Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 11, 2024, 09:05:43 am

name changes

Started by SquirrelMasterFunk, November 30, 2007, 01:25:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SquirrelMasterFunk

I saw that several people are/have changed their user names after the firing......just curious how would one go about doing that.
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

HOG1947

I have also tried in vain to discover a way to change my user name. I suspect that there is no way for us to do it. The moderators may be able to do it for us though. If indeed it cannot be changed and you have to sign up under a new name if you want it changed, then is the total of almost 30,000 member count not misleading by including multiple user names for the same person? Just wonderin.
We stumble across the truth from time to time but
most of us pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off,
and proceed as if nothing happened.

The art of Diplomacy is being able to say "good dog" until you can find a big rock.

Son of a Hog

A friend of mine just told me about this site and I was in such a hurry to log on that I entered a username that I now want to change. Any idea how to do it? I read where only an Administrator can change it but I don't know how to contact them. I also read that you can delete your account but can't seem to do that either. Please HELP!
Yogi

ArchitectHog

Quote from: dlabat on December 09, 2007, 04:01:27 pm
A friend of mine just told me about this site and I was in such a hurry to log on that I entered a username that I now want to change. Any idea how to do it? I read where only an Administrator can change it but I don't know how to contact them. I also read that you can delete your account but can't seem to do that either. Please HELP!

If you click on any administrators name, it will take you to their profile.  Simply scroll to the bottom and click on "send this member a personal message"  This is the best way to contact a administrator.

Only an administrator can delete your account.  And as for the name change, it's at there discretion as well.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

Doug

Just note that name change requests are at the VERY bottom of the Admin's plate right now..  Keeping the site going is far more important.

Also, do not create duplicate accounts, as we will track those down, delete all duplicates, and you run the risk of being banned on your valid account.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Donald Miller

Soooooooooo, name changes must be done by a Moderator? Is that correct?

Doug

Name changes have to be done by Admins... however, we're not doing any name changes for the time being.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Donald Miller

Quote from: Douglas on December 12, 2007, 12:41:12 pm
Name changes have to be done by Admins... however, we're not doing any name changes for the time being.
Thanks