Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Davoe Joseph?

Started by hawgwild1087, June 23, 2007, 01:11:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgwild1087

Scout is reporting that Arkansas has offered Devoe Joseph - a 6'3" 4-star SG from Ontario.
Does anyone know anything else about this guy and if we have a pretty good shot of landing him? 
Hes a top 100 player and seems like he would be a good pickup. 
Its a good sign that Pelphrey is looking as far away as Canada for recruits.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: hawgwild1087 on June 23, 2007, 01:11:09 am
Scout is reporting that Arkansas has offered Devoe Joseph - a 6'3" 4-star SG from Ontario.
Does anyone know anything else about this guy and if we have a pretty good shot of landing him? 
Hes a top 100 player and seems like he would be a good pickup. 
Its a good sign that Pelphrey is looking as far away as Canada for recruits.

I believe he was on the team from Canada that beat the Hawks in Pittsburgh I believe.  He played tremendous throughout the AAU tournament. 

Tomhog™

Devoe Joseph 

Grade: 12

Height: 6'3

Position: Guard

School & League: Pickering - Durham

2006-2007 Season Updates:

-Tournament MVP at the Pinky Lewis Classic in Hamilton.

-1st team tournament all-star at the Court Heinbuch.

Notes:

Great combo guard with a great understanding of the game.  One of the best shooters in the province; with the rare combination of being able to hit the three coming off screens or off the dribble, a very good mid-range game, and can also take it to the hole and finish with both hands.

Accomplishments:

Member of the 2004 Under 15 Provincial team that won the gold at the Nationals.

Member of the 2005 Under 17 Provincial team that won the gold at the Nationals.

2006 ACBW Rising Star Player of the year.

Member of the 2006 Junior Men's National Team that qualified for the 2007 World's.

MVP of the ACE Shootout.

Tomhog™

Michigan and Arkansas will be at the top probably with him in time.  We beat the Wolverines out for Patrick Beverley.  Maybe we can beat them out again.

bd93

I hope we can get him.....

Realist

does anyone else want to say his name backwards?

slopinhogs

i know a guy whose first name is Devoe HE FARMED AT MCDOUGAL ARK FOR YEARS.NOW RETIRED.

THANKS FOF ALL THE INFO TOMCAT I APPRECIATE  YOUR HARD WORK. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

jhudson84

Sports offers from:

Arkansas, Michigan, Va Tech, Minnesota, and A&M.  Wonder how long until BCG gets involved............slimeball

bd93

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 25, 2007, 12:15:05 pm
Sports offers from:

Arkansas, Michigan, Va Tech, Minnesota, and A&M.  Wonder how long until BCG gets involved............slimeball

BCG has offered 10+ scholarships and only has four available for next year.

Tomhog™

Quote from: bd93 on June 25, 2007, 01:40:07 pm
Quote from: jhudson84 on June 25, 2007, 12:15:05 pm
Sports offers from:

BCG has offered 10+ scholarships and only has four available for next year.

It's the way some coaches are doing it now, including Pel.  You offer a bunch that you want and take the first ones that commit.

jhudson84

The thing is JP offers a bunch he wants and BCG offers those players right afterwards.

blueshog2001

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 25, 2007, 02:07:55 pm
The thing is JP offers a bunch he wants and BCG offers those players right afterwards.
Is Billy having Pel tailed? ;)

Tomhog™

Quote from: blueshog2001 on June 25, 2007, 02:09:12 pm
Quote from: jhudson84 on June 25, 2007, 02:07:55 pm
Is Billy having Pel tailed? ;)

It would certainly seem that way.  I wouldn't be surprised if Arkansas emerges as the no. 1 SEC team again with Kentucky trailing.  Then they'd wished they hired Pel intead of Billy the Kid...

jhudson84