Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jake Byrne to (Wisconsin)

Started by jbhicks, June 29, 2007, 10:04:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbhicks

Wisconsin. Should be announced soon. I really wanted this guy.

jhudson84

whocares

jhud its for sure. Jake is going to Wisconsin.

jhudson84

If this is the bad news I'd rather lose Jake than Joe.

whocares

NO DOUBT Im getting excited and would love to see if Richard would say this was the bad news. Bc if it is then it isnt THAT bad of news. Dont get me wrong I wanted Jake but he was not in my top ten wish list.

badbrad

damn......... well, good luck Jake.........

jbhicks

I asked Richard if this was the bad news, and he has yet to answer.

whocares

Im not 100% sure but I believe his family is from there or his parents went there.

Hollywood_HOGan45

we dont really use the TE that much in pass routes anyway.

maybe we'll use the TE more when Ben Cleveland matures

ListenHereMister

His parents grew up or lived in Wisconsin at some point.
I think Grandparents may still live there.
Just going by what I remember reading on here.

jhudson84

The spring depth chart I have seen list B.C as a Fullback/H-Back, Jake has family ties to WIs. and it was stated before if they offered he would accept.

mj4president

Jake LIVED there also. He has bounced around the nation but mainly wisconsin and arkansas. I think he has lived in indiana and pennsylvania also.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

COCHISE

June 29, 2007, 10:38:41 am #13 Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 10:47:02 am by 870 RZR
Quote from: jhudson84 on June 29, 2007, 10:13:18 am
This may be just part of the bad news.

bd93

Good Luck to him.  I hope that this is the bad news Richard was talking about.  I just don't want to lose Adam's.

Realist

We have TE's, I was surprised we offered

ListenHereMister

We are 0 for 2 on TEs this year.
Branch to LSWHO
Byrne to Badger Town.

11-0 Going Into Baton Rouge!!

COCHISE

Quote from: Realist on June 29, 2007, 11:16:02 am
We have TE's, I was surprised we offered
I agree, I would like to see those scholarships go to more needed positions.  We're o.k. on TE's.

PigWig

Lets just hope its only him and not Adams.

killamon

Quote from: 870 RZR on June 29, 2007, 10:38:41 am
Quote from: jhudson84 on June 29, 2007, 10:13:18 am
This may be just part of the bad news.

i just hope it is the bad news and not just a part of it...

Bomis Hawg

I don't think TE is a pressing need.  Ben Cleveland will be a sophomore.  DJ Williams will also be the TE/H-Back.  Hillis has one year left. 

Would be nice to get one, but I don't think it's a must get. 

Space Man

I don't think Arkansas will get Joe Adams, so I

Quote from: bd93 on June 29, 2007, 10:39:37 am
Good Luck to him.  I hope that this is the bad news Richard was talking about.  I just don't want to lose Adam's.

I don't think Arkansas gets Joe Adams, and everyone knew Byrne was not coming to Arkansas.  When kids from the Northwest part of the state don't commit early, chances are slim they will come to Arkansas.  Some people just want to get away for college

killamon

plus his parents were Wisconsin alumnis.....so Arkansas's only chance of landing him was if Wis didnt offer......

Hawgballz

Congratulations to Jake.  I do not know if there is more bad news to come or not (I believe this is all of the bad news for now), but Joe Adams is not part of the bad news.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

hogsfan4l1fe

Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 29, 2007, 12:38:11 pm
but Joe Adams is not part of the bad news.

I think you may be wrong................ but I hope you are right.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: hogsfan4l1fe on June 29, 2007, 12:58:09 pm

SC
wait
and
C

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on June 29, 2007, 01:12:14 pm

SC
wait
and
C

if i was a big time wideout and SC recruited me, there is no way i could say no.

Beaverfever

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 29, 2007, 01:17:26 pm

SC
wait
and
C

if i was a big time wideout and SC recruited me, there is no way i could say no.
Yet so many people on this board bash houston relentlessly for not being able to compete with teams like USC.  So many people say that "there is no reason we can't recruit and compete with usc".

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Beaverfever on June 29, 2007, 01:39:12 pm

SC
wait
and
C

Yet so many people on this board bash houston relentlessly for not being able to compete with teams like USC.  So many people say that "there is no reason we can't recruit and compete with usc".

nutt is a "run up the middle" football coach.
Carrol is a championship coach and a coach that will have a balanced offense and send WRs to the pros.

Thats a no brainer

There's a big reason why we cannot compete with SC right now for our own players and his initials are HN.

bigguy551122

SC
wait
and
C

if he goes to usc he will play corner , that is what they told him they are recruiting him as
perfection is all i expect.

djgaffer

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal this morning:

QuoteArkansas tight end commits to Wisconsin
Madison - Jake Byrne, a 6-foot-4, 250-pound tight end from Rogers, Ark., has orally committed to the University of Wisconsin football team.

He is the 15th player known to commit to UW's 2008 recruiting class.

Byrne's decision came down to the Badgers and Arkansas. He also received scholarship offers from Kansas, Mississippi State, Tulsa, Georgia Tech and I-AA Missouri State.

By chosing Wisconsin, Byrne will be close to many of his relatives. His parents grew up in the state and he has family in Shullsburg and Sturgeon Bay.

He was also impressed with the school's mechanical engineering program and he loves how the Badgers make use of their tight ends.

"Their tight end (Travis Beckum) caught more passes than any other tight end (in the country)," Byrne said. "It's just the way they run their offense. It's a pro-style offense."
Good luck, Jake.

jackflash

good luck to Mr Byrne, I think we need to recruit another TE not sure Freeman or Bequette will not end up on offensive line, Hope with Cleveland and Williams we show other tight ends were not looking for a third tackle. We may lose kids us fans would like to see in Razor red, if these were my kids I would want to go where their the Happy. I believe its not who you lose that hurts, its who you take and doesn't produce.

Space Man

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 29, 2007, 01:43:56 pm

SC
wait
and
C

Carrol is a championship coach and a coach that will have a balanced offense and send WRs to the pros.

Thats a no brainer

There's a big reason why we cannot compete with SC right now for our own players and his initials are HN.

Arkansas can not compete with USC, because they are currently the top college football program in the country, and Pete Carrol is the head coach.  USC also has a nice campus with much better looking women and weather than Arkansas.  However, the neighborhood around the campus is rough. 

Oklahawg

Quote from: Space Man on June 30, 2007, 04:34:04 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 29, 2007, 01:43:56 pm

SC
wait
and
C

Thats a no brainer

Arkansas can not compete with USC, because they are currently the top college football program in the country, and Pete Carrol is the head coach.  USC also has a nice campus with much better looking women and weather than Arkansas.  However, the neighborhood around the campus is rough. 

Now, you leave the UA women out of this! The quality of women at UA has nothing to do with Nutt, Carroll or football. (Somebody needs to look out for the ladies, and I'll gladly volunteer.) :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra