Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 of the top 25 nationally

Started by Oregan hog, June 29, 2007, 11:14:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Oregan hog

:)5 of the top 25 nationally top rated recievers our interested in arkansas. according to a certain website. Deion Walker, Jamel Owens, Chris Tolliever, Joe Adams, Jarious Wright. Wouldn't be something to 3 out of 5 of these guys?

jhudson84

Owens and Tolliver are long shots, as is Walker but with our track program you never know after his visit.   Wright is almost in the bag and Joe there is no telling.

Oregan hog

Its still nice to see we on some of the elite players.

GBPackerFan

Hawgballz

Quote from: GBPackerFan on June 29, 2007, 12:40:06 pm
Where is Tolliver from? 

Louisiana

Wright will be a Hog soon and Adams could very well be a little later on, but the other 3 will be real longshots with I believe our best bet is at getting Owens maybe.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

IcEwalker

if/when Wright commits, do you think he will play WR or CB at arkansas? he is alittle short for a WR.

Hawgballz

Quote from: IcEwalker on June 29, 2007, 01:24:56 pm
if/when Wright commits, do you think he will play WR or CB at arkansas? he is alittle short for a WR.

I think he will get a shot at WR, but I believe his quickest & best route to the NFL is as a CB (secretly hope this is where he ends up, oh darn I guess it isn't a secret anymore).
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hollywood_HOGan45

JJ Meadors played wideout and broke records.

IF JW can make plays, he'll be at wideout IMO. Maybe if we can get Adams we can try Wright out at CB since we have a big time need there.

ListenHereMister

I always say the more the merrier!
But, I think Madison and Norton are going
to be absoulute studs for the Hogs.
I think Madison becomes Nickleback
by Kentucky, and quite frankly pushes
Red Richardson. 

But, we definitely need to sign at least
3 Quality CB prospects this year.

By the way, are there any rising
Junior CB prospects in Arkansas?

No time like the present to offer
our instaters!!

arklahoman36

Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 29, 2007, 12:44:32 pm
Where is Tolliver from? 

Louisiana

Wright will be a Hog soon and Adams could very well be a little later on, but the other 3 will be real longshots with I believe our best bet is at getting Owens maybe.

According to an OU beat writer, Adams left the impression with OU staff that he's leaning toward USC. He didn't elaborate on what Adams did or said to leave that impression, so I don't knoow how much weight to give it. And even if Adams left that impression, it doesn't necessarily make it so.

I think Owens is a longshot for ARK. I think if he stays close to home, he'll end up at OU (maybe OSU). He's also said he's intrigued by Florida and plans a visit there, and is hoping for an offer.

Deion Walker is supposed to take an unofficial visit to OU and several other schools this summer, and has said he will take five officials visits, before he commits. From the little bit I've read, he said he doesn't have a favorite, but really likes Tennessee, N.C. State and Penn State so far.
He didn't list ARK as one of the schools he planned to visit this summer, but said there were others he planned to vist and just couldn't remember the names.
Walker told these things to James Hale in a June 18 interview.

Space Man

Quote from: arklahoman36 on June 29, 2007, 01:54:51 pm
Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 29, 2007, 12:44:32 pm
Where is Tolliver from? 

Louisiana

According to an OU beat writer, Adams left the impression with OU staff that he's leaning toward USC. He didn't elaborate on what Adams did or said to leave that impression, so I don't knoow how much weight to give it. And even if Adams left that impression, it doesn't necessarily make it so.

I think Owens is a longshot for ARK. I think if he stays close to home, he'll end up at OU (maybe OSU). He's also said he's intrigued by Florida and plans a visit there, and is hoping for an offer.

Deion Walker is supposed to take an unofficial visit to OU and several other schools this summer, and has said he will take five officials visits, before he commits. From the little bit I've read, he said he doesn't have a favorite, but really likes Tennessee, N.C. State and Penn State so far.
He didn't list ARK as one of the schools he planned to visit this summer, but said there were others he planned to vist and just couldn't remember the names.
Walker told these things to James Hale in a June 18 interview.

I believe Joe Adams is a silent USC commit but I could be wrong.  If Arkansas is able to get Jarious Wright, losing Joe Adams will not hurt Arkansas as bad.  Losing both would be really bad. 

#1 STUNNA

that 4.36 will add a couple of inches to his receiving height

501Ben

June 30, 2007, 06:40:37 pm #12 Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 12:20:22 am by 501Ben
Quote from: jhudson84 on June 29, 2007, 11:19:41 am
Owens and Tolliver are long shots, as is Walker but with our track program you never know after his visit.   Wright is almost in the bag and Joe there is no telling.

Owens is still planning on coming for the senior camp, and if by some miracle he does decide to commit, then we would have to find a spot for him, but your right it is a long shot with him holding LSU and Florida offers, but he also only lives about two hours or so from campus, so that might help as well.

arklahoman36

Quote from: 501Ben on June 30, 2007, 06:40:37 pm
Quote from: jhudson84 on June 29, 2007, 11:19:41 am

Owens is still playing on coming for the senior camp, and if by some miracle he does decide to commit, then we would have to find a spot for him, but your right it is a long shot with him holding LSU and Florida offers, but he also only lives about two hours or so from campus, so that might help as well.

If a top 5 WR who's 6'3 210 and runs a 4.4 40, tells you that you're in his top three, you hold a schollie and Plan B another receiver, unless you have a stud at another position of greater need sign the dotted line.