Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tejada ‘auditioning’ for Hogs’ staff at All-Star game

Started by Tomhog™, June 22, 2007, 08:37:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tbhogfan

I love his attitude.  He's assuming that he will have to earn the job, instead of assuming it will be handed to him because of his HS stats. 

One of my quibbles with Houston's recruiting over the years is not going after high quality placekickers like Alex and offering scholarships if needed to get them.   I am glad he broke this trend with Alex.

To me, a great placekicker almost guarantees that you will come away with points once you breach the opponent's 25 yard line.

Alex will win some games for us over the next 4 years.
Go Hogs!

jhudson84

I played against Alex in h.s. soccer and despite many peoples thoughts about kickers he is an excellent athlete and one of the best soccer players I have ever seen.  Strong foot and very accurate.

jackflash

My be the single most important recruit this year, if he can handle kickoffs and field goals of 40 yards,

yraciv

Quote from: Tomcat on June 23, 2007, 09:49:37 am
He did fairly well in the game.  He kicked a 31-yard and a 38-yard FG...

Did the kickoffs soar in the endzone too?

hogtusk

Did he use a tee?
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Hogtropolis™

A 65-yarder in practice...that is unreal.  Having a quality kicker will help us win the close games like the LSU and Wisconsin games from last year.  I can't wait to see Tejada kicking for the Hogs.

Adam Stokes

I heard he had amazing power but needed to work on his accuracy.  What were his high school stats?  I can't find them on rivals or the springdale site.

hog37

Quote from: yraciv on June 23, 2007, 11:10:33 am

Did the kickoffs soar in the endzone too?

All were in the endzone except 1.  Dont know if any were deep enough from the 35 though.  Still, a good performance and I sure hope he can kick FG's with no T. 

slopinhogs

he's a bonafied certified guranteed kicker . so we will be better off this year than last when we couldn't buy a field goal. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die