Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Otis' Article

Started by jhudson84, June 28, 2007, 01:21:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jhudson84

This is a pay article but I find the preview very interesting.

"Arkansas has eight verbal commitments for football recruiting in the Class of 2008, and that number may very well grow by a couple more in the coming days. Come inside to find out who HawgSports.com has identified as potential commitments in the coming days, take a look at the 2008 in-state class, the current Razorback commitment list and much, much more."

http://arkansas.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=&script=/content.asp&cid=687137&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

jrodell

don't worry...he doesn't even mention any possible commitments

doesn't name a single player

jhudson84

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 28, 2007, 01:21:41 pm
This is a pay article but I find the preview very interesting.

"Come inside to find out who HawgSports.com has identified as potential commitments in the coming days"

Then it makes no sense why he would say this.

RazorAg

Quote from: jrodell on June 28, 2007, 02:08:58 pm
don't worry...he doesn't even mention any possible commitments

doesn't name a single player

The article does not; however, he does in the premium forum.  That is what was meant.

leavenworth1

It's a very good player that he's talking about. 

J.A.Y.

There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

whocares

dONT WORRY guys next week will be a good week for us in hog country and pink tomato country.hint

whocares

Tomhog™

Every now and then, rumors of new commitments come up.  I remember about a month ago hearing Youngblood saying he and Cruz were going to get a couple others to commit "soon".  Otis obviously heard some positive chatter, but not enough to name names...

MDW

Otis said on the radio the other day that Warren's Jarious Wright may be the next one to hop onboard.

Cresthog

Like I've been saying for the past couple months bow...WARREN AND CAMDEM lets get all those boys aboard and get Joe Adams on the hill too. Must gets for the class, we can't afford to miss out on these top instaters.

jhudson84

Cruz and Jim said themselves that we would have a couple really soon....They had to be talking about:

Jim: Lavunce or DA
Cruz: Joe Adams

I dont see Joe committing to anyone anytime soon.  I think we are getting really close with Askew.

jhudson84

I wonder where Childs fits in.

Last year we took only one WR Crosby Tuck but in 06 we loaded up with: Damian (transfer) and Dee Williams (JUCO).  Crawford, Salters, Norman, Gardner, and Wade.  Most of them redshirted and with this years guys:

Jay Wright, Cruz Williams, Dee Williams, and Joe Adams.  I wonder if we have room for 5 if we get all the above?

whocares

they only  want to sign 4 but they will not turn down Childs, Adams, or Wright.

501Ben

Arkansas only has room for two more wide receivers, so they will take the next two to commit, unless one of them is a big time athlete like Adams or Wright then they will give them a spot, but I think Wright is next to commit. Adams will go on visits, and take the recruiting process slower, so it will be a while before we get a better gauge on him.

jhudson84

Say they take the five WR's and they obviously are interested in several runningbacks....lets say we get committments from.....Curtis, DJ, and Watson.  Do they turn down Thomas Shuler the FL FB who we currently lead for.  Thats 9 players in 2 spots. 

501Ben

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 28, 2007, 03:24:40 pm
Say they take the five WR's and they obviously are interested in several runningbacks....lets say we get committments from.....Curtis, DJ, and Watson.  Do they turn down Thomas Shuler the FL FB who we currently lead for.  Thats 9 players in 2 spots. 

They may have too, but I just don't see them taking Watson if they get a commitment from DJ and Curtis and their grades are in order.

jhudson84

Childs said this earlier:

"But I really am undecided and just want to give everyone a fair chance and then make a decision," Childs said. "I will take my visits once the season is over."

So it may be a while with him as well.  Unless with Basmine and Jay choosing the hogs he decides to do so as well before the season starts.

501Ben

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 28, 2007, 03:26:32 pm

"But I really am undecided and just want to give everyone a fair chance and then make a decision," Childs said. "I will take my visits once the season is over."

So it may be a while with him as well.  Unless with Basmine and Jay choosing the hogs he decides to do so as well before the season starts.

If Arkansas get commitments from Adams and Wright before Childs is ready to commit, then he may be the odd man out in the receiver group, but I think Arkansas would take him no matter what because Adams can play CB/WR, and I have heard he is better on defense.

jhudson84

Watson is currently a three star but hes got some big time offers and stats.

Offers from:
Alabama
Ohio St.
Arkansas
Clemson
Boston College
UCLA
USF

Stats:
Finished his junior season with 2140 yards rushing for 34 touchdowns, ending the season with a 123-yard performance in the state title game.

jhudson84

Hes nearly 230 pounds running a 4.5, but as productive as he has been and with the teams wanting his as a RB, I dont think he would consider a move to FB.

501Ben

I have watched Watson's film, and he is good, but I think Arkansas is currently recruiting some better RBs: Curtis, DJ, Devin Thomas, LaMichael James, McGuffie, and Carlton Thomas.

Tomhog™

Quote from: 501Ben on June 28, 2007, 03:28:24 pm
Quote from: jhudson84 on June 28, 2007, 03:26:32 pm

“But I really am undecided and just want to give everyone a fair chance and then make a decision,” Childs said. “I will take my visits once the season is over.”

If Arkansas get commitments from Adams and Wright before Childs is ready to commit, then he may be the odd man out in the receiver group, but I think Arkansas would take him no matter what because Adams can play CB/WR, and I have heard he is better on defense.

It'd be hard not to take Childs.  They will probably give all a shot at WR, but move 2 of them or so to the DB side...

501Ben

I think one of the out of state DBs, Askew, or Wright is the next to commit.

jhudson84

I wish Jay would decide to start as corner with open possibilty of playing both ways.

jhudson84

I would probably take Watson or Thomas's and James b/c hes so different from what we already would have if DA and DJ committ.  I just dont see Mcguffie anywhere but UM or A&M

whocares

Ok here it is guys: Arkansas only wants 4 WRs but will take five if its childs, wright, and adams. Adams could end up at CB where he is a stud. Rbs Arkansas wants to take the two instate and one from out of state. NOT counting Fullback. They will take Shuler no matter what bc we need a FB after this next year.

jhudson84

I think Adams stays on O and Jay moves to D.  Joe is too much of a playmaker to be over there not saying Jay isnt but Joe is special

whocares

joe is little though. Man I would be afraid that he would get BROKE. Dont get me wrong kid is a stud and freak but I walked right up and talked to him at the 7on7 and he is LITTLE.

jhudson84

This picture of Joe almost made me throw up.

The_Bionic_Pig

June 28, 2007, 04:52:22 pm #31 Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 04:59:18 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
If the Arkansas coaches think some will not qualify they will take a kid in order to place him at a Prep or Juco Program.  We desperately need  Coach/ DR. Fitz Hill
Arkansas Baptist Buffs (Arkansas Juco) to get their football program up and running.  Think of how many players got away once we put them in a Kansas JUCO  >:(

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ListenHereMister

I have a gut feeling that says we get Adams and Wright, but lose Childs.
No info, just a feeling.
Also, don't be so sure about Askew.  In the latest Scout
article(I know it was an OU beat writer), he seemed
pretty high on OU and the overall recruiting process.

501Ben

Quote from: ListenHereMister on June 28, 2007, 06:27:35 pm
I have a gut feeling that says we get Adams and Wright, but lose Childs.
No info, just a feeling.
Also, don't be so sure about Askew.  In the latest Scout
article(I know it was an OU beat writer), he seemed
pretty high on OU and the overall recruiting process.

Askew is going to be a hog. He has said it many times to reporters off the record and friends.

ListenHereMister

Thanks 501Ben!

11-0 Going into Baton Rouge!!

Oklahawg

I thought Gardner didn't make it academically?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Porkahontas

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 28, 2007, 04:37:01 pm
This picture of Joe almost made me throw up.

A friend of a friend seems to think Joe Adams is USC bound before it's all said and done.

We'll see, but I get the impression the kid doesn't want to play at Arkansas right now.

#1 STUNNA

June 29, 2007, 12:10:29 am #38 Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 08:30:52 am by jhudson84
Quote from: jhudson84 on June 28, 2007, 03:43:14 pm
I think Adams stays on O and Jay moves to D.  Joe is too much of a playmaker to be over there not saying Jay isnt but Joe is special

jay wright is a playmaker wherever he is, i see him playing both ways when its all said and done

jpenrod1

Quote from: whocares on June 28, 2007, 03:40:18 pm
Ok here it is guys: Arkansas only wants 4 WRs but will take five if its childs, wright, and adams. Adams could end up at CB where he is a stud. Rbs Arkansas wants to take the two instate and one from out of state. NOT counting Fullback. They will take Shuler no matter what bc we need a FB after this next year.

I think if they move Joe from offense that would be the worst of all of Nutt's decisions. Adams is the best WR in Arkansas. he can put on wait.  he is one of the best in the country(if you disagree look at his offers). from what i have heard he is everywhere from "a hog who is just enjoying the time" to " no way will he be in arkansas". oh and in previous post i have said staying close to home could be a plus. i recently found out his family is going to move wherever he goes. so there goes that. i still think DJ and Cruz will have some say, and i hope it is enough.

jhudson84

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on June 29, 2007, 12:10:29 am
Quote from: jhudson84 on June 28, 2007, 03:43:14 pm

jay wright is a playmaker wherever he is, i see him playing both ways when its all said and done

It would be nice to have a two way athlete it would help in recruiting similiar type players.

whocares

jpen when he was at USC Joe was offered as a DB. THis kid is way better DB then he is WR. I do disagree I went to the 7on7 where he won MVP of the DBs and Cruz won the MVP WR. Joe shut down Dan Buckner the guy going to Texas but I will disagree with you jpen he is a better CB than he is WR.

jhudson84

Hell do it like this........

Game 1  WR JOE ADAMS  CB JAY WRIGHT
Game 2 WR JAY WRIGHT CB JOE ADAMS
Game 3 WR JOE ADAMS CB JAY WRIGHT
........so on so on

Beaverfever

Quote from: jpenrod1 on June 29, 2007, 12:17:05 am
Quote from: whocares on June 28, 2007, 03:40:18 pm

I think if they move Joe from offense that would be the worst of all of Nutt's decisions. Adams is the best WR in Arkansas. he can put on wait.  he is one of the best in the country(if you disagree look at his offers). from what i have heard he is everywhere from "a hog who is just enjoying the time" to " no way will he be in arkansas". oh and in previous post i have said staying close to home could be a plus. i recently found out his family is going to move wherever he goes. so there goes that. i still think DJ and Cruz will have some say, and i hope it is enough.
Moving to the other end of the country to a totally different environment is still a BIG decision. 

jhudson84

whocares

Joe isnt coming here but I think Askew is 100% lock to come here. Kid is veryvery good and NO DOUBT in my mind that we get all three from Camden. At least two from Warren and if Joe doesnt come I think we get Greg Childs as well.

Justme

Quote from: whocares on June 29, 2007, 09:35:30 am
Joe isnt coming here but I think Askew is 100% lock to come here. Kid is veryvery good and NO DOUBT in my mind that we get all three from Camden. At least two from Warren and if Joe doesnt come I think we get Greg Childs as well.
NO DOUBT?  And you know this how?

whocares

June 29, 2007, 09:39:21 am #47 Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 10:20:42 am by jhudson84
Bc we have one and Im friends with Deanthony. Why come off like that???

COCHISE

June 29, 2007, 10:17:43 am #48 Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 10:21:06 am by jhudson84
Like others he was just interested to hear what made you so sure about Askew and Curtis.  I for one am excited about what you have to say.  Also, do you know when these two might make it official?

whocares

I apologize then I must have read it and taken it wrong. NO problem. Dont have a clue man I cant get on my email to to email De today so I havent talked to him today but I assure you he will be a hog. Ill see what all I can get out of him today. Ill actually text him and see if he has anything I can put out there. I wont put something out there that he doesnt want out there so if he says its a no go I wont post anything on the situation.