Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Khiry Battle talks about commitment

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 20, 2007, 10:28:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

July 20, 2007, 10:28:49 pm Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 07:34:28 am by Richard Davenport
Khiry is 6'1 210 with 4.55 speed from Dacula Georgia. I talked to Khiry about 20 minutes ago.

TRG: When did you actually commit?

Khiry: I committed today around 12:30 to 1:00 today. I actually did it by letter, I overnighted the letter. I actually wrote a letter to coach Nutt and coach Vaughn.

TRG: Why Arkansas?

Khiry: I love the 3 and 3 program for the law school which allows me to get a dual degree in history and my JD degree in law. I can get that taken care of where basically if I'm at Arkansas for 5 years I would only have one year left before I could get my law degree. That's the unique part of their academics. I feel like their academic support program along with their mentor program was second to none. I think coach Decker is one of the top strength and conditioning coaches in the country. I like the way he prepares the guys for the NFL combine and combined with the mentally that their getting ready for the combine and they're perparing to get drafted and I like like that mentality when I talked to him. I like the history of Arkansas putting DBs into the NFL and you can't overlook that since that's the postion I'll be playing that's a big factor for me. I would say my meeting with coach Nutt was probably the most convining part of it. His enthusiasm, fiery, competitor is great and type of coach I would love playing for.

TRG: What type of law do want to practice?

Khiry: Civil litigator.   

TRG: Did your parents come with you?

Khiry: Yes sir they did. They loved it. It basically came down to Arkansas, Ole Miss and Central Florida. We knew this was going to be our last visit so we were ready to make a decision. They were kinda of blown away and I was blown away as well. The 11 and half hour ride back we had already made our decision.

TRG: Lets go back to your visit. Tell me about it.

Khiry: I was actually blown away being from metropolitan Atlanta. When I heard the word Arkansas I was thinking it was going to be all corn fields and cows but I was completely blown away from the atmosphere. Fayetteville was opposite of what I thought it would be. The campus was beautiful and was just as nice of any where else I've been this year.

TRG: What were your stats from this past season?

Khiry: I had about 800 yards rushing and I believe 14 TDs. On defense I had  67 tackles, 5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and I think I had 6 pass breakups.

Arkansas recruited Khiry as a strong safety. He had a total of 16 offers.

Needless to say after talking to Khiry I didn't have to ask if he was qualified.

pioneerhog

He sounds like a smart kid. Best of luck to him and welcome to the team.

hog-guy

WOW...what a catch for Ark.  That guy sounds very impressive.  I can't remember a single recruit who knew what he wanted to study so definitively.  This dude could be good, real good.

The Coletrain

Congrats to Khiry and the Razorback coaching staff.  This sounds like another great student-athlete.  I couldn't be more excited about this '08 class!!   GHG!!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Razorod

Sounds like a great pick-up. Nice to have players you don't have to worry about academically. Especially since safety is a bit of a cerebral position!
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The Recruiting Guy

On a side note, I talked to Khiry's head coach Kevin Maloof today. We talked a little bit about everything but the one thing that stood out to me was how he raved about Darren McFadden. He said he thought Darren was the best he's ever seen.

Lanlord

Hogstocking

July 20, 2007, 11:29:01 pm #7 Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 07:22:50 am by Hogstocking
Good stuff Richard.

I always get a laugh when I hear recruits say they are expecting to see cows, chickens and hay fields....I think that sterotypical perception can work to our advantage in some cases.   When they get here and see the facilities, town, campus etc.etc. it shatters that perception and "blows them away"

HOGINTENNESSEE

dasheets12

so is he 6-1 or 5-10? b/c that's 3 inches difference....

Realist

Quote from: Hogstocking on July 20, 2007, 11:29:01 pm
Good stuff Richard.

I always get a laugh when I hear recruits say they are expecting to see cows, chickens and hay fields....I think that sterotypical perception can work to our advantage in some cases.   When they get here and see the facilities, town, camps etc.etc. it shatters that perception and "blows them away"
Have you seen the drive from airport to the campus?  Its not a stereotype

pcrouch3809

Quote from: dasheets12 on July 21, 2007, 12:23:32 am
so is he 6-1 or 5-10? b/c that's 3 inches difference....

He checked into the combine at 6' 1/2"

Hogtropolis™

He sounds like a very educated and respectful young man.  I'm always glad to get kids like that into our program.  Best of luck to you Khiry and we're glad to have you aboard.

Hogstocking

July 21, 2007, 07:22:25 am #13 Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 07:23:56 am by Hogstocking
Quote from: Realist on July 21, 2007, 12:26:51 am
Quote from: Hogstocking on July 20, 2007, 11:29:01 pm
Good stuff Richard.

I always get a laugh when I hear recruits say they are expecting to see cows, chickens and hay fields....I think that sterotypical perception can work to our advantage in some cases.   When they get here and see the facilities, town, camps etc.etc. it shatters that perception and "blows them away"
Have you seen the drive from airport to the campus?  Its not a stereotype

Maybe you missed the part where I said once they see the facilities, town and campus?  When I was going to school there, I never saw chickens or farmer Bill roaming around campus.  And it sounds like his perception was shattered, like I was referring to. 

"When I heard the word Arkansas I was thinking it was going to be all corn fields and cows but I was completely blown away from the atmosphere. Fayetteville was opposite of what I thought it would be. The campus was beautiful and was just as nice of any where else I've been this year"

jackflash

Seems like GA may become a great recruiting state for us, somebody on that staff is doing a great job. remember somebody saying the key was to get these kids to visit.

Bomis Hawg

Great news.  Seems like a smart guy with some pretty good offers on the table.
Stealing one from the Georgia/Florida area where schools from both states fight hard for them is nice.

Landonhog

Great news!  Sounds like a sharp kid, and his higlights were great...  He looked like a fearless runner and tackler. 

WPS!

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Realist

QuoteMaybe you missed the part where I said once they see the facilities, town and campus?  When I was going to school there, I never saw chickens or farmer Bill roaming around campus.  And it sounds like his perception was shattered, like I was referring to. 
I realize that and you fail to see what i pointed out.  THE DRIVE to campus
The drive to campus is not stereotypical at all, it is not perception: it is reality.  It is cows, chickens, and Farmer Bill. 

justmaybe

I have talked to many who have moved to NWA from larg cities and what they love is the fact that you have the facilities and attractions but in mere minutes you can be in the country. For folks who grew up in the city it is a big deal. Many of them have never been to a big lake like Beaver.

Atlanta has become a fertile recruiting ground because of two things- likely more. Rocker is one. The other is that there are direct flights from Atlanta now.

PigPusher

Seems when he first had them take his player info he was 5-11 but now is over 6'-0".  He was and is called "Hero" in High School.

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Realist

Quote from: PigPusher on July 21, 2007, 03:42:51 pm
Seems when he first had them take his player info he was 5-11 but now is over 6'-0".  He was and is called "Hero" in High School.

These kids are in high school and they do grow.  He checked into a combine at 6'1

PigPusher

Quote from: Realist on July 21, 2007, 03:47:18 pm
Quote from: PigPusher on July 21, 2007, 03:42:51 pm

These kids are in high school and they do grow.  He checked into a combine at 6'1

Man that really helped. Then there is this little ditty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12wfjxLIWUs

Looks like one of those recruits that given proper training will be very very good.

PigPusher

July 21, 2007, 03:56:57 pm #26 Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 04:40:12 pm by PigPusher
Quote from: Littlehog AR on July 21, 2007, 03:52:54 pm
Here you go:

Thanks littlehog I was having a little trouble there, but finally got it.  I was trying to change to color prior to putting the hyper to it. 

Littlehog AR

Quote from: PigPusher on July 21, 2007, 03:56:57 pm
Quote from: Littlehog AR on July 21, 2007, 03:52:54 pm
Here you go:

Thanks littlehog I was having a little trouble there, but finally got it.  I was trying to change to color prior to putting the hper to it. 
No problem bro... there's something not jiving with the YouTube button.

GalaHawg

Richard -

Do you know whether Khiry is related to either Tre Battle (ex-UGA CB that picked Auburn QB three times in one game) or Roderick Battle (one of the UGA starting DEs this year) - they are also from the Atlanta area.

Thanks for the awesome service you're providing here.

jbhicks

Khiry and his father both sound very bright. I am very excited to have KB on board. He is the start to a very good DB recruiting class this year (although I think Basmine Jones will play in the secondary if he is not a LB).

sage_dragoon

XBox360 - SageDragoon79

Duke of Buckingham

For a prospective civil litigator, there should be no better program in the country than Arkansas.

hog_fan

Interesting. Wonder if the academics is enough to make him stick with the hogs over his like for nutt and decker?

cubsfan5150

January 15, 2008, 09:52:35 pm #33 Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 10:05:49 pm by cubsfan5150
I sure do miss the Recruiting Guy info that we used to get on here.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on January 15, 2008, 09:52:35 pm
I sure do miss the Recruiting Guy info that used to get on here.
I'm not trying to be critical at all, and I know that TRG is a busy man, but I really enjoyed reading the transcripts of interviews and I really do miss it now.  I read just about all of his articles, but it's not quite the same.

want2be

Sounds like he will help Petrino's grade and graduation bonuses

And in the meantime, I hope he brings the wood

cubsfan5150

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on January 15, 2008, 10:00:27 pm
I'm not trying to be critical at all, and I know that TRG is a busy man, but I really enjoyed reading the transcripts of interviews and I really do miss it now.  I read just about all of his articles, but it's not quite the same.

Critical of what?

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on January 15, 2008, 10:07:47 pm

Critical of what?
Of Richard, aka TRG.  I'm not trying to be critical of his hard work.

I'll excuse the fact that you were slow to catch on considering you are a Cubs fan.  We all know that anyone that is a Cubs fan is not right in the head. ;)

cubsfan5150

Ahhh, I was just making sure that I didn't upset anyone.  Although, I forgot that your probably a Cards fan and I shouldn't have worried about it.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on January 15, 2008, 10:17:10 pm
Ahhh, I was just making sure that I didn't upset anyone.  Although, I forgot that your probably a Cards fan and I shouldn't have worried about it.
I'm just giving you a hard time.  I'm actually pretty worried the Cubs might repeat again this year.  They've made some pretty good offseason moves.  Whatever ends up happening, I am just ready for baseball to start back up.

Dr Swineglove

Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

FWF79

FWF79

cubsfan5150

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on January 15, 2008, 10:22:13 pm
I'm just giving you a hard time.  I'm actually pretty worried the Cubs might repeat again this year.  They've made some pretty good offseason moves.  Whatever ends up happening, I am just ready for baseball to start back up.

Not to derail the thread (even though it is quite old), but I can't wait for March.  There is nothing better than March Madness and the start of baseball season.