Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren's Basmine Jones commits to Hogs

Started by MDW, June 26, 2007, 03:15:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDW

June 26, 2007, 03:15:55 pm Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 04:35:39 pm by MDW
This per Otis Kirk this afternoon on Sports Rap.

6-1, 210 athlete

#1 STUNNA

hes a physical specimen from warren, i didnt figure he would sign with the hogs

blueshog2001

It is great to have a presence back in Warren. Glad to have you Basmin!!! :razorback:

killamon

good stuff....this should help with Jarious...

#1 STUNNA

this could have a big impact on the others

501Ben

whocares

This will have an impact stunna. Do you play football for Warren? Just wondering at the 7on7 in LR I talked to Mr. Childs and another gentleman the whole day pretty much just wondering if you were a player on the team.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: whocares on June 26, 2007, 03:30:52 pm
This will have an impact stunna. Do you play football for Warren? Just wondering at the 7on7 in LR I talked to Mr. Childs and another gentleman the whole day pretty much just wondering if you were a player on the team.

i play football at AR tech, i played with all these boys my senior year, they were sophomores than

killamon

has anyone seen him play??  if so, how does he look??  Legit D1 prospect?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: killamon on June 26, 2007, 03:32:46 pm

out of all the warren players many think he will have the best college career, he is physically ready to play right now

501Ben

Quote from: killamon on June 26, 2007, 03:32:46 pm

6' 195lbs 4.5 on rivals Bio. I think he is ready to play. In articles I have read he is said to be the most physical of all the warren players.

whocares

stunna do you think he plays OLB or CB? Also that great news man glad to hear you are playing college football. I played at Henderson State and Bos Brother was a GA there my freshman year cant really even remember his first name off the top of my head but either way good to hear.

Hog Fan from Camden

Good News!  This will definately help with the other Warren guys!  #1 Stunna, thanks for your insight on these guys, young man.

MDW

Otis says he thinks Basmin may play at linebacker, though he could play at safety or corner.

He also said he thinks Jarius will be the next Warren player to jump on board.

hawgette

anyone have a link to his player bio ?  Thanks in advance :razorback:

whocares

Terrance Hampton committed and went to Arkansas for one year he was the same age as Brett Smith and Reshawn Fellows. J Wright will commit after the Seniors camp.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: whocares on June 26, 2007, 03:36:45 pm
stunna do you think he plays OLB or CB? Also that great news man glad to hear you are playing college football. I played at Henderson State and Bos Brother was a GA there my freshman year cant really even remember his first name off the top of my head but either way good to hear.

if i were a coach i would put him at safety or olb, he will flat hit youin your mouth and let you know about it

#1 STUNNA

Im not sure if any of you ever watched Mcfadden on defence in high school, that is who i would compare basmine jones to

killamon

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on June 26, 2007, 03:43:26 pm
Im not sure if any of you ever watched Mcfadden on defence in high school, that is who i would compare basmine jones to

wow......thats a helluva comparasion

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: drakehog on June 26, 2007, 03:47:06 pm
Jones has a way to go on the grades.

he will get those grades up or his mom will grab a hold of those ears, he has benn doing alot better than what he was doing

Jim Harris

June 26, 2007, 03:56:56 pm #23 Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 03:58:51 pm by drakehog
Quote from: #1 STUNNA on June 26, 2007, 03:50:52 pm
Quote from: drakehog on June 26, 2007, 03:47:06 pm
Jones has a way to go on the grades.

he will get those grades up or his mom will grab a hold of those ears, he has benn doing alot better than what he was doing

They all wait until the spring and summer going into the senior year to start opening the books and trying to make C or better. I'll never forget being around Basil Shabazz and, as early as the 7th grade, everybody, and I mean everybody, was telling him "Hit the books, you gotta have the grades," etc., etc. Of course, he didn't come close to having the grades, and I would read people posting years later on message boards like this one blaming "the people around him." Again, more bullchit there, the people around him did everything but take the damn tests and turn in the papers for him and he still didn't do it. Point being, I don't understand, after 20 or so years of this type of expectation in terms of grades, that kids from seventh grade on don't get it and don't start getting with it until it gets too close, or they don't have the core subjects, or understand how to take a standardized test.

Worst, to me, is that our recruiting seems to be geared toward more kids who are longshots to make it anyway, either with the intent of propping up the class, or of hopefully getting them back after two years in JUCO (happened ONCE in nine years), or signing the calf to get the cow and eventually getting neither.

All that said, I hope Basmine is getting his grades in order and makes it with no worries. His talent apparently is blossoming at the right time.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Tomhog™

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on June 26, 2007, 03:43:26 pm

I love that his coach thinks he can turn out to be the best of the three in college.

jhudson84

Wow, I go to the bathroom, get a little work done, come back and we have another committment.  These has been a pretty good day, lets hope he gets qualified and helps with the other two.....WOOOOOOPIGGGGGGGGGGSOIEEEEEEEE!

Jim Harris

Quote from: whocares on June 26, 2007, 03:41:17 pm
Terrance Hampton committed and went to Arkansas for one year he was the same age as Brett Smith and Reshawn Fellows. J Wright will commit after the Seniors camp.

Hampton, though he signed with UA, never made it to Fayetteville. He chose to enroll at Arkansas State, where he could be admitted immediately.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: drakehog on June 26, 2007, 04:00:41 pm

Hampton, though he signed with UA, never made it to Fayetteville. He chose to enroll at Arkansas State, where he could be admitted immediately.

he was at arkansas tech playing and then quit, and now he is playing at arkansas baptist

MDW

Basmin is on Sports Rap talking with Chuck and Otis right now...

jhudson84

Quote from: MDW on June 26, 2007, 04:07:10 pm
Basmin is on Sports Rap talking with Chuck and Otis right now...

UPDATE US.........is there an internet link to chucks show?

Jim Harris

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on June 26, 2007, 04:03:49 pm
Quote from: drakehog on June 26, 2007, 04:00:41 pm

he was at arkansas tech playing and then quit, and now he is playing at arkansas baptist

That should be real interesting. Where does he stand on his NCAA "clock." Can he even be playing for a 2-year football team having been in the college game since, what?, 2003.

Beaverfever

Wonder why Basmin isn't on scout's database.  I thought he was a fairly well reguarded recruit.  Did he have any other decent offers?

Jim Harris

Quote from: Beaverfever on June 26, 2007, 04:15:11 pm
Wonder why Basmin isn't on scout's database.  I thought he was a fairly well reguarded recruit.  Did he have any other decent offers?

According to Otis, Scout's database is way behind the game compared with Rivals.

I'm just the messenger here, don't shoot me if you like Scout or something.

501Ben

Tennessee and Ole Miss are his other two SEC offers.

jhudson84

Was getting looks from both MS schools, I believe

Beaverfever

Quote from: drakehog on June 26, 2007, 04:16:39 pm

According to Otis, Scout's database is way behind the game compared with Rivals.

I'm just the messenger here, don't shoot me if you like Scout or something.
nah just wondering.  Just found Richard's interview with Basmin and he said he had some pretty good offers.  Also said he and Jarious are cousins.  This sounds good.

MDW

Sports Rap interview:

Basmin said Arkansas is looking at him at cornerback or wide receiver.

He said he really likes Fayetteville, and all the off-the-field stuff didn't have any influence on his decision.

He expects Warren to do very well this year.

Said he's now turning into a recruiter for the Hogs.

ListenHereMister

Congrats Basmin.
Welcome aboard!!
Camden 3?
Warren 3?
Muskogee 2?
That's 32% of our class right there!!

MDW

I apologize for not spelling his name right -- it's Basmine.

jhudson84

Quote from: MDW on June 26, 2007, 04:32:52 pm
I apologize for not spelling his name right -- it's Basmine.

I think were all so excited you could have spelled anyway you want and we didnt care, thanks for the news.

Hogstocking

Glad to have Jones on board! 

It's hard to believe we could potentially have 13 or so commitments before the hogs play their first game. 

Bomis Hawg

Great news.
Arkansas needed some influence from the south part of the state in recruiting.
Hopefully, another commit and some from Camden happen soon.
Welcome aboard Mr. Jones!

Hollywood_HOGan45

we need some good sized corners plus he'll help us get Wright and CHilds

lebronfan23

i think that was a good choice for mr.jones i think jay will be the next one and if jay commit then i tihnk we can get childs

hogsmaster

bigguy551122

perfection is all i expect.

Wu Tang Clan

Because Scout sucks

The Coletrain

Welcome to the program, Basmine!!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

This is a really positive sign for our program.  This class is taking shape very quickly and putting us in a great position to be a little more choosy as we get closer to February. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

asuindianman

From what I hear, the kid is a helluva' natural athlete.

jpenrod1

channel 10 just said he was 6'1 205. i hope he is 205