Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss picks up 18th committment

Started by jhudson84, June 26, 2007, 01:35:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jhudson84

The Rebs now have 18 verbals....including 8 since Friday.  Talk about an exciting week for their fans.  They are getting some quality talent as well.

MS-7
TN-2
LA-1
MO-1
GA-1
FL-1
TX-1

MS JUCO-2
CA JUCO- 1
KA JUCO- 1
http://mississippi.scout.com/a.z?s=177&p=9&c=8&yr=2008

Hollywood_HOGan45

wow

and we thought we were recruiting well

jhudson84

If someone would just tell Org that you have to coach as well, Ole Miss would be in business.

Hogstocking

June 26, 2007, 02:26:23 pm #3 Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 02:32:26 pm by Hogstocking
Rivals has them with 19 commits...4 of them have a RR rating over 5.5 with only 1 four star.  Arkansas already has 4 with RR ratings over 5.5 and we have 1/3 the commits they do.

I'm not  impressed, at all.  Compared to Orgerons previous 2 classes this one on paper is by far the worst so far.

TheHogFan

Quote from: Hogstocking on June 26, 2007, 02:26:23 pm
Rivals has them with 19 commits...4 of them have a RR rating over 5.5 with only 1 four star.  Arkansas already has 4 with RR ratings over 5.5 and we have 1/3 the commits they do.

I'm not  impressed, at all.  Compared to Orgerons previous 2 classes this one on paper is by far the worst so far.
I was about to write the same thing. The majority of the commitments are two stars. Now I am not a big star gazer, but compared to previous classes, this one is pitiful.

beansandtaters

Quote from: Hogstocking on June 26, 2007, 02:26:23 pm

This is true, but if they will wise up and fire Orgeron and hire an Xs and Os coach to coach those last two classes, they could be very tough, very soon.

Boner

They also have to make it on campus, which OM has had trouble with lately.

ListenHereMister

By the way, did Schaeffer get bumped to 2nd string?

Theolesnort

Rivals and Scout giveth and Scout and Rivals taketh away. The stars will change a lot by late Fall.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Bomis Hawg

Brent Schaeffer is now second string QB.  Seth Adams is now listed as the starter.  I think this was done after or during spring ball.

ListenHereMister

Thanks Boomis.
By the way, do other SEC schools have versions of Hogville?
Would love to hear who these others schools think they
are going to recruit.

Bomis Hawg

I know Georgia and Tennessee have some various boards.  I've been on VolTalk.  They, along with a Kentucky board, were linked with Hogville at one time.

Personally, I don't know of any off hand.  There are a few SEC boards to surf on.

Oklahawg

I've never been as high on Orgeron's recruiting classes as have others on here. Now, they know this business better than I do, but I see a lot of stretches and kids like Powe who make you look good on paper but may never set foot on a college campus.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra