Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where do you stand, Are you tired of the Drama??

Started by bearcathog, August 10, 2007, 10:04:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do you stand and how do feel about all the Drama??

Darksider- Love the Bashing/trashing.
61 (19.9%)
Darksider-Shut up unless talking football.
50 (16.3%)
Hugger-Love the bashing/trashing.
1 (0.3%)
Hugger-Shut up unless your talking football.
14 (4.6%)
FAN-Love the bashing/trashing.
20 (6.5%)
FAN-Just shut up unless your talking football.
160 (52.3%)

Total Members Voted: 277

Voting closed: August 30, 2007, 10:04:17 am

bearcathog

August 10, 2007, 10:04:17 am Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:08:24 am by bearcathog
Many people including myself are tired of the bashing, and have just come back recently hoping it was time to start talking football and quit talking about ex- players/coaches, recruits that got away.

I want to read/talk about how the Razorbacks are doing, who we are now recruiting, who has signed, how the team looks. 

Do you think it will change once the season starts??

Or do I need to give up and try other boards?

Or do I just need to avoid MMQB? 

THe Mods may trash this, I'm just wondering if I need to look elsewhere.  Hogville was always once of the best places to get information, and may still be, but it is hard to find amongst the bickering of the Hate/Love for HDN.

HDN is not the Razorbacks, just a coach, I want to read/discuss players and the team. 

I have read more postitives about non-Razorbacks than I have about Razorbacks, That is what I'm sick of.

Before bashing me, I know HUGGERS AND DARKSIDERS ARE FANS, I just wondered how you would call yourselves.
"Never Trust a Bunny" Wolf to Twitchy

Hook 'em Hogs

Don't care if there's bashing or not, but I'm ready to do my "beginning of the football season dance." :P

BartIV

I can't answer this. I am a darksider and I don't "love" the bashing and trashing.  I had pushed all of it to the side for a while being football was almost here, but now new info comes out.  The nutts just keep taking the pounding.

I will always be a Razorback fan, but never a Nutt fan.

Dirty

I know some things I'm a hugger and on others I'm a darksider.  I just want to watch some razorback football.   On good plays, I praise Nutt and bad I want him fired.  Typical fan?  I don't know.

UAfan

Not a darksider or Hugger.  Both sides are pathetic.  Very tired of it and I'm just ready for straight football talk.

Seebs

I know where I stand on poorly worded polls.  -

nothing to see here.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

budcampbellfan

Yes, I am tired of it.  The only cure is a total house cleaning ASAP.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

whostolemyhogs

I think you need to go to another board, one where Otis will fill your head with useless crap or Clay will read you fairy tales before bedtime.

LSPRazorbac

Why not start a bashing/trashing forum.  Or a I hate/love HDN/BOT forum--Darksiders vs Huggers forum.  That way MMQB could be just about football

GrumpyHog

I'm here to witness Huggers seeing the LIGHTno matter how long it takes!

oldbooniehog

There's no place for me to vote, either.

I'm a darksider.

I'm sick of all the drama and the idiocy.

But the only way for it all to end is for both JFB and Nutt to be gone.

That's the only way for this crap to end, and for the focus to once again be on winning football games.

With Nutt still the coach, I know (based on nine years of watching) that Arkansas will never win an SEC Championship, never go to a BCS bowl, nor contend for a national championship.

obh

brooks74

I'm not a HDN fan, probably never will be, but the fact is, he's the coach, and while I don't support him, I'm ready for football and ready to hopefully see us do well.

phadedhawg

I couldn't care less about what happened during the offseason or off the field...

I hope we do good this year and if we don't I hope the UA has the minerals to find a new coach and give us a fresh start. 

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: budcampbellfan on August 10, 2007, 10:17:11 am
Yes, I am tired of it.  The only cure is a total house cleaning ASAP.

What he/She said!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

PAHog

I'm a Darksider, but am tired of talking about the past.  It's obvious that the BAC and probably the BOT knew what took place and aren't going to do anything about it.  My biggest gripe with Nutt isn't what he has done off the field, but what he has done on it: no productive QB since Stoerner, consistently poor play out of the special teams, predictable playcalling, unwillingness to hand over offensive reigns to coordinator, failure to recruit nationally.  It's time he bring a SEC championship home to Fayetteville.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Ashdownpanther

As I see it, Nutt "is" the drama, when things die down, he opens his mouth and stirs them up again.  There will be no peace among hog fans until Nutt is gone, because he will constantly stirr things up in his total lack of character and integrity.  I think he actually likes the spotlight and assumes the victim's role to feed his sick ego.

demonHOG1013

Quote from: BartIV on August 10, 2007, 10:08:22 am
I can't answer this. I am a darksider and I don't "love" the bashing and trashing.  I had pushed all of it to the side for a while being football was almost here, but now new info comes out.  The nutts just keep taking the pounding.

I will always be a Razorback fan, but never a Nutt fan.

I feel exactly the same way

jhogfan554

Give me Hog Football, Hog Football, and more Hog Football !!!!!  21 days and counting !!!! It is time to put focus on the team and the season. Let the season results be the judge. Feel this way before every football season - did when I was in Nam, did when I lived in Calf, did when I lived in VA, and do now that I am back in the great state of ARKANSAS.

TransAmHawg

Fire Dale and it all goes away.
He is like Madonna, there is no bad publicity. He'll continue to screw things up.

FIRE THE DORK,NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

ifghog

I could care less about Nutt. I am not a darksider though. I get so tired  of the same old BS! I am going to all the home games and to Bama and Ole Piss! I love the Razorbacks. If Hooten wins 10 he stays anything less is unacceptable. If he can win here and get us to the BCS then I am happy with him, if not then he has to go. If it isn't done this year then it won't be for at least 2 years. I say fire him if we don't get to a BCS or at least win the Capitol one bowl! I got to witness that in Orlando last year. Will not do it again. WPS!!!

abraHAM_lincoln

Of Course we are ALL tired of the drama... it is a diference of Opinion on how to handle the unending drama we are enduring..

Huggers just want to turn a blind eye and just keep bending over taking it...hoping it will go away.

Darksiders want to end it at it's source...the loser coach. 

Justme

Quote from: TransAmHawg on August 10, 2007, 11:25:27 am
Fire Dale and it all goes away.
He is like Madonna, there is no bad publicity. He'll continue to screw things up.

FIRE THE DORK,NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, get rid of the source of the drama.

TOM "tbw1"

I am ready for the drama to be over.  One impartial investigation into the matter and I am through no matter the outcome.  I have never been a HDN fan, just like I was not a Jack Crowe fan.

I am a Razorback fan and I want our players to have all the advantages.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

311Hog

Can we add an option called:

"Tired of being asked to sweep wrong doing under the rug for the sake of a stupid game"

?

TxHogger

Regardless of how all this turns out, it will have tragic repercussions for years. 

razorsharphawg

Quote from: hogfanwithms on August 10, 2007, 10:10:43 am
I know some things I'm a hugger and on others I'm a darksider.  I just want to watch some razorback football.   On good plays, I praise Nutt and bad I want him fired.  Typical fan?  I don't know.

I've felt this way since 2001.  When I see boneheaded plays or mistakes or the smoke draw that doesn't work,  I call for HDN's head and when we beat a really good team, I get a glimmer of hope and think "he's not that bad."  Not sure I want 1 more year of this, though.

HatfieldHog

The bashing is miserable, the incoherent babble is miserable, but, the truth coming out about our program, and the ineptitude of it's leadership can only be good for the program.  Nutt is maxed out in leadership skill, and we have seen the best that Nutt can produce in last year. 

Nutt's leadership flaws cannot deal with the Primadonna mentality, but, if you're gonna have real depth, and the best players available, you have to deal that that mentality.  You can only coach 2 and 3 star kids up so high, with some being exceptions, but, most of them are gonna turn out to be 2 and 3 star college players.

To make a long story short!  The only way that we are gonna move on from Nutt, is when this info comes out, it may be miserable to hear, but it will set us free.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Razorback Jedi

I'm tired of all the bashing. I've spent the last 3 months away from this place because of all the "off-season" boredom that led to thousands of posts that were nothing but hate.

Now that it's football season, I'm ready to talk football.

HogLeg733

The bashing is stupid.  Take it somehwere else, Hog Ball is here folks.  We are gonna have an unbelievable season and there will be much cold beer consumed rootin on those Hoggies!  People that waste their time bichin about the past need to get a life!

rmcchris

bearcathog could not have stated it any better for me.  Well done and thanks.  I donate money to the foundation and love the university and the hogs.  I don't hate anyone (hate is a very strong word), including the coach.  He is just the coach and I agree he has a lot of issues.  Maybe this site is just for the vocal group that wants the coach gone? 

VentHog

The drama will end once HdN has left the program for good.

bearcathog

My New Razorback T-shirt for 2007 reads:

ONE NATION

Under Hogs

With Victories and Celebrations for ALL.
"Never Trust a Bunny" Wolf to Twitchy

rmcchris

Quote from: bearcathog on August 10, 2007, 02:09:50 pm
My New Razorback T-shirt for 2007 reads:

ONE NATION

Under Hogs

With Victories and Celebrations for ALL.

Very good!  Go HOGS

TennesseeRaz

My choice wasn't on there:

Yes, tired of the drama, but I'm more tired of Nutt.

bxw21

I'm absolutely sick of all the crap.  I used to read this message board all the time, but do very seldom nowdays because it's like a soap opera anymore.  I get so tired of people constantly griping about crap.  If you can do better, please do or shut up.  If you can get a better coach in here, go right ahead.  Otherwise quit being a little girl, griping about everything.  You pethetic loosers are making it difficult for me to enjoy football talk anymore.  My best friends don't care for Nutt, but atleast they don't sit around thinking of ways to interfere with him.  Get a life!  Go Hogs!!!

311Hog

Quote from: bxw21 on August 10, 2007, 03:29:00 pm
I'm absolutely sick of all the crap.  I used to read this message board all the time, but do very seldom nowdays because it's like a soap opera anymore.  I get so tired of people constantly griping about crap.  If you can do better, please do or shut up.  If you can get a better coach in here, go right ahead.  Otherwise quit being a little girl, griping about everything.  You pethetic loosers are making it difficult for me to enjoy football talk anymore.  My best friends don't care for Nutt, but atleast they don't sit around thinking of ways to interfere with him.  Get a life!  Go Hogs!!!

ahh the internet cliche, a poster telling another poster to "get a life" its sad really.

101st Hogborne

Quote from: VentHog on August 10, 2007, 01:32:07 pm
The drama will end once HdN has left the program for good.

The drama will end when this "Mob Rules" mentality is succumbed by the reality that all the bashing and trashing does is hurt our Razorbacks as a whole. The same old tired response of "It's HDN thats ruining the program" is ridiculous. HDN has this program back to where it was pre-SEC; face it. All the drama around emails and such is juvenile banter......period.

Michaelt

Let me ask the question this way; see if there are those on here who might agree with this concession;

It's understood that a mass of people on Hogville believe HDN to be a bad coach;
It's understood that a mass of people on Hogville believe HDN to be a bad person;
There are those on here who believe HDN is the sole party responsible for all the "stuff" that has happened and keeps getting regurgitated on the forums.

There are those who think that HDN is a solid coach;
There are those who think that HDN is a decent person;
there are those who think that HDN has not been involved with much of the "stuff" that has happened and keeps getting regurgitated on the forums.

So, with those thoughts above understood, is there not some agreement that we can come up with, that those who think the worst of HDN, and those who think the best of HDN, respect the others stance, and quit lobbing volleys back and forth over the same stuff over and over?

If you are adamant about HDN being a loser and you want it to be known in every one of your posts, then make a sig line that states it; (I realize some of you have already, so don't blast me about that...lol) so then when you post on general things, people can read your stance on HDN.

If you are adamant about HDN being an ok guy and coach; then then make a sig line that states it; (I realize some of you have already, so don't blast me about that...lol) so then when you post on general things, people can read your stance on HDN.

Some of you have gotten into the broken record syndrome; where a big majority of your posts say the same thing, even though you type it out differently, it still says the same thing. I think respect should be given to everyone's point of view no matter what side of this fence you're on.

So; with 22 days left before kickoff; what would you guys and gals think? How about a little personal discipline and restraint, EVEN when newbies post on here just to entice someone or someones into a jaw flap about the key issues, integrity, honor, discipline, values, etc...and just let your sig line do THAT part of your talking for you? Then possibly more of our posts that we read here on MMQB will be filled with practice thoughts, updates, expectations, etc.??

Any thoughts? (Please be nice...:D)
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

311Hog

Man all labels aside.

Do you honestly think HDN is a good coach?

Can anyone with half a brain and at least 3 years of observation of HDN coached teams believe the man knows what he is doing DURING THE GAMES ?

Because all personality, arguments, etc records, bowl records etc aside.

When i watch HDN coach i put my head in my hands because he is out coached on such a regular basis that it genuinely makes me sad. 

tolerati

I am ready for football season. The season no doubt will take care itself.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

bxw21

311hog, would you please go tell the team you could do a better job.  I know they would let you beacuae they just want to win.  You could be my hero!

311Hog

Quote from: bxw21 on August 10, 2007, 03:49:39 pm
311hog, would you please go tell the team you could do a better job.  I know they would let you beacuae they just want to win.  You could be my hero!

i wouldnt tell the team anything, they are great but i would tell the coach.

I am pretty sure i wont be telling you anything much longer.

bxw21

bxw21

bxw21

sorry, how are they great if he recruits crap every year

claytongray

VentHog

It is painful reading some of the grammar here.

sharks89

I'm ready for our kids representing the state to be properly treated and coached.

Hard to vote - I am sick of the drama and don't enjoy the bashing/trashing  but I do want the truth to come out, even if inconvenient timing (and there is no good time to hire a new coach).

On this poll, Put me down as a fence-riding Darksider. 

Go Hogs!

J Man

I want the drama to be over.  Let's see how the season unfolds before we continue with the campaign to create as much havoc as possible.  We as fans owe it to the players to either shut the ____ up, or walk away.  The team deserves the chance to show what they can do.  Anyone not willing to let that happen is not a true fan, and is only fooling themselves if they don't agree.