Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scout's top 300

Started by this hog needs help, June 25, 2007, 11:26:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

this hog needs help

June 25, 2007, 11:26:25 am Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 11:30:37 am by this hog needs help
Arkansas doesn't have a very strong showing with Joe Adams being the first on the list at #155, along with Wright #276 and Curtis #268.

http://recruiting.scout.com/3/2008_fb_national_300.html

jpenrod1

if they think Adams is 155 they have a messed up list.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Tomcat on June 25, 2007, 11:43:05 am
I don't see how they have Sam McGuffie at no. 59. 

My thoughts exactly.  I can not believe this young man is only a 4* in both Rivals & Scout.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

jhudson84

Really starting to lose alot of faith in these services.

Dragon I

They may be watching tape and know that if he doesn't quit hurrdling defenders he is going to have a short career in the SEC.  I think the kid has to be the best RB i've seen in high school, but longevity could be an issue if he doesn't brake the habit.  I hope the Hogs get him that way I can see him play every Saturday.
Fear the Hat!

ntubjr

Scout should be ignored.They watch very few on tape and rely on the people running boards.Rivals rely less on boards and more on tapes

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: ntubjr on June 25, 2007, 06:03:51 pm
Scout should be ignored.They watch very few on tape and rely on the people running boards.Rivals rely less on boards and more on tapes

Both systems have flaws, but I completely ignore most of Scout's rankings.  They are absolutely terrible. Scout did not give McFadden 5 stars and only gave DeAngelo Williams 1 freakin star.  There are several players that they miss on and the fact that they only have a couple of players from Arkansas listed in the top 300 further proves that they are a joke.  This is probably the best class of players in Arkansas ever 1-20. 

VenturaHog

scout is usually so behind it's a joke. rivals is better imo but their job is kind of impossible, to pick an arbitrary ranking system for thousands of players a year. It's inexact to say the least. That being said it's all that I have to go on really so I'll take it over nothing.

Beaverfever

I really think recruiting rankings mean a lot more for college basketball than football.  If USC had the same class as us they would still have all four and five stars.  I think the problem is that there is just too many players to keep up with adequately.  There could be 700-800 d1 players in a class. 

LJHOG

Quote from: Tomcat on June 25, 2007, 11:43:05 am
I don't see how they have Sam McGuffie at no. 59. 
Hard to figure that one.  Must be 58 really great HS players somewhere in America.  I'd love to see Sam in a Hog uniform, I don't care, if he's rated 558.

notreseveredname

rating prospects = weather forcasts

501Ben

Scout is better in basketball, and Rivals is better in football.