• 382,463 Topics
• 21,387 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats your fav razorback moment?  (Read 7580 times)

mikeirwin

Re: Whats your fav razorback moment?
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2005, 10:19:07 am »

Among those I haven't seen posted yet, some of my favorite to attend were:
Watching the goalposts come down and be carried to Dickson street after beating Tennessee.

Beating #21 (?) Kentucky and #2 Auburn in back to back games to finish the 1999 regular season in basketball. Then Kareem Reid jumped on press row signalling the students to come on down.
Thanks to the SEC office those type moments will fade into history. In the future such demonsrations will result in a big fine.
Sleepy Slive is on a mission to make attending sporting events in the SEC about as exciting as a trip to the library.
"Quiet please. No talking."

Hogghead

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2005, 11:20:19 am »

Arkansas 31 Oklahoma 10! Orange Bowl 1978. Lou Hotlz 1st year and we finished 11-1 and Number 3 in the Nation. (Fricking Texas & Earl Cambell) No Hog team has finished that high in the polls in 27 years. 1994 Hogs Win NCAA Basketball Title! Rollin with Nolan Baby! Suites & Boots! 40 Minutes of pure Hell! Corliss, Scotty, Corey, Dewight, Clint, Darnell, Lee, Al and the rest of the crew! 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

heathshogs

• Senior
  • Great Coach or Greatest Coach?
    • Trough Mesage Board
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2005, 11:23:54 am »

Yep, it only costs $5,000 to rush the court or field once every 3 years. Maybe the Student Government should do like another school and set up a fund to pay for it. The problem is the 2nd time its about $20,000. And a 3rd offense in 3 years is $50,000.

I agree with their idea that rushing the court was getting out of hand at some places, but you're right they are continually cutting the fun out of college athletics.

I'm amazed at some of the things students get warned for at BWA: pictures of a Baby with Brady's head on it, doing anything behind the announcers at halftime, shouting a random curse word after a horrible call, or furthermore starting the "ref you suck" chant. I guess they are trying to cut everything short before it turns into one of these ACC arenas or other places in the country where you have some guys chanting "I killed your father." in reference to a coaches father being fatally beaten. Now that is WAY over the line.

Hogghead

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2005, 11:25:54 am »

You've named most all of them I can think of except I didn't see the basketball win over #1 North Carolina when they had Michael Jordan and we had Joe Kleine.

" The ball goes down to Ballentine in the Corner, Ballentine to the post, He spins, He shoots, It's GOOD! Joe Ballentine Hits it! It's good, it's good, it's good! Arkansas has just knocked off #1 North Carolina here in Pine Bluff!   

Macgyver_Hawg

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2005, 11:28:11 am »

Among those I haven't seen posted yet, some of my favorite to attend were:
Watching the goalposts come down and be carried to Dickson street after beating Tennessee.

Beating #21 (?) Kentucky and #2 Auburn in back to back games to finish the 1999 regular season in basketball. Then Kareem Reid jumped on press row signalling the students to come on down.
Thanks to the SEC office those type moments will fade into history. In the future such demonsrations will result in a big fine.
Sleepy Slive is on a mission to make attending sporting events in the SEC about as exciting as a trip to the library.
"Quiet please. No talking."

Mike, how can Slive still be heading the SEC?  Are we the only ones that feel he's just not what you need for the this conference?  The officiating, the fines for fan celebrations, and asking schools to remove students who yell too much at refs are just a few things that make him almost John White'ish.

heathshogs

• Senior
  • Great Coach or Greatest Coach?
    • Trough Mesage Board
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2005, 11:30:44 am »

Mike, how can Slive still be heading the SEC? Are we the only ones that feel he's just not what you need for the this conference? The officiating, the fines for fan celebrations, and asking schools to remove students who yell too much at refs are just a few things that make him almost John White'ish.

I think this may be part of the problem. While we fans cannot stand him, school officials like John White probably like his style. 

gatecrasher

• Senior
  • GO HOGS GO!!!
    • Gate's FB page.....
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2005, 12:00:29 pm »

I'll never forget the night in Charlotte when we beat Duke...and I was one of the ones on the court as the game ended.  That's one of the things that make college sports so wonderful.  You mean to tell me that that kind of celebrating is being phased out?   How sad is that?   :(

HornetHog

• Senior
  • Hog For Life
    • QUARTERBACK FARM
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2005, 03:00:16 pm »

No comparison........78 Orange Bowl.......There has never been more pre-game hype, drama, and doubt.  Thats what puts this event over the rest.  Championships are up there...US Reid's shot...any time you whip Texas is up there, especially when they are ranked, but nothing had the hype of the Orange Bowl in 78.

Oklahoma Had:
Heisman Trophy winner running back - Billy Sims, All American QB -JC Watts   , All American RB- Kenny King, hell, half of the team was All American.  If that wasn't bad enough, Holtz suspends our starting Tailback and fullback, among other starters.  Also our all American guard, Leotis Harris, tore up his knee in practice before the game.  so at this point we felt like the word "underdog" didn't apply is was so lop-sided......Dan Hampton had fun slapping around their back field while backup running back Roland Sales made history.     The 74 Arkansas vs USC Trojans game actually was very similar.

HH

sooie dog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2005, 04:06:19 pm »

You've named most all of them I can think of except I didn't see the basketball win over #1 North Carolina when they had Michael Jordan and we had Joe Kleine.

" The ball goes down to Ballentine in the Corner, Ballentine to the post, He spins, He shoots, It's GOOD! Joe Ballentine Hits it! It's good, it's good, it's good! Arkansas has just knocked off #1 North Carolina here in Pine Bluff!

I thought it was Charles Ballentine from deep in the corner.

Calvin N Hawgs

• Senior
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2005, 04:14:30 pm »

I was stationed in Germany for the Thurman shot heard round the world.  It was great, but I didn't have anybody to celebrate with.

The 78 Orange Bowl was when I became a Hog fan to the bone.  When Holtz suspended our three guys I thought it was a huge mistake.  I remember at some point during the game Steve Little sneaking unto the huddle on third down and did a quick kick.  I remember Roland Sales running for the Orange Bowl record (It's been broken since)...I was in 7th grade and it was all that was talked about the next day at school!

Good Times,,,...good times!

rricha

• Senior
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2005, 06:17:32 pm »

the baylor games 1979 and 1981

smu 1982

Arkanasas beating North carolina and Michael Joran in 1984 on the shot by Charles  Balentine

Arazorbacknut

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2005, 02:15:39 pm »

Gosh, I loved reading all these. They are all great memories.
My favorite is Thurman's rainbow 3 in the NC against Duke in 94.
I was there in the monsoon, as someone else posted, in 01 in Fayeteville against TN. I too was absolutely SOAKED! But I didn't care. I wish we would have won though.

hognelson

• Senior
  • Ha Ha!
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2005, 09:04:06 pm »

the baylor games 1979 and 1981

smu 1982

Arkanasas beating North carolina and Michael Joran in 1984 on the shot by Charles Balentine
  Oh my, this crap I have been watching this year almost made me forget that little baseline jumper against UNC.  Seems eons ago....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas