Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting alot of PG's

Started by Beaverfever, November 14, 2007, 08:44:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaverfever

I am excited as hell about these recruits we're getting but anyone know what the deal is with all our guard recruits being pgs.  We already have britt and welsh as pgs on the team and we're set to add fortson and joyner.  From what i've heard both seem like straight up pgs.  That would make 4.  Also, Clarke is probably going to sign up and he is a combo guard.  So which of these guys has the potential to play a SG?  They can't  all play the point.  Maybe pel prefers a certain style of guard reguardless of position.

hawgsav1

Britt was a last minute addition onto the PG class because to run and gun, we're gonna need some depth at PG.  The only "true" PG we have is Gary Ervin.  Both Welsh and Beverley can manage at the point, but they are better as shooters.  We're gonna have to get some good ball handlers so we can split up those minutes correctly so I don't mind doing that.  Getting more PGs will leave Welsh and Beverley on the wing to do what they do best...shoot.  You don't need so much size for your guards.  I do agree that we might need some more size overall however.  I hope Payne commits, which will give us a nice inside Juco presence for a few seasons. The only thing I'm worried about now is wingman depth.  I hope we can get jenirro bush or someone like that in the 09 season.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb