Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Commit WR Chris Gragg talks Hogs

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 24, 2007, 10:27:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Chris is 6'3 195 with 4.6 speed from Warren. I talked to Chris earlier tonight.

TRG: Obviously the coaches have on their eye on you before camp. Tell me what they talked about before camp and after camp when they offered.

Chris: Before the camp they had been looking at me but I had been under the radar compared to the others and I had made up my mind that I was going to do the best I can. During a one on one drill I ran some pretty good routes on a CB and Coach Nutt said he really liked me.

TRG: When did your recruiting pickup in your opinion?

Chris: Coach Lee and Coach Nutt had been by school during spring ball and looked at my grades. That's the first thing that jumped out to them and then I ran some routes from them and I believe that's when they got interested. 

TRG: When coach Nutt offered what through your mind right then.

Chris: At first it was unbelievable. One day I was a normal recruit and then after camp being offered it was pretty exciting to me  and I knew all the hard work I had put in had worked out for me.

TRG: Tell me how you made your decision to commit.

Chris: That night when I got home I talked to my parents about it and they were just excited about it as me. I talked to Coach Lee that night and he told me to sleep on it. So I slept on it and on Sunday I talked to coach Hembree and talked to him and talked to my parents again. Later that evening I decided Arkansas would be a great place for me and I know I can do well there.

The coaching staff must have liked what they saw on tape of Chris. His performane at camp put him over the top.

I saw Chris at camp didn't have a chance to talk to him. He's a very good looking athlete.

jbhicks

July 24, 2007, 10:38:51 pm #1 Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 12:12:14 am by jbhicks
Richard Davenport is an absolute beast. Thanks for all the interviews you do, RD. Chris is one of the better athletes in this class so far, and could end up being one of the biggest steals this year. He did look real good at camp. Sounds like a really nice young kid, and someone on another thread was talking about how smart he is.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: jbhicks on July 24, 2007, 10:38:51 pm
Richard Davenport is an absolute beast. Thanks for all the interviews you do, RD. Chris is one of the best athletes in this class so far, and could end up being on of the biggest steals this year. He did look real good at camp. Sounds like a really nice young kid, and someone on another thread was talking about how smart he is.

Speaking of "kids", I have a question for you . . . how old are you?  I ask you this not to slam you; I just remember reading somewhere recently that someone said you were like 14 or 15, and I wondered if that were true?

Just curious.

COCHISE

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on July 24, 2007, 11:12:38 pm
Quote from: jbhicks on July 24, 2007, 10:38:51 pm
Richard Davenport is an absolute beast. Thanks for all the interviews you do, RD. Chris is one of the best athletes in this class so far, and could end up being on of the biggest steals this year. He did look real good at camp. Sounds like a really nice young kid, and someone on another thread was talking about how smart he is.

Speaking of "kids", I have a question for you . . . how old are you?  I ask you this not to slam you; I just remember reading somewhere recently that someone said you were like 14 or 15, and I wondered if that were true?

Just curious.
Why not just PM jb with this question?  This thread is about Chris Gragg!!

jbhicks

Haha, not sure why that matters, but I am a senior at the UA, and I am 21 years old. I have been following recruiting since I was in 9th or 10th grade. Whoever said that just made that up.

Bulldogs@ the ville

does anybody have a link of him on scout or rivals?

COCHISE

Quote from: Bulldogs@ the ville on July 24, 2007, 11:37:43 pm
does anybody have a link of him on scout or rivals?
He hasn't been evaluated by either so there is very little info. on him

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=3254287

Lanlord

ListenHereMister

The Coletrain

Excited to have another Warren product on the hill!!  Welcome to the team, Mr. Gragg! 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Hogway

I don't mean this in a negative light at all but why has Chris flown under the radar?  I assume mainly because he hasn't been to as many camps as the others?  How close to similar players are Chris and Greg Childs?  They seem to be similar size maybe Greg a little faster.  I'm just looking for more information on Chris.  I really like this pickup.  Does he remind you guys of a shorter Monk?  Monk was very smart and not what any of us would call a blazer.  I am looking for some sort of evaluation for those of you that have seen and saw him over the weekend to see what kind of player he is or may become. 

piggingout

I love those big receivers.  Him and Cruz are going to be some big wideouts for us.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Hogway on July 25, 2007, 11:41:06 am
I don't mean this in a negative light at all but why has Chris flown under the radar?  I assume mainly because he hasn't been to as many camps as the others?  How close to similar players are Chris and Greg Childs?  They seem to be similar size maybe Greg a little faster.  I'm just looking for more information on Chris.  I really like this pickup.  Does he remind you guys of a shorter Monk?  Monk was very smart and not what any of us would call a blazer.  I am looking for some sort of evaluation for those of you that have seen and saw him over the weekend to see what kind of player he is or may become. 

he is very smart, he has great hands and runs smooth routs. He move to warren from dumas his sophomore year. He's not your big time playmaker besides on the jump ball.

#1 STUNNA

i believe he is the sleeper of this class

GalaHawg

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on July 25, 2007, 12:43:35 pm
Quote from: Hogway on July 25, 2007, 11:41:06 am

he is very smart, he has great hands and runs smooth routs. He move to warren from dumas his sophomore year. He's not your big time playmaker besides on the jump ball.

I can also see him making plays against linebackers from the slot position running inside and outside slant routes.  He may not ever become a "starter" but will be a good guy to have for special occasions like 3rd and 6 to 8 yards where the opponent puts an LB on him.

jj202020

don't be suprised if this kid blossoms into something special.  He's a hard worker and a very intelligent young man.

asuindianman

Quote from: jj202020 on July 26, 2007, 09:16:31 am
don't be suprised if this kid blossoms into something special.  He's a hard worker and a very intelligent young man.

That's exactly what I've heard...people say the kid is a class act, carries himself well on and off the field.