Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivals Oklahoma 20

Started by Tomhog™, June 26, 2007, 08:21:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

link

6 different players have Arkansas listed as Medium.  Most if not all are in the top ten of the list.  If we can go into Oklahoma again and take 3 players or so, that would be a nice haul.  Players like Stacey McGee and Tony Gillispie, and Jameel Owens....

Landonhog

Owens and McGee would be huge...  The U of A is closer to Muskogee than OU or OSU.  Why would anyone choose to play in the Big XII right now, when they could play in the SEC?

arklahoman36

Quote from: Tomcat on June 26, 2007, 08:21:01 am

link

6 different players have Arkansas listed as Medium.  Most if not all are in the top ten of the list.  If we can go into Oklahoma again and take 3 players or so, that would be a nice haul.  Players like Stacey McGee and Tony Gillispie, and Jameel Owens....

I would substitute Kyle Staley for Gillespie, unless DT is more pressing than ST and DB.

I'd also be looking at KJ WIlliams, a kid out of Norman North. Can play TE, DE and if memory serves he did some work at an OU camp at FB and showed promise there too.

Another would be John Flanders, a DB out of Midwest City. He's a track guy, and a friend whose seen him play several times (and whose judgment has been good in the past), said he also has good instincts.

If Owens commits before the football season begins, I don't think that bodes well for Arkansas' chances.
He wants to go somewhere will they will put the ball in the air consistently.

A lot of people think he's a lock to OU, I don't. I think if Florida offers, you could very well see him head down there.

ListenHereMister

In all honesty, do you think we have a shot at Owens or McGee?
What do Arklahoma Hog and Jack Johnson have to say about
our chances with these kids?

jpenrod1

lets take the top 3, that would be nice.

arklahoman36

Quote from: ListenHereMister on June 26, 2007, 09:35:40 am

I don't have first hand knowledge of McGee or Owens, but I do have some reliable contacts in Muskogee.

On McGee, what I'm hearing is, he's being tight-lipped, and when he does talk, he's ambiguous and/or vague. So I don't know what direction he's leaning, and haven't seen anyone one on the OU pay boards predicting anything on him.

I think if Owens stays close to home, it'll be OU. Although I think he's fascinated by Florida, and if Florida offers, he could go there. He and McGee are taking a visit there in July.

I think OSU and Ark are among the schools he lists because of proximity, but are running behind OU.

ListenHereMister

Hollywood_HOGan45

always like getting players from my state.

we should keep mining that Booker T. Washington pipeline.

Could use some more players from Jenks too.

Oliver

Quote from: Landonhog on June 26, 2007, 08:36:06 am
Owens and McGee would be huge...  The U of A is closer to Muskogee than OU or OSU.  Why would anyone choose to play in the Big XII right now, when they could play in the SEC?

If I wasn't a die hard Hog fan, I'd choose Oklahoma over Arkansas.  Being in the Big XII would be a downside, but you will get better coaching there and pretty much a guaranteed spot in a BCS bowl every other year.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Oliver Miller on June 27, 2007, 11:04:32 am

If I wasn't a die hard Hog fan, I'd choose Oklahoma over Arkansas.  Being in the Big XII would be a downside, but you will get better coaching there and pretty much a guaranteed spot in a BCS bowl every other year.

Bob Stoops also has a great percentage against ranked opponents.  I think his record is around 25-10 against them...

jhudson84

OK has lost a little when little bro went to AZ, I really figured he would have them turned around quickly.  Looks like hes going too just taking a little longer than expected.

Looks like hes getting it going with his current class, theres some talent in there.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

Oliver

Quote from: Tomcat on June 27, 2007, 11:09:38 am
Quote from: Oliver Miller on June 27, 2007, 11:04:32 am

Bob Stoops also has a great percentage against ranked opponents.  I think his record is around 25-10 against them...

Wow, you're right.  The OU website says he is 22-8 versus ranked opponents, 50-10 versus the Big 12, and 26-7 versus non-conference opponents.  Those are some numbers.

Oliver

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 27, 2007, 11:22:14 am
OK has lost a little when little bro went to AZ, I really figured he would have them turned around quickly.  Looks like hes going too just taking a little longer than expected.

Looks like hes getting it going with his current class, theres some talent in there.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

Yeah, OU's defense hasn't been the same since Mike left.  I still think Mike will end up being a successful coach one day.  He needs a program slightly better than Arizona and a good offensive coordinator, and I think he'll be fine.

jhudson84

I think OC is the key hes in a good fertile recruiting bed.

Landonhog

Quote from: ListenHereMister on June 26, 2007, 09:35:40 am

One of my roommates from college is one of the assistants at Muskogee High... (we both grew up there) I'll see what I can dig up...  He was supposed to come out to OKC to golf this week, but we were rained out...

(bad thing is that he's a die hard OU fan and grad...) 

jackflash

I do not who they will be, think we will sign two from OK my hope is defensive line and corner