Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(Basketball Recruiting) DeQuan Jones Update

Started by HawgG, June 21, 2007, 12:34:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgG

As some may or maynot know Jones has Arkansas in his top five along with Cincy, Clemson, FSU, and Oregon.

He is a BIG, BIG TIME ATHLETE that has had interest in Arkansas for a long time.The con is he can't shoot the ball from the perimeter and he needs to improve his ball handling some.

However he reminds me of a Daron Washington(VT) type of wing player, not as tall, but anybody that has watched Washington play knows what that type of an athlete can do for a team.

I would love for this guy to be our next commitment.He would be someone that Joyner can find on fastbreaks for some thunderous throwdowns.

Recent article by Rivals on Jones at the NBAPA camp:

Perhaps even more impressive was DeQuan Jones, who continues to shine in the camp setting. The Marietta (Ga.) Wheeler product ripped the rims down on Wednesday night. He roughly had a half dozen dunks (maybe more) and these weren't your average throw downs. Jones reportedly scored over 20 points and did it was a loud stamp each time.

Hollywood_HOGan45

whocares

jhudson84

I say Trent, Jones, Joyner, and Clarke would be nice, maybe we can add Andre Clark of LR just get BCG out of the way.

RazorAg

You have to have a back-to-the-basket big guy out this next class in my opinion.  Let's say you get that out of JC, which would be preferable.  Then add:

Trent
Joyner
Clarke or a bigger 2-guard/Shooter

bd93

We have to get a big man out of this 08' class.  I think we can get that from a JUCO though.

jhudson84

I have not heard on any juco big men that arkansas is in on but they usually are very quiet anyways.  The Techineg (SP) kid from TX, would be nice and so would Clark from LR.

mbgrulz

i think the clark kid is a big deal. nobody really is paying too much attention to him, but he seems like a really good late bloomer who could help replace our bigs. andre clark and ternace henry are very important prospects right now.

jhudson84

Quote from: mbgrulz on June 21, 2007, 04:50:43 pm
i think the clark kid is a big deal. nobody really is paying too much attention to him, but he seems like a really good late bloomer who could help replace our bigs. andre clark and ternace henry are very important prospects right now.

Clark has a UK offer and BCG was tryin to get him to become part of the 07 class.  Lets him we can get him to stay home just have not heard much about him.

Beaverfever

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 22, 2007, 08:32:44 am
Quote from: mbgrulz on June 21, 2007, 04:50:43 pm

Clark has a UK offer and BCG was tryin to get him to become part of the 07 class.  Lets him we can get him to stay home just have not heard much about him.
You can do that???

jhudson84

Theres was a rivals article not too long ago, Clark was planning on taking his SAT and with a passing score thinking about becoming part of the '07 class.  BCG has a spot open for this year and Clark would be the best player in the nation for 07 if that was too happen.  I think BCG likes him but wont have room next season with a monster class lined up.