Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DeAnthony Curtis...

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, June 28, 2007, 11:43:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

whocares

Guys this guy would be a HUGE get imo when he signs with Arkansas.

Hollywood_HOGan45

he is rated very high but his offers are not that impressive.

the only really high profile schools that have offered are Arkansas and Tennessee.

Im sure he is still a very good player but was just wondering about that.

I figure its probably because of grades.

whocares

he has good grades. He is ranked the #2 all purpose RB in the nation. I assure you this kid is very good. Ok State is a decent school. Texas Tech is a good school as well.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 28, 2007, 01:56:59 pm

the only really high profile schools that have offered are Arkansas and Tennessee.

Because the other schools have not been getting good feedback from a Arkansas kid, especially with J. Youngblood in his ear  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

RazorAg

Just goes to show you can't always base the talent of the recruit on the number of offers, who they are offered by and their star ratings.

Darren McFadden had a reported 3 offers...

killamon

Quote from: RazorAg on June 28, 2007, 02:31:53 pm

Just goes to show you can't always base the talent of the recruit on the number of offers, who they are offered by and their star ratings.

Darren McFadden had a reported 3 offers...

i think dmac's other offers were Tenn and Bama

whocares

exactly killamon Curtis other offers are Tenn, Ok State, Texas Tech, and Ole Miss

Tomhog™

Quote from: whocares on June 28, 2007, 01:59:24 pm
he has good grades. He is ranked the #2 all purpose RB in the nation. I assure you this kid is very good. Ok State is a decent school. Texas Tech is a good school as well.

It'd be sweet to land #1 Sam McGuffie and #2 DeAnthony Curtis.  I don't think we'd get them both, but I'd take either one!

whocares

no doubt tomcat. I think we land Curtis pretty soon actually. I also think Sam will not take an official visit here unless Dmac and us win some games.

Cresthog

i couldnt watch the video...what did it say?

whocares

not to much it said that Jim Y tells him everyday that he looks good in red and that it was between Arkansas, TT, Tenn, Ok State, Ole Miss, and Miss State

Hogstocking

Clemson isn't exactly chump change either.  CJ Spiller and James Davis are probably the second best RB duo in the nation behind DMAC and Felix IMO.

COCHISE

Quote from: Tomcat on June 28, 2007, 03:00:04 pm
Quote from: whocares on June 28, 2007, 01:59:24 pm

It'd be sweet to land #1 Sam McGuffie and #2 DeAnthony Curtis.  I don't think we'd get them both, but I'd take either one!
Would a commitment from Curtis eliminate Arkansas' chances with McGuffie?  Not that it matters, I'd be happy with either one.

ListenHereMister

I don't think it would.
McGuffie and Curtis could play on field at same time.

Hog are ya

I'm out of state so I get most of my recruiting knowledge from you guys this past year.  Obviously he is good and we want him from what I read.  Are his stats misleading?  Did he miss some games last year?  Under 600 rushing and 700 receiving, would be modest with a deep run in the playoffs?  I know they have alot of weapons but that's 40ish a game.    What's the story?

thanks

BJ15

shared time with a senior RB going to UCA

jackflash

would like to have both of them, getting one will not stop us getting the other, each know whatever school they will attend are recruiting more than him, and will do so the next year, especially LSU,USC.OHST,MICH, that just the way it is

Space Man

Quote from: whocares on June 28, 2007, 02:58:46 pm
exactly killamon Curtis other offers are Tenn, Ok State, Texas Tech, and Ole Miss

Clemson has offered as well

Space Man

Quote from: Hog are ya on June 30, 2007, 05:22:54 am
I'm out of state so I get most of my recruiting knowledge from you guys this past year.  Obviously he is good and we want him from what I read.  Are his stats misleading?  Did he miss some games last year?  Under 600 rushing and 700 receiving, would be modest with a deep run in the playoffs?  I know they have alot of weapons but that's 40ish a game.    What's the story?

thanks

He had a lot of yards on kickoff and punt returns as well.  He showed a lot of versatility for Camden, but a lot of the carries went to Eric Blantche who is super quick.  A lot of Camden games were over by halftime as well.