Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arthur Brown Recruiting Article

Started by Tomhog™, June 28, 2007, 08:10:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Phatasshog

With the size of our inside LBs, he doesnt need to gain a pound.

Look at Weston Dacus, he is only 225 or so.

dasheets12

i know this butler guy works for a nonprofit, but it sounds like brown's got a recruiting agent. hmmm, i wonder if this is the future of recruiting among the top players....it wouldn't surprise me. 

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Tomcat on June 28, 2007, 08:10:05 am

link

I hope AR doesn't want him as an inside LB.  He's going to rule all them out as he doesn't want to gain the 20 pounds to play the spot.

I'm guessing they'd let him pick his spot.... he sounds that remarkable.  but also, his little brother sounds even better as a RB.  it didn't mention anything about them being a package deal but you can imagine his brother having an interest in arkansas after all of the RB's we've had
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Tomcat on June 28, 2007, 08:10:05 am

link

I hope AR doesn't want him as an inside LB.  He's going to rule all them out as he doesn't want to gain the 20 pounds to play the spot. 

There is only about a 2% chance he goes to Arkansas anyway. 

jhudson84

Well thats a higher percentage than most other SEC schools.  I know hes a longshot but if we can get him in here and let him talk with Reggie and see the intensity our defense plays with.........I really think we can help ourselves, not saying we get him but make a case for the razorbacks.

whocares

2% are you kidding come on we have a higher chance to get him than that. He would love to come to Arkansas and play as a true freshman. Not saying we will get him but IMO we will get an official visit from him during the season.

jpenrod1

did he visit already or say he is going to visit. i thought i remembered him and his brother saying they were going to come check us out.

arklahoman36

Quote from: jpenrod1 on June 28, 2007, 11:35:21 am
did he visit already or say he is going to visit. i thought i remembered him and his brother saying they were going to come check us out.

He is heading to LSU and Fla to visit in July, said he will stop by Arkansas on the way back, and then making a final stop at OU before returning to Wichita with the intent of narrowing his list of favorites -- according to an interview he did with James Hale of OU Insider.

jpenrod1

ok good. it seems like we always have a lot better chance at people if we can get them on campus.

hogtheznutts

Quote from: Phatasshog on June 28, 2007, 08:31:24 am
With the size of our inside LBs, he doesnt need to gain a pound.

Look at Weston Dacus, he is only 225 or so.

He's coming on an unofficial this summer, which is awful impressive considering he's the number 1 recruit in the country.  WPS!!

whocares

he and his brother will be coming to Arkansas and they are also brining a player from their school. Cant remember his name but he will come with them.

jhudson84

The article says they are "touring with nine players"

He would be a huge committment and really get alot of others guys interested in UA.

KillerK4

Too much hype.... I hate it when theres a lot of hype surrounding a player like that... Dont get me wrong I would love to have him too but our coaching staff doesnt have a good history in dealing elite players... Just my opinion

Tomhog™

It's just me, but the only schools I could see Arthur committing to would be Ohio State, USC, or another elite program.  Arkansas just isn't in that echelon...

whocares

killer K what about Dmac who have we had trouble with besides MM??? Batman was handled well while at UofA. Not sure what you mean.

VenturaHog

Quote from: whocares on June 28, 2007, 02:57:50 pm
killer K what about Dmac who have we had trouble with besides MM??? Batman was handled well while at UofA. Not sure what you mean.

save this for mmqb

I know we're a long shot on him but I like this trend, it seems like we're never on the list for a kid like this. He could be an SEC star here, start as a true freshman. Stranger things have happened.

Tomhog™

Quote from: KillerK4 on June 28, 2007, 01:02:07 pm
Too much hype.... I hate it when theres a lot of hype surrounding a player like that... Dont get me wrong I would love to have him too but our coaching staff doesnt have a good history in dealing elite players... Just my opinion

We could go into this, but it would derail the thread.  Then I'd have to split it and trash it.  I don't believe hype has anything to do with it.

Landonhog

Quote from: dasheets12 on June 28, 2007, 09:16:23 am
i know this butler guy works for a nonprofit, but it sounds like brown's got a recruiting agent. hmmm, i wonder if this is the future of recruiting among the top players....it wouldn't surprise me. 

My thoughts exactly...  The game is going down the tubes, because of recruiting.......