Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 17, 2024, 05:31:42 am

NUTT RESIGNS!!!!

Started by moses_007, November 16, 2007, 02:30:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

Strong sources indicate Houston Dale Nutt has tendered his resignation as Arkansas football coach today.  There will be no presser.  The team is on its way from Fayetteville to Little Rock for tomorrow's game with Mississippi State.  Nutt will continue as coach for the next two, and final two, games of his Arkansas career.

HE IS GONE............

Sow’sEar

Silver Hog

Feralhog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2007, 02:30:26 pm
Strong sources indicate Houston Dale Nutt has tendered his resignation as Arkansas football coach today.  There will be no presser.  The team is on its way from Fayetteville to Little Rock for tomorrow's game with Mississippi State.  Nutt will continue as coach for the next two, and final two, games of his Arkansas career.

HE IS GONE............
Let's see, you're only about 2hrs late.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

StoernerJonesFan

You've got to have a little more than that...

Sao Ming

No presser.  LOL.

Just quits without fanfare huh?

moses_007

DeltaBoy

Well I trust Lanny and Lanny posted it earlier!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JIHawg

Sorry, you only have 7,330 posts.  Credibility issues here.

nuttbustr

Nutt resigned, Broyles resigned.....now we need White, Sugg and Lindsey to resign and we can start the healing process.

Rod6275

YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  +++++111111++++1111111++++++11111
Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

moses_007

Watch the papers and keep checking on local television breaking news.

BigE_23

Feralhog

Hell, it's all over the pay boards now and they were an hour behind Lanny.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

badbrad

STRILE

Good riddance.  I don't care how he leaves, just as long as he leaves.  Dork don't go away mad, dork, just go away.  Don't let the door hit ya' where JFB split ya'.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

J.A.Y.

Sao, I just noticed what is spelled out on your sig. NICE!!! +1
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

oldfart

i can only hope you are correct on this......

BigArkyintheRock

And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

razornole

ok it IS FRIDAY, but little early don't ya think?

IF they would announce it I would attend the game.  I won't believe it until the U of A announces it!
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

HoopHog

Uhhhhhhh.... Well, I am sitting at my desk smiling uncontrollably!  :D

moses_007

It's the best news of the year.  When's the big celebration party?  I might just show up.

nahnahrenee

HE IS GONE............

He told Broyles on Wed he wouldn't be back
:razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback:

Sao Ming

Quote from: J.A.Y. on November 16, 2007, 02:34:50 pm
Sao, I just noticed what is spelled out on your sig. NICE!!! +1

Try getting that printed on a tee shirt.  I had more denials than Danny at an Executive Assistant symposium. 

BigArkyintheRock

HE IS GONE............
Amen, Moses!

Moses led the Razorback fans out of mediocrity rejoicing...
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

nahnahrenee

:razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback:

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: Sao Ming on November 16, 2007, 02:32:43 pm
No presser.  LOL.

Just quits without fanfare huh?

I guess this means Sao will have to change his signature soon?  It's a classic.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

moses_007

Quote from: BigArkyintheRock on November 16, 2007, 02:38:15 pm

HE IS GONE............
Amen, Moses!

Now we're all heading to the Promised Land.  Bring on Jimmy Johnson or Butch Davis....

Porkem

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Pigdiana Jones

source plz or it didn't happen.

If this is indeed true, he'll go out with his current players playing strong and make it look like "they loved their coach and finished strong for HDN." Mark my words, it will be exactly that and the retardoo crew on CBS will be slobbering over nutts.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

bosshawg38

Resigned??? But he's such a winner!...and a fighter!

Sarcasm heavily intended.

OH HAPPY DAY!

BigArkyintheRock

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2007, 02:39:49 pm

Quote from: BigArkyintheRock on November 16, 2007, 02:38:15 pm

HE IS GONE............
Amen, Moses!

Now we're all heading to the Promised Land.  Bring on Jimmy Johnson or Butch Davis....
The land that floweth with milk and honey and SEC Championships and BCS Bowls and National Championships, brother!

Sow’sEar

GBoling5000

Quote from: salebow on November 16, 2007, 02:41:55 pm
source plz or it didn't happen.

If this is indeed true, he'll go out with his current players playing strong and make it look like "they loved their coach and finished strong for HDN." Mark my words, it will be exactly that and the retardoo crew on CBS will be slobbering over nutts.

Let 'em slobber.  Who cares as long as he is GONE!!!!!!

BigArkyintheRock

moses_007

They need to go ahead and announce it though so it will be "official."

hog_fan

Quote from: Feralhog on November 16, 2007, 02:32:25 pm

HE IS GONE............
Let's see, you're only about 2hrs late.

Try days. People here and other boards have said this for aleast a week now. I believe it became 100% in last two weeks.

Hollywood_HOGan45

will this be reported in the media?

Rhog

You are correct in your post I know that my status is only a bench warmer but I heard this morning from someone that is "really close" to the situation that Nutt was indeed resigning.  This is a great day!!

OTTER

I just grabbed my bottle of Maker's Mark and poured a double!!!  Cheers, my friends, cheers!! I toast you all!!!!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

moses_007

Nutt wants the word out now so he will have a "good excuse" if he loses the last two games.

Sow’sEar

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2007, 02:44:25 pm
They need to go ahead and announce it though so it will be "official."
"if its okay I'd like to wait for the official verification"  -Barney Fife.

Merle Hawggard

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

moses_007

Whoever just moved this to rumors will find out this weekend it isn't a rumor.

sitting out

Not a rumor. Look for official word today. Might not be a presser but someone from the UofA will officially confirm.

scootman

In the words of the late, great Paul Eells...

Touchdown Arkansas!!
A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

sonicbob

This is the same thing I heard Wednesday from one of the deciders.  Said it was decided Tuesday.

No word on any potential replacement and I didn't ask.

moses_007

This thread's getting more views in rumors than it did in MMQB..........

OTTER

I will be listening to SportsRap today-- hope they have some info.  Wally, tell us some good news!!!!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!