Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cedar Hill CB Greg Brown talks Arkansas and recruiting

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 21, 2007, 04:13:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Greg is a 5'11 173 CB with 4.43 speed from Cedar Hill Tx., Cedar Hill HS.

TRG: Your total offers so far?

Greg: I have 14. Some of them include Arkansas, Virginia, Iowa St., Kansas, Ark St., Missouri, Tulsa, SMU, North Texas.

TRG: When did Arkansas offer?

Greg: They offered about three months ago. Tulsa was the first school to offer.

TRG: Do you plan to attend Arkansas' Sr camp?

Greg: Yes sir.

TRG: Who's recruiting you the hardest?

Greg: Probably Wisconsin. 

TRG: Have they offered?

Greg: They're talking about an offer but they haven't offered yet..

TRG: Do you have a top 3 or top 5?

Greg: Arkansas, Virginia, Kansas.

TRG: What were your stats this past season?

Greg: I had 36 tackles and 16 solos, one pick and 6 pass deflections.

TRG: What do you best?

Greg: I'm a good cover man.

TRG: What about a decision?

Greg: I'm not sure. I'm probably not going to decide early, probably around November.

TRG: What do you like about Arkansas?

Greg: I like the way they play and one of my former teammates Jerrell Norton goes there and he said it's good school. He said it's a lot like our team, they kinda act the same and how they work hard and stuff.

TRG: Will he have an influence on your decision?

Greg: Yes sir.

I caught Greg yesterday right after he was coming out of summer classes. He hopes to be a mid term grad and enroll in college and particpate in spring drills. Greg said Arkansas' Sr. camp is a definite. He didn't mention any other camp but Arkansas' Sr camp.

Greg may or may not wait til November to decide but I wouldn't be surprised if he commits soon after Arkansas' Sr camp. I could be way off base but I wouldn't be surprised.

mhsbc59

I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

AFWarrior83

What if Nutt ends up with a top 10 class? Wouldn't that be something...
Hogville member since 2005.

rzrbcks2120

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 21, 2007, 04:38:02 pm

It would be great but I was looking around on Rivals at other SEC teams and how their 08 recruiting is going and most of them are doing the same if not better than us. It seemed to be that we were off to a great start, which got me curious about the other SEC teams. I think this class will be a good one and we are definitely off to a good start. But I'm not so sure about a top 10 class.

Hogstocking

Nice to see we're putting roots down in Cedar Hill. 

Hope we get him

Wu Tang Clan

June 21, 2007, 05:03:44 pm #5 Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 05:07:26 pm by Wu Tang Clan

That is not going to happen.  "Arkansas likes to find diamond in the rough players who are not highly rated who cause the overall class ranking to look lower.  There are many programs who recruit solely on ratings and video.  Schools such as, UCLA, USC, Florida, Notre Dame, LSU, Alabama, Florida St. Miami, Oklahoma, and Texas will all have better classes than Arkansas.  Arkansas would be doing good if they finished in the top 20 consistently.   

COCHISE

I'm glad to see that Okie St. is not an option thus far,  we shouldn't have to worry about William Cole luring him up there.

HOGINTENNESSEE

killamon

great news, we could possibly end up with 3-4 CBs before the season even starts...

1. Kip Edwards
2. Ugo Okpara
3. Greg Brown
4. Marquis McFadden (if he performs at the Sr. camp like he did at Ok. St.)

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: killamon on June 21, 2007, 06:33:59 pm
great news, we could possibly end up with 3-4 CBs before the season even starts...

1. Kip Edwards
2. Ugo Okpara
3. Greg Brown
4. Marquis McFadden (if he performs at the Sr. camp like he did at Ok. St.)

I think that Arkansas should go after a top JUCO corner as well who could step in and play immediately.  There is not a lot of quality depth at that position and they should sign at least 4-5 corners, with one coming from the JUCO ranks. 

jpenrod1

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on June 21, 2007, 05:03:44 pm

That is not going to happen.  "Arkansas likes to find diamond in the rough players who are not highly rated who cause the overall class ranking to look lower.  There are many programs who recruit solely on ratings and video.  Schools such as, UCLA, USC, Florida, Notre Dame, LSU, Alabama, Florida St. Miami, Oklahoma, and Texas will all have better classes than Arkansas.  Arkansas would be doing good if they finished in the top 20 consistently.   

I think this year we have found a few of those players, like pick, but i think this year they seem to have at least a little higher of a rating than usual. I think our overall talent this year will be higher than most.

NMHOGG

I like good news we are ready for some D commitments.

justmaybe

I am trying to remember a JUCO corner that stepped in and played immediately. Or any position immediately for that matter.  I'd like to see it happen to but I just don't see it.

arklahoman36

Quote from: jpenrod1 on June 21, 2007, 08:16:00 pm

I think this year we have found a few of those players, like pick, but i think this year they seem to have at least a little higher of a rating than usual. I think our overall talent this year will be higher than most.

If your ranked as one of the Top 10 dual QBs by one of the ranking services, that's not exactly a diamond in the rough.

Quote from: justmaybe on June 22, 2007, 01:33:57 am
I am trying to remember a JUCO corner that stepped in and played immediately. Or any position immediately for that matter.  I'd like to see it happen to but I just don't see it.

Yea, I don't like JUCO players at certain positions, and one of them is DB.
At OU, it seems like any JUCO DB they got for immediate help, was either a total flop or ended up doing well (not great), but not until their second year.

I'd rather look at a WR or RB down on the depth chart at their natural position to convert, before I looked at JUCO. OU's had more success with that than JUCO DBs.

hawgtahm

Any position? Eddie "Boo" Williams (they're not booing, they're yelling boo).

I get your point, and don't disagree, but Bill Snyder made himself legendary at Kansas State with JUCO transfers. Oops, I'm derailing.

Come aboard Mr. Brown. We would love to have you.

Go Hogs!

COCHISE

Matt Hewitt has been a productive JUCO transfer that contributed early.

ListenHereMister

Darius Vinnett was a pretty solid JUCO DB.
Remember last years game in Columbia?

Wu Tang Clan

Darius Vinnet was a starter before he was injured, and was one of Arkansas better corners. 

jpenrod1

Quote from: arklahoman36 on June 22, 2007, 02:18:07 am
Quote from: jpenrod1 on June 21, 2007, 08:16:00 pm

If your ranked as one of the Top 10 dual QBs by one of the ranking services, that's not exactly a diamond in the rough.

Yea, I don't like JUCO players at certain positions, and one of them is DB.
At OU, it seems like any JUCO DB they got for immediate help, was either a total flop or ended up doing well (not great), but not until their second year.

I'd rather look at a WR or RB down on the depth chart at their natural position to convert, before I looked at JUCO. OU's had more success with that than JUCO DBs.

Just looking at his offers and the response people had on here when we signed him shows that people didnt know much about him. May be he was just underrated not a diamond in the rough.

jhudson84

The biggest Juco flop at Arkansas the last few years was Marcus Whitmore, he was suppose to come in and start right away and many thought he would be an all american, myself included, never worked out played ok.

Hogstocking

June 22, 2007, 01:45:16 pm #20 Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 01:47:05 pm by Hogstocking
I'm sure there are more, but the only All SEC caliber JUCO player  I can recall recently is Rory Johnson LB at Ole Miss.  Him and Patrick Willis were a great tandem

Rudi Johnson was very good at Auburn but that's going back a ways.

jackflash

Our recruiting level needs to improve and can, we will never recruit on the Level Of USC,LSU FL OR FL ST. our talent level will get better if we can add Louisiana and Florida kids to our list, JUCO kids can help, need to make sure they can come

slopinhogs

June 24, 2007, 10:00:17 pm #22 Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 10:02:54 pm by slopinhogs
we don't need to recruit on their lervel because it takes heart to win not a ranking. come on Greg be a Hog.:razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die