Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaches Recruiting

Started by razorhoggs, September 17, 2007, 02:30:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhoggs

Is it just me or do others around here wonder if Herring is out recruiting any of the Defensive studs we need. I have been to both of the bigger recruiting sights and have not found one article or piece of material mentioning Herring as the head recruiter or even in the general picture in regards to an recruit. I know Uof A is paying this guy top dollar to work on getting our defense to the top of the standings, but if he is not helping with recruiting and David Lee is then what is going on up there. Should he not be the top evaluator for the defensive talent or am I missing something here?

jhudson84

Herring is a terrible recruiter and rarely has any contact.  Hes not a people person.

JackJohnson

Quote from: razorhoggs on September 17, 2007, 02:30:11 pm
Is it just me or do others around here wonder if Herring is out recruiting any of the Defensive studs we need. I have been to both of the bigger recruiting sights and have not found one article or piece of material mentioning Herring as the head recruiter or even in the general picture in regards to an recruit. I know Uof A is paying this guy top dollar to work on getting our defense to the top of the standings, but if he is not helping with recruiting and David Lee is then what is going on up there. Should he not be the top evaluator for the defensive talent or am I missing something here?

He tells the assistants coaches what he is looking for in a recruit (size, speed, etc.) and they go out and find them and bring in film for Herring to evaluate.  If he signs off on them, they go after them, if not, then we don't. 

In theory, our recruits on the defensive side of the ball should fit exactly what herring is trying to accomplish.  So by the 08 season-with 4 classes at Ark under his belt- our entire D should consist mostly of guys Herring has evaluated and signed...