Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarke and Warren tidbit

Started by Tomhog™, June 28, 2007, 08:09:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

link

I'm shocked that Arkansas isn't mentioned as a team recruiting both Clarke and Warren.  Granted, it's an OU writer that wrote this, but I'm pretty sure Pel is after both players.

Realist

warren hasn't mentioned us at all in a while

311Hog

it wouldnt make any sense at all to not recruit both of those guards like crazy. That will be one insane backcourt for some lucky team.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: 311Hog on June 28, 2007, 09:40:39 am
it wouldnt make any sense at all to not recruit both of those guards like crazy. That will be one insane backcourt for some lucky team.

i dont have any inside info but i bet they end up at KU.

Even Clarke's HS coach (his uncle) said about a month ago that he thought he would end up at KU.

jhudson84

If so they better hurry the weisel has offers out to half the pg's in the nation and just about everyone else including landing Deandre Liggins yesterday.

HawgG

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 28, 2007, 10:49:11 am
Quote from: 311Hog on June 28, 2007, 09:40:39 am

Even Clarke's HS coach (his uncle) said about a month ago that he thought he would end up at KU.

You may be right but do not rule out the Sooners to land both of these guys.

I remember Warren saying about a month or so ago that he was real impressed by Coach Capel and his staff how they were recruiting Clarke.

At that time he became very interested in the Sooners.

BTW Our 2 former assistant coaches are really doing well for their new schools.

Credit Glenn Cyprien for getting Liggins to go to Kentucky.When he was on Stan's staff here he had Liggins interested in becoming a Razorback.We would have gotten DeAndre if there wasn't a change.

Coach Taliferro seems to be doing a great job for OU by all accounts judging by the intrest of certain prospects.

Liggins, Warren, Garcia, Gates, Moore, Harris, Clarke, :( :'(

JoyDivision

Otis said that with Joyner comitting we have slacked off on them.  I guess we need more big men and we have Hall and Gulley in line for 09. FWIW

NAYHog

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 28, 2007, 11:07:35 am
If so they better hurry the weisel has offers out to half the pg's in the nation and just about everyone else including landing Deandre Liggins yesterday.

I believe by KU he is meaning Kansas.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: JoyDivision on June 28, 2007, 11:39:45 am
Otis said that with Joyner comitting we have slacked off on them.  I guess we need more big men and we have Hall and Gulley in line for 09. FWIW

that totally sucks

Tomhog™

That doesn't make sense.  We have quite a few openings and could use another PG and SG...

Hollywood_HOGan45

[/quote]

You may be right but do not rule out the Sooners to land both of these guys.

I remember Warren saying about a month or so ago that he was real impressed by Coach Capel and his staff how they were recruiting Clarke.

At that time he became very interested in the Sooners.

BTW Our 2 former assistant coaches are really doing well for their new schools.

Credit Glenn Cyprien for getting Liggins to go to Kentucky.When he was on Stan's staff here he had Liggins interested in becoming a Razorback.We would have gotten DeAndre if there wasn't a change.

Coach Taliferro seems to be doing a great job for OU by all accounts judging by the intrest of certain prospects.

Liggins, Warren, Garcia, Gates, Moore, Harris, Clarke, :( :'(
[/quote]

There is no way i would ever go to oklahoma to play basketball.

Those guys up there don't get excited about basketball even when they're really good.

and for the 100000000000000000th time, there is no way you can assume that we get all those good players if heath was still here.

jhudson84

If those guys were solely interested in Heath then they would be committed to the University of S. Florida.

Realist

Joyner over Willie Warren and Clarke.....great

HawgG

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 28, 2007, 01:57:32 pm
If those guys were solely interested in Heath then they would be committed to the University of S. Florida.

You're kidding right?

Most kids don't seem to know that South Florida has a basketball program, despite all the great talent in the area.

BTW you did notice that I involved the staff as playing major roles in recruiting.

I thought I was clear in pointing out what great recruiters Taliferro and Cyprien are and would have done here.

There was little to no focus on Heath in my original reply to the topic.

The_Bionic_Pig

Rotnie Clarke (IMO) will pick between Arkansas & Oklahoma and yes Coach Pel is still in persuit of Willie Warren.

Coach Pel is also hot and heavy after Click Me  And Click Me
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgG

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 28, 2007, 01:52:07 pm

Those guys up there don't get excited about basketball even when they're really good.

and for the 100000000000000000th time, there is no way you can assume that we get all those good players if heath was still here.

You might not go play at OU but if you have followed recruiting just over the last few years you would be surprised at how many talented players have strongly consider being a Sooner.

Fans don't get excited about Florida, LSU, or Alabama basketball either but that hasn't stopped them from getting great players to sign there.

Now for the 1000000000000000001th reply if you follow recruiting closely you would know that we would have had a GREAT chance of getting most of the guys you and I have debated about for the last 2 months.

Believe what you want but if the WHOLE STAFF had stayed we would have signed a memorable 2008 class as in a good way and not like the sad 2005 class that costed the program big-time.

beansandtaters

Quote from: HawgG on June 28, 2007, 06:43:38 pm
Quote from: jhudson84 on June 28, 2007, 01:57:32 pm

You're kidding right?

Most kids don't seem to know that South Florida has a basketball program, despite all the great talent in the area.

BTW you did notice that I involved the staff as playing major roles in recruiting.

I thought I was clear in pointing out what great recruiters Taliferro and Cyprien are and would have done here.

There was little to no focus on Heath in my original reply to the topic.

Recruiting doesn't really matter when you can't win a single game in the tournament though, does it?  I think Coach Pel is doing a great job. If he gets off of certain players, it may be because others fit his up and down tempo better. Give him a chance to get some of the class filled. I bet we end up being very pleased especially after what I think will be a season that puts AR back on the map next year.

HawgG

Quote from: beansandtaters on June 28, 2007, 07:03:14 pm
Recruiting doesn't really matter when you can't win a single game in the tournament though, does it?  I think Coach Pel is doing a great job. If he gets off of certain players, it may be because others fit his up and down tempo better. Give him a chance to get some of the class filled. I bet we end up being very pleased especially after what I think will be a season that puts AR back on the map next year.

Why, Why do people think that I am taking shots at Coach Pel when I write something or anything about the former staff or what ifs.

If I don't like something I'm not afraid to write it or vice versa when I like something.

As for the rest of your reply, well I rather just watch the draft.

BTW never forget that I am a Razorbacks fan during the good and bad times no matter who is coaching.

That is not up for debate.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HawgG on June 28, 2007, 07:17:35 pm

Why, Why do people think that I am taking shots at Coach Pel when I write something or anything about the former staff or what ifs.

If I don't like something I'm not afraid to write it or vice versa when I like something.

BTW never forget that I am a Razorbacks fan during the good and bad times no matter who is coaching.

Never take anything on a message board personally HawgG.  Its no different if Nolan or Sutton's name was mentioned.  Some still harbor some bad feelings toward the before mentioned coaches.  This does not take away from your post which is usually backed up with fact.  Keep up the great work.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgG

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 28, 2007, 07:29:00 pm

Never take anything on a message board personally HawgG.  Its no different if Nolan or Sutton's name was mentioned.  Some still harbor some bad feelings toward the before mentioned coaches.  This does not take away from your post which is usually backed up with fact.  Keep up the great work.

You are right Stewie and thanks for the show of support.

BTW I am getting a little nervous as the Pistons pick at 15 is fast approaching.

Also why did the Bulls draft Noah when they already have 2 players like that.They must have a big trade in the works.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgG on June 28, 2007, 06:57:51 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 28, 2007, 01:52:07 pm

You might not go play at OU but if you have followed recruiting just over the last few years you would be surprised at how many talented players have strongly consider being a Sooner.

Fans don't get excited about Florida, LSU, or Alabama basketball either but that hasn't stopped them from getting great players to sign there.

Now for the 1000000000000000001th reply if you follow recruiting closely you would know that we would have had a GREAT chance of getting most of the guys you and I have debated about for the last 2 months.

Believe what you want but if the WHOLE STAFF had stayed we would have signed a memorable 2008 class as in a good way and not like the sad 2005 class that costed the program big-time.

If we would have kept heath we would have had

Garnett, Durant, Kobe, Greg Oden, Mike Conley, and Al Thornton.

Remember, there is never a for sure thing in recruiting.  Emeka Okafor was ours and he changed at the last minute. Thad YOung was ours and he changed at the last minute.

beansandtaters

Quote from: beansandtaters on June 28, 2007, 07:03:14 pm

Man, relax...I never doubted you were a hog fan I just thought I would give a counterpoint to your point. My point was simply that while Heath and his whole staff did have a good reputation as recruiters, different coaches and styles may look at different players. If we don't get Warren and Clarke and do get some of the other 4 and 5 star players Pel is on, I will judge the trade-off when I see them play. Either way, here's what I offer to you...good recruiting and good Xs and Os coaching beats great recruiting and terrible Xs and Os coaching most of the time.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 28, 2007, 06:52:44 pm

Coach Pel is also hot and heavy after Click Me  And Click Me

Elliott Williams would be a HECK of a get.  That's the type player we need to be a Final Four contender.  Courtney Fortson would add tremendous depth to our PG position.  I know Arkansas can't pick and choose, but it'd be nice to land one or two of the premier recruits.

Realist

I'm from TN and yes Elliot Williams would be amazingly big if we could get him

HawgG

Quote from: beansandtaters on June 28, 2007, 09:30:49 pm
Man, relax...I never doubted you were a hog fan I just thought I would give a counterpoint to your point. My point was simply that while Heath and his whole staff did have a good reputation as recruiters, different coaches and styles may look at different players. If we don't get Warren and Clarke and do get some of the other 4 and 5 star players Pel is on, I will judge the trade-off when I see them play. Either way, here's what I offer to you...good recruiting and good Xs and Os coaching beats great recruiting and terrible Xs and Os coaching most of the time.

I'm as cool as the other side of the pillow these days so I'm very relaxed.

BTW I find nothing wrong with this reply of yours.Very fair ;)

However you had 2 different points.One you talked about Coach Pel recruiting.The 2nd point you talked about great recruiting/terrible X's & O's losing most of the time to good recruiting/great X's and O's but that obviously has nothing to do with Coach Pel.

I do like the topic as it is worth debating in the future.Please bring it up on a slow day sometime as it should gather a lot of conversation.

hogsfan4l1fe

Marbles is just setting up the spin.

BleedsBlue

Quote from: Tomcat on June 28, 2007, 10:03:47 pm
Rotnie Clarke (IMO) will pick between Arkansas & Oklahoma and yes Coach Pel is still in persuit of Willie Warren.

Exactly.

You may be correct TomCat, but until Clarke visits UK this weekend it is not a for sure thing.  Warren was also quoted that Liggins verbal to UK did not affect his desire to keep UK on his list.  I will let you know the feedback from Clarke's visit later. 

Tomhog™

Quote from: BleedsBlue on June 29, 2007, 10:02:24 am

Exactly.

You may be correct TomCat, but until Clarke visits UK this weekend it is not a for sure thing.  Warren was also quoted that Liggins verbal to UK did not affect his desire to keep UK on his list.  I will let you know the feedback from Clarke's visit later. 

I was nebulous with my response.  I was referring strictly to Pel still recruiting Warren.  I don't count out other schools as Rotnei's destination.

BleedsBlue

Quote from: Tomcat on June 29, 2007, 10:34:39 am
Quote from: BleedsBlue on June 29, 2007, 10:02:24 am

Exactly.

I was nebulous with my response.  I was referring strictly to Pel still recruiting Warren.  I don't count out other schools as Rotnei's destination.
Sorry, didn't catch that.  Warren going to prep his senior year to a school [Oak Hill Academy] that is favorable to UK is a good thing for us.  I still think both Warren and Clarke want to play together, but so did Patterson and Lucas and you know the results of that.  In the end both players will go to the school of their choice.  My guess is it may not be the same schools.
Also Andre Clark from NLR is visiting UK this weekend.  He is hoping to be eligable for 07 and has OU high on his list.  UK is still seeking a big for 07.  We are also looking at L. Washington that had verballed to USC.  Still waiting his ACT score.