Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CB Marcal Robinson Tid Bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 30, 2007, 06:39:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Marcal is 6'0 168 with 4.45 speed from C.F. Vigor HS, Prichard, AL. My recorder screwed up and so I'm going to have to go off memory.

*Marcal called and committed to Coach Nutt about 3 today.

* Some of his other offers Auburn, Louisville, Purdue, Marshall.

* It could be interesting if Bama offers. I asked Marcal how solid his commitment would be if Bama offer and he didn't just come out and say he's going to Arkansas if Bama offers. Sounded like he definitely has some interest in Bama. His teammate Burton Scott just committed to Bama.

* He hasn't been to the UA campus. He said he might visit this weekend but it sounded more like an official visit is more likely.

* Coach Markuson was the lead recruiter on Marcal.

mj4president

oh no, this doesn't sound good at all.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

flagstaffhog

This one doesn't sound to solid....
Go HOGS Go!

Eric Cartman

if he waivers, we still have greg brown and kip edwards on radar.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

The Coletrain

In this day and age, you get what you get with a verbal.  It's non-binding and is unfortunatley subject to change.  It always makes me a little nervous when someone commits without seeing the campus.  That being said, he seems sold on our program and is one we'd be elated to have come February.  But just as I'm sure he'll be playing to see if there's a Bama offer before it's all said and done, I'm sure our coaching staff will continue to recruit that position and have a contingency plan just in case. 

But congrats to him on his decision and I hope we see his name on the back of a Hog jersey this time next year.  And kudos again to the coaching staff for going into enemy territory and coming out with a winner!! 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Shizzle

As many early verbals as we have you gotta think someone will change their mind. I'm sure someone out there is committed somewhere else will change their mind and come to Arkansas, just the nature of the beast. I hope this one don't get away and maybe he wont.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

Adam Stokes

He is currently the highest rated DB we have commited.

razorbackmkh

Sounds like that the rush of commitments may have influenced Marcal to go ahead and commit. The commits great, but I'd rather have one later that is solid than one that is rushed and could be retracted later. Just my take on things.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Eric Cartman on July 30, 2007, 06:59:12 pm
if he waivers, we still have greg brown and kip edwards on radar.

That is why you go ahead and take their commit if they want to.  You just can't turn down two studs like that ESPECIALLY at a need position...

hogsmaster

Maybe with the success with Saban is having on the recruiting trail, he won't have to offer recruits on his "B" and "C" lists, which may be where Robinson is.

FBPLAYER65

Saban will only get 4 star guys to fill out the class. Robinson is Arkansas bound.

COCHISE

Welcome aboard Mr. Robinson, now please get to work on raising that 2.6 gpa so we don't end up like Auburn.

Bomis Hawg

A corner that is not 5'8" and runs a 4.4 but 6'0".  I like that.  I bet if Alabama comes calling, it will be interesting.  I think if they wanted him, they would've offered with his teammate.

jpenrod1

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on July 30, 2007, 08:35:28 pm
Saban will only get 4 star guys to fill out the class. Robinson is Arkansas bound.

I dont think they look at stars.

PhillyHog

Hopefully we put Bama into the ground.

That game is the most important game of the year...in terms of our hopes for this season and future seasons with its impact on recruits.