Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pelphrey Plays In Red-White Game (Photos)

Started by TipsterHog, October 26, 2007, 11:41:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baitshop

Great photo's!!.....Thanks....

Now THATS a Basketball coach!!!......
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

aaron_c

awesome that he actually played, i'm impressed.  how did he do?

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: aaron_c on October 27, 2007, 12:07:16 am
awesome that he actually played, i'm impressed.  how did he do?

Like 1-3 or so. Hit a 3 after air-balling his first one. Got a few boards and an assist or two.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Adam Stokes

Thanks for providing the photos, Pel looks really funny in that top picture.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Harrisonhogfan

October 27, 2007, 06:56:45 pm #6 Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 07:56:38 pm by Harrisonhogfan
+100 to Coach Pel!!!!! Hawgball is back! What better recruiting tool with Clarke in town then to hop in and play with the team.

realistic fan

I love Pelphrey. I only hope we can keep him for a few years.

jbcarol

Looking ahead

In an e-mail message last week, reader Tom Atkinson looked past Billy Gillispie and into UK's basketball future.

"Hopefully John is the next coach at Kentucky," he wrote, meaning former Cat player John Pelphrey, who starts his first season as Arkansas coach. "We need someone who knows what a 'religion' Kentucky basketball is to the area."

Atkinson, 61, was born in Cynthiana and raised in Paris. He's a retired United States probation officer. He lives in Lakeland, Fla.

Pelphrey plays

Much to the delight of a crowd of 5,832, ex-Cat John Pelphrey, 39, became a player-coach for Arkansas in Friday night's Red-White intrasquad game. He came off the bench for the White team with 8:45 left in the first half.

"You've got to love that," forward Charles Thomas told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. "When the coach comes into the game with his players, you know he's really into it. It's awesome that he takes so much pride in the program and wants to do everything he can for us."

Arkansas Athletic Director Frank Broyles said he was told before the game Pelphrey might play, but didn't believe it.

"I think it's great that he's playing," Broyles told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. "I think it fired up the fans. I know it fired me up."

Pelphrey played eight minutes, all in the first half, and finished 1-for-3 from the field, hitting a three-pointer from 21 feet. His first shot attempt sailed well past the goal.

"That was a pass," Pelphrey said.

Pelphrey also had an attempt under the basket, but was blocked by Thomas.

"Nobody is getting anything easy down there, coach or not," Thomas said.

Pelphrey joked after the game that Thomas would be suspended for blocking his shot.

Pelphrey played because three players -- sophomore guard Patrick Beverley, senior guard Gary Ervin and sophomore forward Michael Washington -- missed the game for disciplinary reasons, and freshman guard Nate Rakestraw was sidelined after undergoing surgery for a broken finger.

That left the Razorbacks with just 10 players.

But don't look for Pelphrey to play again.

"I'm done. I'm retired," he said. "Stick a fork in me."

http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/214906.html
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Harrisonhogfan

It is good to see we have a coach that others really want!