Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston to Baylor 2nd time around.

Started by anthonytkr, November 14, 2007, 09:14:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonytkr

Since my original post is no-where to be found on this board, it has been requested that i re-post. Nutt will not be fired, he will leave on his own to take the Baylor job. That is why no new coach is going to be announced for them. No Mike Singletary is not going to Baylor.

John Futrall

Oklahawg

Quote from: anthonytkr on November 14, 2007, 09:14:07 am
Since my original post is no-where to be found on this board, it has been requested that i re-post. Nutt will not be fired, he will leave on his own to take the Baylor job. That is why no new coach is going to be announced for them. No Mike Singletary is not going to Baylor.

Nothing in this day and age disappears. It is "resting" somewhere!

Nutt to Baylor has had legs since before SMU fired its coach. Nutt to Baylor was the first substantive rumor of the coaching carousel season.

I've posted several times that Baylor has issues with Singletary or he'd already have been their coach. Not that he won't be this time -- nothing is set in stone until signatures are on the paper and there's a presser.

I've heard nothing to deny this, however.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 14, 2007, 09:19:24 am
nothing is set in stone until signatures are on the paper and there's a presser.

and sometimes that isn't enough... See Altman.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

cosmodrum

nothing is set in stone until signatures are on the paper and there's a presser.

Then again...

see Dana Altman

(I agree with ya, just picking at an old scab)
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: ArkieRebel on November 14, 2007, 09:21:12 am

and sometimes that isn't enough... See Altman.

Beat me to it...
Go away, batin'

HogISH™

i heard the same thing last night on nutt and baylor... and this was from someone that can not spell message boards but a big money man.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

Oklahawg

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 14, 2007, 09:22:09 am

Then again...

see Dana Altman

True. I'm busted. Dana Altman situations don't happen very often. Thankfully. If it happened at UA twice in a row it would be the equivalent of getting hit by lightening right after winning the lottery.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

cosmodrum

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 14, 2007, 09:24:48 am
Quote from: cosmodrum on November 14, 2007, 09:22:09 am

Then again...

see Dana Altman

True. I'm busted. Dana Altman situations don't happen very often. Thankfully. If it happened at UA twice in a row it would be the equivalent of getting hit by lightening right after winning the lottery.

So you're saying there's a chance...
Go away, batin'

upperdeck_hawg

if this is true, my sympathies go out to baylor
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

anthonytkr

OTTER

November 14, 2007, 09:34:49 am #11 Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 11:04:27 am by OTTER
Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on November 14, 2007, 09:28:35 am
Not mine.  I think they are getting a fine coach who will lead them to the football promise land. ;) ;) ;)
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Justme

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on November 14, 2007, 09:28:35 am
Mine, too.  Doesn't seem like a good fit.  They have no idea what they're getting.

HogISH™

Quote from: anthonytkr on November 14, 2007, 09:33:31 am
Quote from: mikeyg31 on November 14, 2007, 09:18:53 am
Ok, I'll do it...
Source?
He's the AD for a school in Fayettville.

same one that is good friends w/ a lindsey?

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

DeltaBoy

With Baylors fortunes since joining the big 12 the Bears will be delighted with a 500 coach!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

anthonytkr

Quote from: HogISH™ on November 14, 2007, 09:42:45 am
Ok, I'll do it...
Source?

HogISH

Bingo! Jim is holding up the vote to fire Nutt because of their close friendship. 10 more days!

John Futrall

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: anthonytkr on November 14, 2007, 09:46:19 am
Ok, I'll do it...
Source?

HogISH

Bingo! Jim is holding up the vote to fire Nutt because of their close friendship. 10 more days!

Forgive me for being stupid.  But what does this mean?

biggiepiggie

Was Broyles fired?  Of course.  He was forced out and it amounts to the same
thing.  Same thing with Nutt, he's being forced out, call it what you will.  If a
school can fire a Stan Heath with better results it can fire a Houston Nutt.

Oklahawg

QuoteForgive me for being stupid.  But what does this mean?

It means that Lindsey is attempting to pressure BOT types to muscle the university into NOT firing him until Nutt has had a chance to land at Baylor or SMU.

I've written this many times as I believe it with a lot of conviction -- this BOT has no say in the firing or not-firing of HDN.

They do, however, want to be kept "up to speed" on major decisions that affect the overall health and welfare of the university. Their positions on Nutt have to do with their general position on how the football team affects the overall health and welfare of the university.

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 14, 2007, 09:55:35 am

It means that Lindsey is attempting to pressure BOT types to muscle the university into NOT firing him until Nutt has had a chance to land at Baylor or SMU.

I've written this many times as I believe it with a lot of conviction -- this BOT has no say in the firing or not-firing of HDN.

They do, however, want to be kept "up to speed" on major decisions that affect the overall health and welfare of the university. Their positions on Nutt have to do with their general position on how the football team affects the overall health and welfare of the university.

Ok, then this begs three): 

a.  If the BOT has no say in this, then what's the point of pressuring them? 

b.  Who DOES have the say?  And have they 'said'?

c.  What happens if HDN doesn't land at Baylor or SMU?  Is the muscle there to push him out the door anyway?  And if so, whose muscle is it?  I am very doubtful about the Baylor situation.  SMU I don't know about.

Calling All Hogs

Wow. Baylor will soon have a national championship under construction and a fence around
Waco. Lucky Baylor! Need to notify the new UA coach not to bother recruiting in the Waco area.
:D

Oklahawg

Quote from: OneLardAlmighty on November 14, 2007, 09:59:29 am

Ok, then this begs three): 

a.  If the BOT has no say in this, then what's the point of pressuring them?

They can, in turn, pressure those that do the hiring/firing. They advise the people managers but do little hiring/firing themselves.

Quoteb.  Who DOES have the say?  And have they 'said'?

Under Broyles, there was a network of power types that had influence on big decisions. Long will have his own network soon enough, the folks whose financial and political support drive the athletic department. Its what makes this so unique and hard to decipher. The best bet is one of two scenarios:

1. White fires, Long hires.
2. Long hires and fires after January 1.

Quotec.  What happens if HDN doesn't land at Baylor or SMU?  Is the muscle there to push him out the door anyway?  And if so, whose muscle is it?  I am very doubtful about the Baylor situation.  SMU I don't know about.

Plenty of muscle. Do you hear anything/anyone on the national scene saying Nutt is staying? The muscle in Nutt's camp is only able to leverage enough for Nutt to have a chance to bail or bargain his way out the door vs a straight-up firing.

The Truth

Quote from: CallMeHog on November 14, 2007, 10:00:06 am
Wow. Baylor will soon have a national championship under construction and a fence around
Waco. Lucky Baylor! Need to notify the new UA coach not to bother recruiting in the Waco area.
:D

And think of how much love the Baylor helmet is about to get! Love, love, love....
The Truth hurts.

josh_sec33

You know, I think it would be hilarious if DMW left to Baylor, realized very quickly that he didn't like it there, pulls an Altman, and then asks Arkansas to take him back...

And White said no.

:)
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

nahnahrenee

Quote from: anthonytkr on November 14, 2007, 09:46:19 am
Ok, I'll do it...
Source?

HogISH

I hate to go against a fellow Cabotian BUT, this is incorrect information.  It may have been true a few months ago but not today.  Big Jim is POed at Nutt for several reasons now and there is no going back.  Lindsey pushed for the Gus hire in the first place and hasn't been happy since the David Lee hire.  Losing 4 SEC games after that was the nail in the coffin for Nutt.

Baylor or no Baylor.  Job or not Job.  Buyout or not Buyout.  Nutt is GONE!  Mark my words!
:razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback:

wbs gurl

Rumor has it that his house is on the market.  Of course, that's just a rumor.

OneLardAlmighty

I'd like to believe this, but unless Singletary has already turned them down, I don't think there is any way in hades that Nutt goes to Baylor.

There is huge fan sentiment in support of Singletary.  Many people are still angry that they by-passed him for Guy Morriss.  They will be up in arms if they pass on him again.  There's been a lot of controversy and division down there; the administration won't want more of it because of this hire.

Singletary also seems to have the support of Grant Teaff, who remains popular and powerful down there. 

Maybe y'all or Big Jim knows something I don't, but I don't just see Nutt-to-BU happening.  I don't know what that does to the credibility of the rest of these speculations.

Feralhog

Quote from: HogISH™ on November 14, 2007, 09:24:40 am
i heard the same thing last night on nutt and baylor... and this was from someone that can not spell message boards but a big money man.

HogISH
Well my friend, just because someone posts on a message board doesn't mean they aren't reliable.  We have several posters who's creadability is as good as it gets.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

LuckyGiraffe

Actually if I may quote the first sentence of Nutt's Coaching contract with the UA:

"This Employment Agreement is made between THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS ("the University") for the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville ("UAF") and Houston Nutt ("Coach").

I am not yelling the capitalized portion.  It is really capitalized in the actual document.

Nutt was "hired" by the BOT, therefore he MUST be "fired" or "bought out" by the BOT.

The four signatures on that contract don't mean squat until the BOT votes to accept it.

bigarrazorback

Well my friend, just because someone posts on a message board doesn't mean they aren't reliable.  We have several posters who's creadability is as good as it gets.
[/quote]
Like Whom?

Feralhog

Quote from: bigarrazorback on November 14, 2007, 10:51:13 am

Like Whom?
Anyone with the label ADMINISTRATOR below their name for starters.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Master B

I don't get it.  Nutt doesn't deserve anything.  FIRE him now, and humiliate him like he has done to Gus, Mitch, Beck, Damien, Ben, Wally, etc.  No one is going to hire this a$$clown.  It's great to hear the national media talk about what a great fit Nutt is here, and we'd be stupid to fire him, and then now that he is shopping for jobs, NO ONE wants him.  Not even a small private school located in the armpit of texas.  

bigarrazorback

Quote from: Feralhog on November 14, 2007, 10:56:58 am
Quote from: bigarrazorback on November 14, 2007, 10:51:13 am

Like Whom?
Anyone with the label ADMINISTRATOR below their name for starters.
works for me thanks

The Great Hambino

scootman

Ok, I will try to explain this hiring/firing procedure so that everyone understands it. I know this because I am in public education and it works the same way as higher ed.

The BOT is the only entity who can hire/fire anyone, unless they specifically give someone else the authority to do so, such as making a hire/firing someone. It still has to be voted on by the BOT.

The BOT CANNOT hire/fire ANYONE directly without a recommendation to do so by the Chancellor. The BOT CANNOT recommend anyone being hired/fired. They take the recommendation of the Chancellor and vote on it one way or another.

Now, they can UNOFFICALLY exert a great deal of pressure on the Chancellor to make a recommendation so that they can vote on it.

This is the way it works.

Sooo...for HDN to be fired a couple of things have to happen. The AD usually (but not neccessarily) would make a recommendation to the Chancellor, He would then either make a recommendation (or not) to the BOT and then they vote to accept (or not) the Chancellor's recommendation.
A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

Razorhio

Quote from: Master B on November 14, 2007, 10:58:00 am
I don't get it.  Nutt doesn't deserve anything.  FIRE him now, and humiliate him like he has done to Gus, Mitch, Beck, Damien, Ben, Wally, etc.  No one is going to hire this a$$clown.  It’s great to hear the national media talk about what a great fit Nutt is here, and we’d be stupid to fire him, and then now that he is shopping for jobs, NO ONE wants him.  Not even a small private school located in the armpit of texas.  

I agree.  Nutt doesn't deserve the courtesy.  Especially considering the mess he's created that we're going to be dealing with for the next couple years.  (Lack of recruiting, lack of a passing game, etc.)

LuckyGiraffe

Quote from: scootman on November 14, 2007, 11:03:46 am
Ok, I will try to explain this hiring/firing procedure so that everyone understands it. I know this because I am in public education and it works the same way as higher ed.

The BOT is the only entity who can hire/fire anyone, unless they specifically give someone else the authority to do so, such as making a hire/firing someone. It still has to be voted on by the BOT.

The BOT CANNOT hire/fire ANYONE directly without a recommendation to do so by the Chancellor. The BOT CANNOT recommend anyone being hired/fired. They take the recommendation of the Chancellor and vote on it one way or another.

Now, they can UNOFFICALLY exert a great deal of pressure on the Chancellor to make a recommendation so that they can vote on it.

Sooo...for HDN to be fired a couple of things have to happen. The AD usually (but not neccessarily) would make a recommendation to the Chancellor, He would then either make a recommendation (or not) to the BOT and then they vote to accept (or not) the Chancellor's recommendation.

or the BOT explains that if the Chancellor doesn't do what they want, the Chancellor will be fired also.

scootman

Quote from: hawgfan923 on November 14, 2007, 11:07:47 am

or the BOT explains that if the Chancellor doesn't do what they want, the Chancellor will be fired also.

Yep, because the Chancellor is the ONLY person who's fate is in DIRECT control of the BOT. They CAN fire him without anyone's say so, period.

Now, we all know how things work behind the scenes but this is as put by someone else, the "legal" ascpect of how it works.
A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

blue

Thank you. I have tried to explain this before. You laid it out in better detail. There are always politics involved, but this is most definately what will happen.

Oklahawg

Quote from: hawgfan923 on November 14, 2007, 11:07:47 am

Common practice dictates that the hiring/firing occurs further down the food chain as the BOT has given that authority to the Chancellor, who gives it the various Deans of Colleges and Athletic Directors.

The contract between a faculty member is technically between the BOT and that member. But they don't ever appear before the Dean. Most won't even appear before the CHancellor. THey are hired by some combination of department committees and the Dean/department chairs.

Its similar to your local school board: the board signs the contracts but the principals hire the teachers. The superintendent is involved if its a high profile position (ie, head coach) or its a principal. Sometimes the board is involved with principals but not always (smaller schools = more board involvement).

Specifics will differ, school to school. FOr example, if your Chancellor is on a plan of improvement by the BOT the BOT could take some of the Chancellor's authority to hire/fire until the plan of improvement has been completed successfully.
Quote from: hawgfan923 on November 14, 2007, 10:50:04 am

Actually if I may quote the first sentence of Nutt's Coaching contract with the UA:

"This Employment Agreement is made between THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS ("the University") for the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville ("UAF") and Houston Nutt ("Coach").

I am not yelling the capitalized portion.  It is really capitalized in the actual document.

Nutt was "hired" by the BOT, therefore he MUST be "fired" or "bought out" by the BOT.

The four signatures on that contract don't mean squat until the BOT votes to accept it.

The signatures don't mean squat, correct. The BOT vote is a courtesy vote.

They will accept the recommendation of the Chancellor (or whomever is next in the chain of command). Any disagreement occurs before the contract is offered, with the BOT and Chancellor discreetly getting on the same page. For example, you would never see a split vote to employ someone. Fire someone? Sure, but not hire someone.

PulledPork

This just in..................

Nutt to Hell!

Source? 

Bible

Pulled out....

Cartoon Man

hawgrider

How would the foundation fall into the hiring process since some of the augmented money for salary would come from them? What level would that include FB in the hiring process.

HeismanHopeful2007

November 14, 2007, 11:58:38 am #44 Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:00:48 pm by HeismanHopeful2007
Please for the love of god provide some legitimate sources for these "RUMORS"!!!!!!!

Nothing in this day and age disappears. It is "resting" somewhere!

Nutt to Baylor has had legs since before SMU fired its coach. Nutt to Baylor was the first substantive rumor of the coaching carousel season.

I've posted several times that Baylor has issues with Singletary or he'd already have been their coach. Not that he won't be this time -- nothing is set in stone until signatures are on the paper and there's a presser.

I've heard nothing to deny this, however.
Please provide sources for these rediculous posts...I mean "rumors"

anthonytkr

I don't believe anyone on here is obligated to reveal whom their sources are rather ledgit or not. Not being in fear of being wrong, but more to the fact that we know the UA has trolls on here daily. Lets say i do indulge your curiosity and give them up only for it to get back to them causing this person on to loose their job or position. Sometimes we must just choose to believe or not.

anthonytkr

HogISH

Get ready to sticky my post its getting close!!

HogISH™

Quote from: anthonytkr on November 16, 2007, 01:18:27 pm

HogISH

you ready :)

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

BigArkyintheRock

Quote from: HogISH™ on November 16, 2007, 02:15:58 pm
Quote from: anthonytkr on November 16, 2007, 01:18:27 pm

HogISH

you ready :)

HogISH
I was born ready :)
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

nuttbustr

November 16, 2007, 02:17:49 pm #49 Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 02:19:39 pm by nuttbustr
I heard the same thing...Nutt to Baylor....Butch to Ark. Heard Nutt put his house on the market and that Tim Horton didn't buy a house this year because he knew he wasn't coming back.