Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anyone just hear Les Miles say he is preparing for AR-KANSAS!!!

Started by LR Hog, November 19, 2007, 06:42:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LR Hog

I just saw this clip on Sportscenter from his weekly press conference.  He said that he is preparing for AR-KANSAS!!!  Either this guy is an idiot or he is just arrogant pompous ass.
Like a boss.

MDH

Actually that's a good turn of phrase, implying who he thinks they will be playing in the NCG...

Which would mean he's an arrogant, pompus ass, no surprise there.  Still a good way to put it.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: LR Hog on November 19, 2007, 06:42:56 pm
I just saw this clip on Sportscenter from his weekly press conference.  He said that he is preparing for AR-KANSAS!!!  Either this guy is an idiot or he is just arrogant pompous ass.

Les Miles=
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

WholeHogSmoker

Quote from: MDH on November 19, 2007, 06:45:35 pm
Actually that's a good turn of phrase, implying who he thinks they will be playing in the NCG...

My thoughts exactly.  He's looking past us to Kansas for Gold. 

bigyellowdog

hopefully all of the Hog players will be shown that video.  It might work for some type of motivation.

razorvision

Yes... I just got finished listening to his comment as well.  This is too funny!!!  I really hope the Hogs win this game so I can tell all my LSU friends here in Louisiana that they actually got beat by the other Razorback team from Ar-Kansas.
Visit www.rsgcommunications.ws and save big on digital services for your home or office.

LR Hog

Like a boss.

PiggyBack

I don't think les is a smart man or a good coach.  I think he is the benefactor of a state full of talent with one destination.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

Razorberry

I heard that!!  What a moron!!  No wonder LSU fans think he is an IDIOT, even they can say ARKANSAS correctly!!  Go to Michigan, YANK!!!  Oh, and take NUTT with you!  With his texting experience, I am sure he can help you with your grammar!!

Nuttcutter

He's trying to be insulting.  He did that last year as well.

GWFan

Poor ole Les.  He had LSU in the Sugar Bowl last year.  Probably playing for the NC this year.

Houston said "we're definitely going to a bowl....a good bowl!"

MDH

Quote from: GWFan on November 19, 2007, 07:08:43 pm
Poor ole Les.  He had LSU in the Sugar Bowl last year.  Probably playing for the NC this year.

By good bowl does he mean one with cool rollercoasters nearby?
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

GWFan

Quote from: MDH on November 19, 2007, 07:10:15 pm
Quote from: GWFan on November 19, 2007, 07:08:43 pm

By good bowl does he mean one with cool rollercoasters nearby?
So that's what he meant.

Lady Hawg Buff

Powers that be, please no Les Miles.  We don't need another pompous, arrogant jerk for a head coach!!! ::)

PorkBrainz

Go Hogs!

hawgdog2005

Go tigers beat the hogs and send DMW off with his dober in the dirt

Porquer4life

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on November 19, 2007, 06:53:52 pm
He did this last year.

It's to be expected.  He lives in Luziana.  I gay-run-tee.  aaaaaahh,eeeehhhh.

rljjr

Donny2665

Yeah, too bad he isnt a great coach, anyone, even Nutt could of had LSWHO where they are right now with Saban's Recruits. Too bad he isnt going to be there to show his true inabilities.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

bburke12

He's done this since he's been a head coach.  He always got under the skin of OU fans because he would say stuff like this in the summer leading up to the season and the week of the OU/OSU game.  Stoops and Miles used to get after each other through the media, OSU fans loved it, OU fans want him to rot down below.

Footballref

I hate Les Miles and always will he is what I would call an A-Hole.
There is being a confident man but then there is what he is he has not done anything in my mind to
earn anyones respect he did not do anything at OSU in my mind and he is still doing with SATAN's players
we will see what LSU turns into or what he does at MICHIGAN.

Tortfeasor

I heard him say this several weeks ago during his weekly press conference.  He chuckled after he said it.

GeauxTigers99

LOL.........I think you guys may be making a little too much out of this.  Think that's just another example of ol' Lesticles being such a smooth talker.  If it helps, he's getting ripped for it on the LSU boards as well.

AR-KANSAS.........LMAO......sounds like something my yankee wife would say.

texhog

I haven't listened or seen it so I don't know the tone or inflection of his voice to know if he was trying to be funny.  But I have heard that in certain parts of the country, they really do pronounce the name of the state Ar kansas instead of Arkansaw like most everyone else does.  Maybe that's the way he was raised to pronounce it.

Ex-Trumpet

Les Miles is a tard.  Benefactor of some great recruiting and coaching before he came along to LSU...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

GeauxTigers99

rcowen

He has done NOTHING to earn respect in the SEC. Just about any coach could succeed with the talent that comes out of that state. I can't wait till he goes to Michigan. He will fail miserably, and then he'll get a little of that humility that he lacks now.

MDH

Quote from: GeauxTigers99 on November 19, 2007, 08:25:07 pm
Here's a link for those of you that have not heard it.  It's about 2 mins in if I remember correctly.

http://media.swagit.com/s/wbrz/The_Advocate_Sports/11192007-19.high.flash8.html

Ok now that I've actually heard it and seen it, I retract my previous statement.  He's a yankee, plain and simple.  I've had plenty of relatives that had to be corrected when we moved down here when I was a kid.

MediaHog

I work with several people from Kansas. They actually call the Arkansas River, the AR-Kansas River.

DEVICEHIGH

... Either this guy is an idiot or he is just arrogant pompous ass.

Both.

Someday he will run out of talent and everybody will figure this out.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Dr Swineglove

The two choices aren't mutually exclusive.  He can be both.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Hoggish1

Quote from: rcowen on November 19, 2007, 08:28:06 pm
He has done NOTHING to earn respect in the SEC. Just about any coach could succeed with the talent that comes out of that state. I can't wait till he goes to Michigan. He will fail miserably, and then he'll get a little of that humility that he lacks now.

Let him go to Michigan (he can have all the luck there he wants—Big 10 sucks and always will).  I want LSU to have a new coach so they can start a year behind where they would be next year if he stayed.

DC

Quote from: MediaHog on November 19, 2007, 08:48:56 pm
I work with several people from Kansas. They actually call the Arkansas River, the AR-Kansas River.
Yeah and I call Kansas to those kind of people Kan-Saw!
And yes, Miles is an idiot

sozo

Either this guy is an idiot or he is just arrogant pompous ass.

I would say both,having watched him in action at osu.

RazorbackGeek77

Les Miles deliberty called us Ar-kansas at a press conference today.  Not once, not twice, but several times.  Think maybe he's too distracted by the Michigan job so he forgot how to pronounce Arkansas?  Or maybe he just had a corndog shoved down his throat?
Houston Nutt can go from SEC coach of the year in 06 to   
coach at Ole Miss in the time it takes USC to score against
Reggie Herring's defense!

B-mark Hog

I say we get the link and give it to Houston Nutt and the players, perhaps they will exact justice upon the whole state of Lets Sink Underversity (That is what alot of LSU will be doing with the change being brought on due to as GW said, "Globawl Warmin." Then again there is that theory of why Rita and Katrina happend back to back like they did. . . Repent?
Live life to its' fullest because once it is over you have no second chance. I live life to the fullest by loving the times I get to spend as a Razorback. There is nothing better than looking out over the field and knowing that you are apart of one of the most unique colleges in all of America.

HawgWyld

Heh. That's often a ploy used by people who want to irritate Arkansans. I'd wager he's having a bit of fun at our expense.

N HOG

Quote from: PiggyBack on November 19, 2007, 07:02:29 pm
I don't think les is a smart man or a good coach.  I think he is the benefactor of a state full of talent with one destination.

Total agreeance.

Why Michigan would want him is beyond my understanding.

RzBlade

And last year he did not understand the SEC rules and why we were ahead of LSU.
Think he is a bit of a one trick pony, he can coach but besides that he is a buffoon.

Barman91

I truly dont want Miles to go to Michigan.  I am not at all convinced he is a great coach and I want to see his wheels fall off at LSU once Nick's players are gone.

msudawgs64

actually, that is probably the way he says it, remember he is from Michigan.  LOL..

I just heard that and went, good grief.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Westcoasthog

LES MILES YOU PRONOUNCE ARKANSAS NOT AR-KANSAS HOW DUMB AND STUPID CAN YOU BE -
GO HOGS BEAT THE HELL OUT OF LSU!  GO DARREN MCFADDEN WIN THE HEISMAN!