Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kale Pick decommits...

Started by The Realist, October 22, 2007, 10:47:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Realist

"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Hollywood_HOGan45

wow

did not expect that one to jump ship but i cant say i blame him.

And we didnt recruit that other QB in arkansas. Tyler forgot his last name.

These good QBs jump ship so fast it just messes you up.

grayhawg

Do you blame him? Until we FIRE NUTT, kids will have second thoughts about coming here.

Conway Cool Daddy

I hate to bash the kid, but I'm glad.

Ryan Sorhan caliber at best. We don't need anymore clip holders or bad Wrs.

Maybe we can pick up a good Cb instead of wasting the schollie.

Hawgballz

I hope we can bring Nathan Stanley in, if Pick is truly going somewhere else.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

oldfart

did he commit to somewhere else or just decommit to us?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on October 22, 2007, 11:04:26 am

Sorahan was pretty good actually. Considering we only throw to one, pre-determined WR, and only practice passes at 30% of the time in practice, I'd say he did well when he got in the game. That and the fact he was a pure passer brought in, only to see he was being forced into an option offense thrown together because our coaching staff couldn't create a balanced one on their own with the 4 QBs they tried out BEFORE playing Matt Jones.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

cardinalhawg

I do not know if it is because he thinks there might be a coaching change or that he does not like the direction of the offense at the U of A, but still he would seem to fit the current regime better in regards to him being a mobile QB.  I guess he needs to be making decisions soon, if he plans to enroll somewhere for the Spring Semester.

cardinalhawg

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 22, 2007, 11:40:50 am

Sorahan was pretty good actually. Considering we only throw to one, pre-determined WR, and only practice passes at 30% of the time in practice, I'd say he did well when he got in the game. That and the fact he was a pure passer brought in, only to see he was being forced into an option offense thrown together because our coaching staff couldn't create a balanced one on their own with the 4 QBs they tried out BEFORE playing Matt Jones.

Perhaps Sorahan would have been good in the right system, but still I would rather have Matt Jones out there as QB.  The blocking for Sorahan wasn't great, but it seemed that he was slow of foot and would hold on to the ball too long.

jpenrod1

Kale was one of the players i was most excited about. He was fast and had a strong arm, that was very accurate. I hope we can convince him to come back.

The_Champ

Good Kid, but I was a bit surprized we didn't go after a higher quality QB. Pick isn't better than Youngblood or Nathan Dick. It would be hard for him to step in anyways. He is out for the season and I don't see his scholarships going up. If scouts can't watch you play then you didn't get offers. Anyone can make a highlight tape...

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

The_Iceman

Patience fellas...

We have Nathan Dick redshirting and Jim Youngblood coming in too.

With Houston gone, the new Coach will be able to recruit the QB he wants for his system.

Cresthog

As soon as we get a new coach recruits will come crawling there way back. Its a long time to signing day.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Cresthog on October 22, 2007, 01:19:26 pm
As soon as we get a new coach recruits will come crawling there way back. Its a long time to signing day.

Right now, I don't expect anyone to be crawling there way back. Why would they? Too much un-certainty.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

dougieritch

Quote from: cardinalhawg on October 22, 2007, 12:07:20 pm
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 22, 2007, 11:40:50 am

Perhaps Sorahan would have been good in the right system, but still I would rather have Matt Jones out there as QB.  The blocking for Sorahan wasn't great, but it seemed that he was slow of foot and would hold on to the ball too long.

I have to agree with cardinal on this one, Ryan threw a pretty ball...Hooten just couldn't/can't develop QB's.  I remember Ryan brought us back to beat UNLV in Little Rock in 2001.

hog37

Told you guys this was coming last week.  He's headed to KU.

Nutts and Bolts

Someone needs to interview this kid... Might be very interesting to hear why. Well, interesting for us darksiders
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

VenturaHog

Cresthog

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on October 22, 2007, 01:26:55 pm
Quote from: Cresthog on October 22, 2007, 01:19:26 pm

Right now, I don't expect anyone to be crawling there way back. Why would they? Too much un-certainty.

Thats why I said as soon as we get a new coach...

blueshog2001

I think Pick saw the writing on the wall and knew he would end up at CB.

Hawgballz

Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: VenturaHog on October 22, 2007, 02:12:24 pm
Is he going to k-state?

He decommitted because Kansas (Not K St) has been all over him. And now that they're ranked considerably high, they can back up their chirping. Too bad the Big 12 is a joke and Kansas would maybe have 2 wins in the SEC.

kawhog

Kansas all the way in this one.  It's been no secret up here in Kansas that Pick has been taking unofficial trips to Lawrence to watch the Jayhawks this season while verbally committed to us.   Sadly, I can't fault the kid.  KU plays the perfect offense for Pick's skills.  For those who have been able to see him in high school the last couple of seasons can vouch Pick is going to be a good one at the next level.  This sucks!

PigWig

Quote from: cshivley1 on October 22, 2007, 03:22:28 pm
Is he going to k-state?

He decommitted because Kansas (Not K St) has been all over him. And now that they're ranked considerably high, they can back up their chirping. Too bad the Big 12 is a joke and Kansas would maybe have 2 wins in the SEC.
Arkansas is going to have 2 wins in the SEC ;)

jrparrish

I don't see how you can determine what kind of quarterback the kid is going to be while he is still in his senior year at highschool. it is all about development...great HS QB's have been crappy in college, and decent HS QB's have done great in college...so unless you can see the future, which you can't, your statement is fallacious. The key is having the staff (which hopefully we get a new one next year) that knows how to develop a QB. Hope he reconsiders...He could be a real exciting QB..

FBPLAYER65

Pick>Youngblood without a doubt.

hog37

Quote from: cshivley1 on October 22, 2007, 03:22:28 pm
Is he going to k-state?

Still twice as many wins as Arkansas has in the SEC!

jrparrish

By the way...this should be made into a big deal....

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Hawgballz on October 22, 2007, 11:08:57 am
I heard Bo talking about Stanley on the radio this afternoon.  He said that he has been wanting to come here, but there wasn't a scholarship open for him to come.  Is Stanley better than Pick or Youngblood?  I haven't heard much about him.

kawhog

Highly doubt we are going to sign a better QB then had we signed Pick.  I mean Pick can still come here, he hasn't committed elsewhere YET, but it's starting to look like he will be a Jayhawk.

PigWig

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on October 22, 2007, 05:09:12 pm
Quote from: Hawgballz on October 22, 2007, 11:08:57 am
I heard Bo talking about Stanley on the radio this afternoon.  He said that he has been wanting to come here, but there wasn't a scholarship open for him to come.  Is Stanley better than Pick or Youngblood?  I haven't heard much about him.
Stanley is more of a drop back passer.

I would rank the three in this order:
Youngblood
Pick
Stanley

ntubjr

I doubt that we keep more than 2 or 3 out of state kids.they commited to the coaches that are here not those who will be.That is an expected part of a change

pignatious

I really didn't want a qb named Pick. That's just asking for trouble. Bad enough we have two Dicks.
Freedom is never free.

T-Bag Hawg

According to the pumper board he committed to Kansas tonight.
It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

jc20

Stanley would be the best pure passer of the bunch.  I am not taking away from the others as I have only seen highlight film on Youngblood and Pick. Stanley stands in the pocket and not scared to take a hit. He has a strong arm and is very accurate across the middle.  Doesn't leave his receivers out to dry.  Pick is good, an option QB is always high on my list.  I do think Stanley is over-looked because of the small school classification that he is in.  Mind you Hog fans though, he is in the same classification that brought us Anthony Eubanks.  Also, sent Henry Burris to Temple then to the NFL as well as Chris Massey to OSU then a short stint in the NFL.  I can go on and on.  Don't count Stanley out.  He can play.

DeuceHawg

Quote from: blueshog2001 on October 22, 2007, 03:09:39 pm
I think Pick saw the writing on the wall and knew he would end up at CB.
Would have been nice having a CB with the last name Pick.

slopinhogs

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die