Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

VIDEO: Cruz's Shootout 7 0n 7

Started by jhudson84, June 22, 2007, 12:13:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

peakhog

I like what I see. He will still have to adapt to how physical the SEC will be. Marcus Monk got of the line pretty well as a Freshman and Soph. Now the SEC CB's know how to jam and hold him up. That's why we must get more people in the pass routes.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: peakhog on June 22, 2007, 12:20:15 pm
I like what I see. He will still have to adapt to how physical the SEC will be. Marcus Monk got of the line pretty well as a Freshman and Soph. Now the SEC CB's know how to jam and hold him up. That's why we must get more people in the pass routes.

I agree.  He has the size and speed to compete right away, but will need to get stronger to get off the line against stronger and more physical db's.  I think the major difference between Cruz Williams and Greg Childs, is that Childs is physically ready to play wide reciever right now at the D1 level, but still lacks a lot of experience as a reciever.

jhudson84

Would it be the best WR class the hogs have ever had with

1. Dee Williams
2. Cruz Williams
3. Greg Childs
4. Joe Adams
5. Jay Wright

Hawgballz

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 22, 2007, 12:53:42 pm

1. Dee Williams
2. Cruz Williams
3. Greg Childs
4. Joe Adams
5. Jay Wright

Not only would it be the greatest receiving class ever at Arkansas, but it would mean that some receivers would have to look at switching positions, I believe.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

jhudson84

JAY WRIGHT should think about corner..............REALLY HARD

Hawgballz

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 22, 2007, 01:22:57 pm

I agree, the NFL is in such need of good corners that they are always drafted higher & paid more than their talent level.  I believe that his athleticism is such that he would play a lot as a true freshman.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

IcEwalker

Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 22, 2007, 01:31:14 pm
Quote from: jhudson84 on June 22, 2007, 01:22:57 pm

I agree, the NFL is in such need of good corners that they are always drafted higher & paid more than their talent level.  I believe that his athleticism is such that he would play a lot as a true freshman.

i ran against him at the indoor meet, and he is probably 5'10".

rayzorbacks

nah 7 on 7  is way different than real football...im not dissing this guy but still in 7 on 7 when u catch the ball across the middle u get patted .....in football games u get nailed by bruising linebackers

DT

Quote from: rayzorbacks on June 22, 2007, 03:14:29 pm
nah 7 on 7  is way different than real football...im not dissing this guy but still in 7 on 7 when u catch the ball across the middle u get patted .....in football games u get nailed by bruising linebackers

You haven't played in too many tournaments have you? They get very physical a times. Most WR recruits are going to be the featured WR in their offense, not a slot guy going over the middle. You can get a very good feel for how well a WR can deal with the physical nature of getting off the line in 7 on 7 at a tournament like this with quality teams.

hogsmaster

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 22, 2007, 12:53:42 pm

1. Dee Williams
2. Cruz Williams
3. Greg Childs
4. Joe Adams
5. Jay Wright

Nice list but Damien/London class may be on par.  Marquis Wade is not as well known, but may end up with the best college career from that class.