Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Buckeye Nation is Crying

Started by hoginator, November 14, 2007, 03:16:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

hogcard100

That's pathetic.

The Big 10 (or little 11) is simply not very good.

YIKES

sounds like the "good ole" SWC
"When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you." Nietzsche

SacredGroove

Sounds like the current big 12 and Texass.

clockwisehog

So are they saying the refs should have called the game in FAVOR of Ohio State because they could go to the NC?!?  That makes sense....
"Doctors are always trying to tell me, you've got to start slowing it down.  But there's more old drunks than there are old Doctors, so I guess we should have another round" -- Willie Nelson

Dr Swineglove

I'm reaching for my hankie as I type, and I'm and OSU fan, by the way.  OSU flat-out got beat - that simple.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

hoginator

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on November 14, 2007, 03:34:52 pm
I'm reaching for my hankie as I type, and I'm and OSU fan, by the way.  OSU flat-out got beat - that simple.
+1 to you for taking it like a man...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

inhognation

Illinois held the ball for the last 8:09 seconds of that game by making first down after first down.  Where is Ohio State's beef.  They just got beat that day.

Col.Mccoy

Its a good thing they got beat because LSU or oregon would have stomped there a$$ for the championship
We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union. - Lone Watie

rcowen

Quote from: Col.Mccoy on November 14, 2007, 04:07:15 pm
Its a good thing they got beat because LSU or oregon would have stomped there a$$ for the championship

Yeah, and that's a game i would have made some HUGE bets on. OVER!!!

songofthesword

if you cannot get the ball back in the 4th quarter, you are not ac hampionship team.. the championsihp is supposed to go to the BEST team...

hogchic2001

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on November 14, 2007, 03:34:52 pm
LMAO!  Good one.
Go HOGS Go!

805 SOCALHOG

The Luckeyes still think they beat Miami. The side judge who had Harry Caray glasses on threw the flag for Pass Interference like he forget what he was doing. That flag came out minutes after the play was over on 4th down. Gamble looked at him with puppy dog eyes and the ref scrambled for his flag. He looked like an idiot and to this day is the worst call in a big spot ever.

razorbass

I'm Not sorry for them I can't stand Ohio St. (have two brother in law's there)

Razor8

I dont think Ohio St deserved to be in th NC game last year and i feel the same way this year - to me the NC game needs to have 2 teams that have been tested during the season - so we dont end up with a but whipping like we had last year - although i loved it for the SEC.
Also I think Kansas is currently overrated - if they beat Mizz and OU then i will have a different oppinion.
Razorbacks

HatfieldHawg

I love it when the Big 10 struggles.  Here is a link to a top ten list on why the SEC is better than the Big 10.

http://sectoast.blogspot.com/

StoernerJonesFan

November 14, 2007, 04:50:47 pm #16 Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 04:52:36 pm by StoernerJonesFan
Quote from: 805 SOCALHOG on November 14, 2007, 04:34:41 pm
The Luckeyes still think they beat Miami. The side judge who had Harry Caray glasses on threw the flag for Pass Interference like he forget what he was doing. That flag came out minutes after the play was over on 4th down. Gamble looked at him with puppy dog eyes and the ref scrambled for his flag. He looked like an idiot and to this day is the worst call in a big spot ever.

What about the "out of bounds pass" that Gamble caught in the 4th?  You see, jerks like you who just dont like the big 10 have fun pointing the finger at Ohio St. saying that late pass interference was a blown call. 
Well check out the 4th quarter when gamble caught a pass on 3rd and long, established control, and then rolled out of bounds.  After that, OSU punted, Miami drove for a TD leading to the OT's. 

If you dont like the Big 10 (this goes out to EVERYONE), then fine.  But if you want to talk about blown calls in the OSU-Miami NC, then look at the one in the 4th Quarter that gives OSU the victory w/o even leading to overtimes.  I'm convinced SEC is the superior conference and Big 10 is usually a 3-4 team show...but you haters of the Big 10 are just plain dumb.

But of course, everyone thinks their conference is the best and all the others are weak...

Calvin N Hawgs

That was pathetic. 

He didn't site even one instance where the officiating crew made a bad call (or non call) during the game between Illinois and Ohio State...

spudhog

big ten needs to worry about a few other things

1) Name- They have 11 teams, for goodness sakes, your the Big 11!!!
2) Competitive Balance- Teams like Northwestern, Indiana and others don't have a shot year in year out. Their stadium's are shoe boxes with lights. I couldn't imagine what their weight rooms and etc. look like. This also goes by marketing other teams than their big 2. The only people who were crying outside of michigan after they lost to app st was the powers that be in the conference. What was going to happen to their "big game" at the end of the season. The sec has a dozen or more big games a year. Big 10 has one.
3) Personality- Their coaches are stiff's and their players are stiff's. No personality and no fun.
4) Quit relying on the the Press -Troy Smith won the Heisman because of their Press. Psu still get's coverage on espn because of their press. Let your playing/coaching do the talking instead of the press.
5) Beano Cook- Espn still puts this old timer on tv to talk about paterno, bo, woody and whoever else is old enough to sign the constitution. Out with the old, in with the new. Colin Cowherd is the unofficial spokesperson for the sec. The Big 10 could use a new one as well.

txrzrbk

Quote from: hogcard100 on November 14, 2007, 03:22:38 pm
That's pathetic.

The Big 10 (or little 11) is simply not very good.

Yea, even us may be able to go 4-4 in the conference if we get the breaks.

pigslop

"That group called just three penalties, one on Illinois and two on Ohio State."

ONLY 3!!! and they are bad officials?
Sound like they let them play ball.
:razorback:

prairiehogcompanion

turdferguson1

I just want to say thank God I graduated from a Big 10 school.

805 SOCALHOG

I have no problem with the Big Ten. It's obvious that all the teams in the conference have problems with speed teams. Zook is bringing in athletes and he is having success. They are having a down year. If the SEC was weak I would be the first saying it.
As far as the lack of call in the Fiesta Bowl, the Gamble play was not the determining factor in the game. That was the last play of the game. I thought that call was weak. If you are going to make any call stand behind it and not be baited into something.

CO-Hog

I remember that OSU-Miami game too - too bad it couldn't just end in a tie cuz I hate both conferences and teams.  The Big 10 however is soooo SERIOUSLY over rated and Florida (SEC) proved that last year.

CO-Hog

Oh, and btw, OSU better just stop their crying the game is over and they LOST (THANK GOD ALMIGHTY).  Now woosconsin or Meeeeechigan will contend they're NC teams to be considered.

Donny2665

Im pissed too, I wanted to see the Buckeyes get there butt's whipped by another SEC team.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

StoernerJonesFan

Quote from: 805 SOCALHOG on November 14, 2007, 07:02:56 pm
I have no problem with the Big Ten. It's obvious that all the teams in the conference have problems with speed teams. Zook is bringing in athletes and he is having success. They are having a down year. If the SEC was weak I would be the first saying it.
As far as the lack of call in the Fiesta Bowl, the Gamble play was not the determining factor in the game. That was the last play of the game. I thought that call was weak. If you are going to make any call stand behind it and not be baited into something.
The point I'm trying to make is that there shouldnt have even been an OT.  If people want to start pointing fingers at bad calls, then the one in the 4th in Miami's favor should be acknowledged as well.

babywhiz

Safe is boring. Sweet insanity is the voice saying "I bet we can fit one more in there."