Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4* CAL JUCO QB Interested in the Hogs.

Started by jhudson84, June 25, 2007, 02:28:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jhudson84

David Pittman a 4* junior college qb, may be exactly what Razorback fans are looking for.  With 26 td's to 12 int's last year Pittman originally from GA, is a true dual threat qb.  With 2 already onboard, if he was a realistic option I wonder if the coaches could make room.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=3090885

501Ben

I doubt the coaches would take him unfortunately. We have two incoming freshman QBs, and then two already committed in the '08 class, so I just don't see this panning out.

Hogstocking

Quote from: 501Ben on June 25, 2007, 02:30:02 pm
I doubt the coaches would take him unfortunately. We have two incoming freshman QBs, and then two already committed in the '08 class, so I just don't see this panning out.

Ditto. 

5'11 190lbs 4.5 sounds like he has CB written all over him.  IMO

TMc

I don't think they are going to offer any more QB's.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: TMc on June 25, 2007, 05:07:46 pm

especially one who's a 5'11" JUCO QB.  that's 2 wammies against him, IMO.  5'11" is too short and being juco means that he'll be a JR.  we haven't had very good luck with 2 year players in recent memory
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Tomhog™

JUCO QB's rarely work out.  I don't think this is an option that Nutt will pursue.  I'm still waiting for the Ole Miss QB (Shaffer) to do something.  I believe he was a 5* JUCO...

Oklahawg

UA and JUCO is a dangerous mix. For every Jermaine Petty there is a John West.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

aloha_kid

Quote from: Tomcat on June 25, 2007, 09:46:11 pm
JUCO QB's rarely work out.  I don't think this is an option that Nutt will pursue.  I'm still waiting for the Ole Miss QB (Shaffer) to do something.  I believe he was a 5* JUCO...

I thought Schaffer was a U Tenn transfer the same class as Ainge?

aloha_kid

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on June 25, 2007, 09:40:51 pm
Quote from: TMc on June 25, 2007, 05:07:46 pm

especially one who's a 5'11" JUCO QB.  that's 2 wammies against him, IMO.  5'11" is too short and being juco means that he'll be a JR.  we haven't had very good luck with 2 year players in recent memory

Just don't tell Flutie

Realist

aloha, he was the same, then transferred to JUCO after being kicked off team at TN.  He played one year at College of the Sequoyahs then went to Ole Miss

VenturaHog

I dont know, if Lee and Nutt are desperate to keep their jobs and want to go back to the option offense, they might like a player with more experience.

whocares

aloha he transfered from UT to College of the Serqouis or something like that in Cali and then transfered to Ole piss.

Beaverfever

Quote from: aloha_kid on June 25, 2007, 11:48:24 pm

He was.  I think he went juco between the two though.  Schaeffer and Ainge were neck and neck their freshman years.

harmonyhog

The previous JuCo qb from California did not pan out.

Remember Ryan Sorahan?

Bomis Hawg

Jeff Tedford took JC QBs (both Sophomores when enrolled) -- Reggie Robertson in 2002 and Aaron Rodgers in 2003.  Both looked to get the starting job after Boller graduated.  Robertson got the first start against K-State, I believe.  Did decent until Rogers came in and finished the deal.  We know the rest.

Rodgers become a first round pick.  Robertson didn't do much.  A case for both sides.

oldfart

he was but i think he had to spend some time in a JuCo because of grades....  then signed with Ole Miss

razorhoggs

Yes, also do not forget about the Califorina QB that is going to walk-on next year!

Phatasshog

He was, but then he went to Junior College and came out after that as a 5* juco recruit

Bomis Hawg

Schaeffer was fairly highly recruited out of HS.  Don't think he was a five star.
Hard to do something when nothing is around you.  Happens to talented QBs all the time.