administration is now the joke of college football...going back to 1894. See what you created Mr. White? Are you happy now?

Letitbleed

This cannot be happening.  I thought it was a done deal?

JUMPIN JAHOGSAPHAT

Gus is a smart guy.  I'm not so sure he would want anything to do with this fiasco.

Trottsky

The crater, as predicted, grows and grows.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: ThisLittlePiggie on December 06, 2007, 11:19:52 am
Just wait until they offer the job to Gus Malzahn and HE TURNS IT DOWN to stay as OC at Tulsa. This administration is now the joke of college football...going back to 1894. See what you created Mr. White? Are you happy now?

You have just captured my biggest fear in print. Though that is exactly what I want Gus to do, for his sake, it will spell the end of the Razorback football program. It will mean that we can not even attract a homegrown inexperienced hero to coach the state team. We are staring Lunney Sr. square in the face as our next head coach.

Our only hope is that Gus is humble enough and cares enough about us fans and the kids that want to play at Arkansas, that he will graciously bail us out of this mess.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Hawgin84

Quote from: JUMPIN JAHOGSAPHAT on December 06, 2007, 11:22:07 am
Gus is a smart guy.  I'm not so sure he would want anything to do with this fiasco.

I was just thinking of asking a question pertaining to this. Will Gus take this job?

RazorsEdge

We had a similar mess in basketball, but I think most of us are happy with the hire that was made.  I expect the same from the football search.  It will take longer than expected, but I will always be glad they made a change.

sage_dragoon

This thread is fail...I thought it was gonna be about World of Warcraft... ;)
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

centertonhog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 06, 2007, 10:43:10 am
Wow.  I hate to hear that.

Grobe was a good catch. 

If it's really down to Malzahn and Herring, hire Herring and at least bring this thing to a conclusion.

I AGREE!

Hogs-n-Roses

One things for sure, we won't get the truth.

hogilicious

You guys are morons to think Gus is ready to be the next head HOG...I like Gus as much as the next guy, but he is just not proven yet to be our head hog.  Also, he doesn't have the assistant coaches to hire.  He hasn't had long enough to build those up...Give it time and then probably it would work out, but for now MOVE ON!

DeWayne R

When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

razorbear

Why don't we try a year with no head coach?  Just let the fans call the plays in and text the recruits.  Now that would be interesting football there.....
Brutha, you got to get real!