Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Warren connection on Basmine Jones, pretty excited

Started by Jim Harris, June 26, 2007, 04:30:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

He didn't know Basmine Jones had committed, but he says he's a good one. This man sees every Warren game and has for decades. His take:

"He played receiver and, oh yeah, he caught a lot of balls. Now, I wouldn't compare him to Bret Smith, nobody compares to Bret Smith. Bret Smith had this wonderfully ability to worm his way and get away from people and make these little cuts and this  kind of stuff. He was extremely agile. By the way, Bret's going for a tryout period with Buffalo.

"But Basmine is just a good, big kid. Plays defense really well and hits. He's what we call 'swoof' down here.

"Compared to Childs and Wright, see Childs is 6-foot-4, which helps. And Wright is the fastest thing out there. One step on you and he's gone. Jones is bigger, heavier than they are and pretty much as fast. He catches everything thrown to him. They all can. Hell, they're out there every day playing passing games with each other, that's why they're so good at it.

It's possible they offered him to get the other guys, but I think he's good enough on his own to play at Fayetteville. And isn't that a wonderful name, Basmine Jones."

Can't you hear Chuck calling it now. ;D

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

jhudson84

I think he helps with the other two but he is more than worthy of an offer if he was at Nashville.  Good speed and physically ready to go.

501Ben

He has offers from Ole Miss and Tennessee so he is legit prospect in my opinion. I hope we get all three Warren players, but getting him is great news in itself.

501Ben

Quote from: Tomcat on June 26, 2007, 07:53:39 pm
If memory serves correct, Coach Hembree said he could be better than the other two at the next level.  I hope we get to find out when they all become Hogs!

I think your right. I remember reading a Coach Hembree quote that was something along those lines.